WHAT ARE we GOING TO DO?

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
NobodyListens2Genius

WHAT ARE we GOING TO DO?

Post by NobodyListens2Genius »

About the increasing control and prevalence of government and corporations, and the loss of our freedoms & humanity.

They have simply screwed everything up, and continue to screw it up on a daily basis. We may be the few that can fully understand and appreciate what's happening and therefore have an obligation to do good and fight an evil most people can't even see.

Hopefully if we all throw out the best of the best of our ideas on this subject we can come up with something that creates a huge amount of benefit in a simple way. Something practical, a way to move people globally.

Geniuses have a way of solving impossible issues simply. Ideas?
Kunga

Re: WHAT ARE we GOING TO DO?

Post by Kunga »

Get off the grid. Become a forest monk.

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&tab= ... 25&bih=696
NobodyListens2Genius

Kunga

I am definitely going to read that book it looks interesting.

And to be completely honest, I want NOTHING more than to walk into a forest and not come back.

The only thing stopping me is food and shelter. If I knew I was never going to starve or freeze. I would not even be in this country. I would catch a plane to India or somewhere and live there as an illegal immigrant, I can't imagine it would be hard to lose yourself in such a place.

I would love nothing more to be completely free from the first world prison.

Guaranteed food and shelter and I'm a forest monk tomorrow, but in this world I could end up homeless and hungry within a week of leaving everything, including money, behind.

Any suggestions as to how I can solve this? I don't own any land and I live in Australia.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

NobodyListens2Genius wrote:I am definitely going to read that book
NobodyListens2Genius,
I'm reading it. (Exhilarating & VERY interesting read !!!) Half way through it.(pdf), Also going through a life change crisis, and contemplate this option. Whatdaya got to loose ?
NobodyListens2Genius

Kunga wrote:
NobodyListens2Genius,
I'm reading it. (Exhilarating & VERY interesting read !!!) Half way through it.(pdf), Also going through a life change crisis, and contemplate this option. Whatdaya got to loose ?
Well it could turn out that I can't find my way home if things go unwell and I do end up sleeping on the streets. I need a solution, and it isn't money.

I just want to be free from all the crazies and their hypocrisy.
NobodyListens2Genius

I will definitely get around to reading it soon as I have wanted to learn from some modern monks.

BACK TO TOPIC:

Any suggestions????????

Does no one else think this is important?
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

NobodyListens2Genius wrote:About the increasing control and prevalence of government and corporations, and the loss of our freedoms & humanity.

They have simply screwed everything up, and continue to screw it up on a daily basis. We may be the few that can fully understand and appreciate what's happening and therefore have an obligation to do good and fight an evil most people can't even see.

Hopefully if we all throw out the best of the best of our ideas on this subject we can come up with something that creates a huge amount of benefit in a simple way. Something practical, a way to move people globally.

Geniuses have a way of solving impossible issues simply. Ideas?
Hi NL2G!

A genius approach, to get to the simplicity, is to explore the essentials of a given situation. To bring it down in more fundamental terms and act upon that knowledge when possible.

Before getting to all kind of practical "solutions" one first needs to take a few steps back. Sorry if that sounds like avoiding action but you wanted a fundamental answer so here goes one. The first journey is to understand more of what is meant with they, this whole conglomerate of government, corporation and various power movers. Can we boil it down to something? Structure, structured power? The "faceless" or or some "inhuman entity" we cannot relate to but keeps calling the shots?

In this instance I'd like to boil it down to "those in control and responsible for big errors". This hardly visible "evil" needs to be challenged and you call the individual for ways to challenge out of control error and replace it with something better.

But you also write "I want NOTHING more than to walk into a forest and not come back". So you desire to escape what you see as the first world prison. Or since the forest is preferred one could deduce it's city life or mainstream civilized life is what you've become sick and tired of.

But before global movements are started I'd like to know more exactly what is being moved against. Cities? Western civilization as a whole? But what about Indo-Chinese development? Or do we need to frame it more as the individual against the group mind of increasing mass technology and population, a sea of conformity to really get lost in as single cell and yet we cannot exist alone either.

In other words, what is freedom and humanity? Before striving for it we need to establish in better terms than currently are used what it means to be free and human. Can we be free from modernization without becoming a slave to primal needs for food and shelter, security and safety. Not to mention prime instincts, cultural or genetic, to raise family or explore sciences.

Even simpler put: what is it that is being lost and did we ever got it before? If not, then a new way to be needs to be invented first.
NobodyListens2Genius

Every law is a reduction of freedom. Laws are only increasing while our freedoms are decreasing. Government continues to become more prevalent. They have moved away from self-sustainability and hence freedom. To slavery via imaginary numbers. The numbers do not relate to work, as someone could be earning 1/1000th of another persons salary while working 10x the amount. The money is not even backed by gold anymore.The more governments take control of resources, the more we are dependent on them.

I was thinking we move away from complete government regulation, toward freedom.

I'm thinking over idealistically here, but I mean a world without borders or boundaries and so forth.

We cannot get to freedom by walking in the opposite direction, and continuing to separate the world and regulate it is destroying both our planet and our humanity. Self-sustainability is a start, people used to grow food, not work their whole lives to eat and pay for land which should be free. This is one open world, anyone that tries to section part of it off for themselves are under the illusion they somehow own part of the world.

For as long as there has been people at the top, there have been many more at the bottom. Equality cannot be reached in a society that promotes greed and over esteems wealthy men.

This society is spiraling so fast toward "1984". They have already started advertising mass microchipping.

As clear as it can be put: The sith lord is the supreme chancellor. This is so serious that if we do not stop it now, our very existence may come to an end. Men with power are disillusioned and insane.

The world needs to wake up. So how do we wake it up?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-Nobody Listens 2 Genius-
For as long as there has been people at the top, there have been many more at the bottom. Equality cannot be reached in a society that promotes greed and over esteems wealthy men.

-tomas-
It's progress folks, keep pushin' till your body rots.

-Genie-
This society is spiraling so fast toward "1984". They have already started advertising mass microchipping.

-tomas-
Shut up already and drink (then swallow) the kool-aid. You won't know what hit you.

-Genie-
As clear as it can be put: The sith lord is the supreme chancellor. This is so serious that if we do not stop it now, our very existence may come to an end. Men with power are disillusioned and insane.

-tomas-
Take a chill pill. It's always been like this.

-Genie-
The world needs to wake up. So how do we wake it up?

-tomas-
The "world" (the wide road which leads to destination Hell) will go on its way no matter what. There is no way to wake up the spiritually dead. Go (on your path built for one)-way, Genie. Wake yourself up first.
Last edited by Tomas on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't run to your death
NobodyListens2Genius

Tomas

:/
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Thomas wrote:Wake yourself up first.
Sri Nisargadatta agrees.

"Most of people's activities are valueless, if not outright destructive. Dominated by desire and fear, they can do nothing good. Ceasing to do evil precedes beginning to do good. Hence the need for stopping all activities for a time, to investigate one's urges and their motives, see all that is false in one's life, purge the mind of all evil and then only restart work, beginning with one's obvious duties. Of course, if you have a chance to help somebody, by all means do it and promptly too, don't keep him waiting till you are perfect. But do not become a professional do-gooder."
- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

NobodyListens2Genius wrote: I was thinking we move away from complete government regulation, toward freedom.

I'm thinking over idealistically here, but I mean a world without borders or boundaries and so forth.
While freedom is often expressed by "lack of this" or "without that", what often really is meant is like the maximum control over ones own space or time, or the desire to own something which was not allowed or have enough space, safety and food to enjoy the few hours left in a day. Others find freedom in the power and ability to speak ones mind or express individual tastes and choices. Or one demands normality or tolerance from a world where it wasn't before. But whenever someone fought for "freedom" so far, some new kind of border of boundary (law, convention, regulation) had to be drafted. It's ultimately about a shift of power or control. The only "real" freedom lies in death or lack of consciousness. Or in true selflessness.
NobodyListens2Genius

Cahoot or Tomas

Neither of you know me or what I know. So stay on topic I guess,

And both of you are wrong, without action from people like Gandhi to show others by example and to teach the truth we would be nowhere.

" Its always been like this" is a loser excuse.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

NobodyListens2Genius wrote:Cahoot or Tomas

Neither of you know me or what I know. So stay on topic I guess,

And both of you are wrong, without action from people like Gandhi to show others by example and to teach the truth we would be nowhere.

" Its always been like this" is a loser excuse.
This response of yours defines you well enough for these conditions. :)
NobodyListens2Genius

Diebert van Rhijn wrote: Or one demands normality or tolerance from a world where it wasn't before. But whenever someone fought for "freedom" so far, some new kind of border of boundary (law, convention, regulation) had to be drafted. It's ultimately about a shift of power or control. The only "real" freedom lies in death or lack of consciousness. Or in true selflessness.

This may be so, and evil might always find a new avenue, but in its current form, it is taking our way our freedoms with every new law or regulatory measure past. These laws are increasing not decreasing. These people are getting less wise not more wise.

Ever heard the old saying evil prevails when good men fail to act? Even if evil prevails anyway, I'd like to give it a shot.

So really I wasn't looking for any debates, just suggestions on things we can do to improve the situation?

Cahoot stay on topic, and no, a single comment never defined anyone for any of your ignorant judgements on people you don't know. Please discotinue posting on this topic unleass it is topic related.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

My thoughts about you are kind and understanding, Sweetie, and hopefully my regrettable lack of clarity in posting did not cause you discomfort.

I wish you well in your intent to make the world a better place. And as/if I think of specific actions to aid this intent I'll be careful to make sure they are related to the topic.

Often the seemingly less significant things that are part of the daily routine give life its flavor, and contribute to any meaning that is derived from living.
So, when not actively engaged in theoretically redesigning governments, attention towards routine actions that are true to your intent is something we can do.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Cahoot wrote:My thoughts about you are kind and understanding, Sweetie, and hopefully my regrettable lack of clarity in posting did not cause you discomfort.

I wish you well in your intent to make the world a better place. And as/if I think of specific actions to aid this intent I'll be careful to make sure they are related to the topic.

Often the seemingly less significant things that are part of the daily routine give life its flavor, and contribute to any meaning that is derived from living.
So, when not actively engaged in theoretically redesigning governments, attention towards routine actions that are true to your intent is something we can do.
What strikes me about Genie is his/her lack of understanding how "the real world" functions. Furthermore, dragging Gandhi into the conversation only muddies the water. Having been to India a couple different times their 'bizarre caste system' only divides the people ever more. The third world is/has come to the United States and the barren poverty has increased exponentially whereby the middle class is hollowed to near-nothing.

North Dakota is a 'place' where only the outskirts and inner city have poverty to see on a daily basis. The Indian reservations have never been good. Corraled-up and starved by Buffalo Soldiers and left to disease, alcohol, and now meth addicts. It is the rare powwow experience that I venture onto their lands, and only at a few Native-friends invitations.. Better six feet up than six deep. And, no, I'm not Custer's 2nd cousin ;-)

Genie needs to find 'earthly salvation' at the Aborigine reservations in Australia. The physical messiah is here, no-no over there, uhhh spiritually everywhere knock on brain...
Don't run to your death
brad walker

Post by brad walker »

Study the history of Gnosticism and become a double agent.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Riot in the streets and burn Watts over this?
Not likely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHh2DMGWTRs
NobodyListens2Genius

Damn Cops.
oxytocinNA

Post by oxytocinNA »

Tomas wrote:
Take a chill pill. It's always been like this.

Genie. Wake yourself up first.
True - in a basic sense
This person is waking up - or trying to stand up - in an idealistic way.
NobodyListens2Genius wrote: I was thinking we move away from complete government regulation, toward freedom.
Yes you are thinking idealistically. *Were the average person's ability to abstract developed enough, then individual sovereignty would win out. Things would be different. People are not even close to this. There has been no real improvement since recorded history (not in ability).

*That is your answer. The majority of the people have to clearly see that the emperor has no clothes.**update

Tomas is right in that you have to accept the species as it is. The desire to escape negative things about the species, is healthy. Life is short. Who wants it wasted by silliness. Sadly it is virtually impossible to get away. Best to make sure you have positive things to put your mind to, to balance out the negative.

**For absolute individualism to work, a rigid code of conduct must be adhered to. It must be fully understood. Not unlike a math equation. People must understand how this code is abstracted, for full understanding. It can not happen with religious edicts, or social laws (legal systems), or social artifice. These latter are all crutches / short cuts to limited civility and break down quite often (Sorry if that is offensive to anyone but human history tells the tale). This requires a much, much, broader contextual base to work from, then simple math equations. Look how difficult it can be to get people to understand math (barring simple forms - whether it is a matter of lack of interest, or just lacking in pre-requisite knowledge).
The majority (the average) must be able to do this (have the ability to abstract code). If not - it will never happen - axiomatic. Again - the species on a whole is not close to this. It (generally speaking) still struggles with simple superficial non-sense.
Z1724v b7zb18xr y38 h24c23
NobodyListens2Genius

Oxy

Everything you said is completely correct, and I agree that NOTHING is being done. If anything it is only getting worse, I can't imagine how much longer our species survives at this rate. So then how do we give people this understanding? How do we free them from a system that is designed to hold them down at every turn?
brad walker

Post by brad walker »

NobodyListens2Genius

You say it like its untrue? ..