In the News

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
keenobserver

paris in jail

Post by keenobserver »

Poor Paris.
Why have they finally nailer her so?
Because american youth are out of control.
But why?
Well, teen girls may behave better if they see their role model pay dearly for her infractions.
So, they only nailed Paris because of this?
Yes. If there wasnt much perceived to be gained, she wouldnt have been watched so closely and punished so harshly. She comes from a rich family and these frequently get off with little fanfare and quietly, no tv coverage. It just so happens that this was a great opportunity to send a message to americas youth. The situation is so desperate now with the kids that little sacrifices need to be made.
There was no reason for Paris to take her previous judgements seriously because her star status and parents could always spare her just about anything, but now things are different because millions of mothers may benefit from her sacrifice.
Oh, ok, i understand now.
What a fucked up country you lived in, eh?
yup
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

They nailed Paris because she showed contempt for perfectly reasonable laws. Whether it sends a useful message to anyone remains to be seen, and may be somewhat beside the point anyway.
Katy

Post by Katy »

They didn't really "nail" her at all. She got 45 days for a second DUI offense. Us normal people would be spending 6 months in jail.
-Katy
keenobserver

Post by keenobserver »

She'll be lucky (un) to do any time at all, perhaps a few days some weekend.
Sharly_Li

Post by Sharly_Li »

The fame that Paris has attained is purely out of the result of how the public responds to her in both negative and positive ways. She works for a quite a few entertainment corporations. They all want a peice of her because they know how to exploit her in a manner that the public will always respond.

Now that shes going to jail, the media are having a bit of a field day.

Were all talking about it because 'the media wants us too'

The public love's to focus on Paris's stupidity when really the publics not much different focusing on mindless gossip in some sort of subconscious attempt to avoid facing their own issues.
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

Sharly_Li wrote:
The public love's to focus on Paris's stupidity when really the publics not much different focusing on mindless gossip in some sort of subconscious attempt to avoid facing their own issues.
Isn't it more the case that the publics "issues" are also just gossip.

The public don't need to subconsciously "avoid" anything when near 100% of the time their totally unconscious, and clearly just acting on impulse.

-
Elizabeth Isabelle

Re: Gere in India

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

keenobserver wrote:You no doubt have seen it. Actor Richard Gere assaulting and mauling with a hug and kiss an Indian actress there on a live stage. She and her country were so offended that some judge has issued a warrant for his arrest.
You thought that was bad? Try this one of hip-hop star Akon, who (while in Trinidad) invited a 15 year old girl up on stage as part of a dance contest - according to this article promising her a trip to Africa if she won, and performed a simulated rape on her on stage. At first you can see the audience clapping, but as he went on with it, you can see the audience even stopping as they became stunned at his behavior.

Yeppers, George Bush isn't the only one giving Americans a bad rep, the actors and singers are doing a bang-up job as well. Of course these men are only reflecting what American men are like (in general), and then the women numbing themselves with drugs, overeating, and alcohol while telling each other to just get over it because that's how men are, and calling each other oversensitive if they don't just accept "how men are" and risk losing their jobs if they report because although some do and win in court, many more get silently eaten by the system and scorned by their "friends" for not accepting the way things are.

Disgusting.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Damn, what a piece of shit.
- Scott
keenobserver

Post by keenobserver »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:
keenobserver wrote:You no doubt have seen it. Actor Richard Gere assaulting and mauling with a hug and kiss an Indian actress there on a live stage. She and her country were so offended that some judge has issued a warrant for his arrest.
You thought that was bad? Try this one of hip-hop star Akon, who (while in Trinidad) invited a 15 year old girl up on stage as part of a dance contest - according to this article promising her a trip to Africa if she won, and performed a simulated rape on her on stage. At first you can see the audience clapping, but as he went on with it, you can see the audience even stopping as they became stunned at his behavior.

Yeppers, George Bush isn't the only one giving Americans a bad rep, the actors and singers are doing a bang-up job as well. Of course these men are only reflecting what American men are like (in general), and then the women numbing themselves with drugs, overeating, and alcohol while telling each other to just get over it because that's how men are, and calling each other oversensitive if they don't just accept "how men are" and risk losing their jobs if they report because although some do and win in court, many more get silently eaten by the system and scorned by their "friends" for not accepting the way things are.

Disgusting.
Im no fan of the "how men are" excuse either.
Men suck because they were born into an upsidedown society, i mean really upsidedown. Men are mostly raised by females in America, so much of the reason men are the way they are is because mothers are the way they are. One way that mothers "are" which has a huge negative effect on the nation and its men is "possessive", regarding children first and foremost as their private property, husbands and their semen simply a means to an end.
But I agree with people who place most of the blame on men for the EXTREMELY MASSIVE MALFUNCTION that the USA is, problem is most all of those stupid men are long dead and burried.
The problem is long standing and deeply rooted, widely disbursed.
Look at it from a foreigners perspective:
"why is it that American men are so feared and disrespected by the family for whom he conceived and constructed their entire world?"
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

the EXTREMELY MASSIVE MALFUNCTION that the USA is
I'm beginning to think that most of your rants are just an attempt to get a rise out of me. I'll leave you alone from now on.
- Scott
Elizabeth Isabelle

keenobserver wrote: "why is it that American men are so feared and disrespected by the family for whom he conceived and constructed their entire world?"
Bingo. He decided how everything was going to go, he set things up so that things would go his way, he did not ask for input because (to quote Dan) "women ask, men decide" and damn it if anyone goes and messes up the man's plan there will be hell to pay.

disclaimer - There are exceptions, of course.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Elizabeth,

It's hard to see you so bitter. I don't see the world the way you're currently seeing it. Sons and daughters look up to their fathers. I can't think of a single person who doesn't respect their dad, as long as the dad wasn't a complete dick.

The gender concepts at this forum ruin people. They are misleading, and when you're misled, they're depressing.

I know you said you'd be okay and to not worry...I'm not...just trying to shine some light where you are.
- Scott
Elizabeth Isabelle

sschaula wrote:The gender concepts at this forum ruin people. They are misleading, and when you're misled, they're depressing.
You're right. One of the reasons I became a regular poster here was to prove that femininity did not equal unintelligence. I ended up with the rebound effect of seeing almost all men as misogynistic, and have had enough experience with assinine men to support that conclusion. The reason I looked up this forum after a several year hiatus (you'll still find some evidence of my ezboard SN on the oldest pages, although my first post to GF - "Is World Peace Possible" was wiped out in the ezboard system hacking) - anyway, the reason I came back was because I was looking to improve my ability to perceive the truth, and I thought that philosophy could help me in that area.

I still value understanding the truth of matters, and I am trying to rebuild the universal love that I lost on this forum, so I appreciate your reminders and challenges of when I slip into the misandristic mindset. Just as there is some truth to the QRS views of femininity, but as Nat points out, the exaggeration and over-generalization is its parting from truth - the same can be said about the polar opposite of masculinity. I trust that you, Scott, have enough fight in you to battle out the difference between the truth that I see about men and the overgeneralizations that might crop up from time to time.

Thank you.
Elizabeth Isabelle

keenobserver wrote:Men suck because they were born into an upsidedown society, i mean really upsidedown. Men are mostly raised by females in America,
You're right, men should have more of a hand in raising children. Studies have even shown that a fatherless household increases the chances of sons turning to a life of crime and daughters become more prone to being loose or otherwise setting aside their own values to gain male attention.

Why is it that if there is a two parent household, and both wanted the children, that if a child is sick or needs something, it is the mother who is expected to take time off her job to meet the needs of the child? There are divorced/widowed fathers who raise their own children, and manage to juggle career and family just like single/divorced/widowed women, so why in a marriage with two working parents can't the father also take an equal hands-on type of responsibility for the children? American men are now entitled to paternity leave the same as women get maternity leave, and although some take advantage of that, there is also often an unofficial backlash for it, if only on the social level. That is not really any different though from the backlash that women get for childrearing - and it has been mentioned here about how employers may look at a female and expect that she will be taking time off for her children, but look at a male and consider that he is going to be a more reliable employee if he has a family to support. Just because nature saddled women with carrying a child the first 40 weeks of its development, and then attached two mild sources to the female for use by offspring does not mean that men are incapable of contribution to child-rearing in modern society - and men should be equally subject to the repercussions of childrearing as women, especially if they wanted the children (and some men actually do want children).
keenobserver

more stupid americans

Post by keenobserver »

I could hardly believe it. I turn the tv ON, to the news, and there before me is some video of some terrorist with a towel wrapped around his head.
I could not understand him, i could not lip read, but if I could, and IF I would...read between the lines, I would hear
"American-muslim loyalists and sympathizers, the time has come to do the dirty deed. If we guess right, American media and politicians will be stupid enough to post my face and message saying its time for violence there. That, of course, is your cue to get to it, if any are so inclined. Be sure to delay a little so that your stupid leaders dont happen to catch on, if that were ever possible!
Blessings to you and god Allah forevermore!"
keenobserver

Post by keenobserver »

TV news:
She just said "the war in Iraq is of all affairs most on the voters mind".
Well I wonder if the fact that the same people who take the survey are the ones who keep telling us over and over about the war, has anything to do with it?
I noticed they keep telling me day after day and week after week about some firing of 8 or some number of state attorneys, that in fact someone was possibly wrong to do so.
Never have they mentioned while i watched what the reasons given were for getting rid of them. But the fact that someone may have done something wrong, and the fact of the whole old-now affair, they keep on telling millions of people who reallly could give two shits about 8 or some such number of state attorneys who lost their jobs. Only eight people really care to know about this every nite for weeks on the news, and that is the mothers of these unfortunate souls.
Still, over and over, probably again tomorrow, we will see polits putting the screws to some guy Gonzales.
So WHY are certain issues high in the mind of the voters???
Well obviously because we are being forcefed whatever someone at the media office WANTS us to obsess about.
?:So, WHAT is uppermost in the minds of the public?
Ans: Whatever, for whatever reason, someone at power at the media or above them WANTS to be uppermost in the publics mind.
What does this say about their polls and such?
Worthless.
Sharly_Li

Post by Sharly_Li »

Sue Hindmarsh wrote:Sharly_Li wrote:
Isn't it more the case that the publics "issues" are also just gossip.

The public don't need to subconsciously "avoid" anything when near 100% of the time their totally unconscious, and clearly just acting on impulse.

-

So where does this impulse come from? What triggers a woman into buying a magazine that features “Becky Cartwrights Tragic Loneliness” on the front cover instead of just buying a motor sports magazine if they are just acting on total unconscious impulse?
DHodges

Gun Giveaway

Post by DHodges »

Jamesh

Re: In the News

Post by Jamesh »

Mary Cheney, the lesbian daughter of Vice President Dick Cheney, became a mother today when she gave birth to a baby

At a New York forum last winter, Mary Cheney said: "This is a baby. This is a blessing from God. It is not a political statement. It is not a prop to be used in a debate by people on either side of an issue. It is my child." But she added that "every piece of remotely responsible research" had shown "no difference between children who are raised by same-sex parents and children raised by opposite-sex parents."

While the "responsible research" may indeed indicate there is no difference, it cannot possibly be true when taken as a sum of all future such same-sex births. As a total set of masculine verus feminine, homosexual relationships are definately more feminine to a degree than hetero relationships. Virtually all male homosexuals have more feminine mindsets than the average male, and while some not-insignifiant number of lesbians are more masculine than the average male, they are still intrinsically feminine in their behaviour. It just all points to a significantly more feminine society down the track, as their kids will be growing up with feministic propaganda.
Katy

Post by Katy »

I have not much relevant to add, but a random story, which is that Mary went to the first college I went to (Colorado College) and her father blames the school for making her into a lesbian.
It just all points to a significantly more feminine society down the track, as their kids will be growing up with feministic propaganda.
You know I really don't see this as a problem because I don't see that many lesbians becoming pregnant (odd, I know...) we're still talking about a very small subset of people in this situation. Plus prior to the last century, both groups would be getting married and having kids in heterosexual marriages but that wouldn't change them as people - if anything, feminism, gay rights and the right to choose whether to get married or have kids will decrease the number of kids being raised in such a manner.
-Katy
keenobserver

Post by keenobserver »

They dont measure it that way, they dont consider things like masc/fem or value of male parent when considering health and welfare of the child, not in the least anymore.
The nation is so deeply steeped in femininity that you simply have no idea how deep it is unless and until you come here and experience it for yourself. Never been topped in the history of the world. We're No 1.
So you dont talk about the kids possibly getting wet when their whole world is water, capishe?

Most all remaining masculinity has long since been directed into the military and fighting/wrestling to a small degree, otherwise restrained in prison and tech jobs.
You've got to be really lucky and wise to slip through the cracks, i dont know anyone else who has done it!

Jamesh wrote:Mary Cheney, the lesbian daughter of Vice President Dick Cheney, became a mother today when she gave birth to a baby

At a New York forum last winter, Mary Cheney said: "This is a baby. This is a blessing from God. It is not a political statement. It is not a prop to be used in a debate by people on either side of an issue. It is my child." But she added that "every piece of remotely responsible research" had shown "no difference between children who are raised by same-sex parents and children raised by opposite-sex parents."

While the "responsible research" may indeed indicate there is no difference, it cannot possibly be true when taken as a sum of all future such same-sex births. As a total set of masculine verus feminine, homosexual relationships are definately more feminine to a degree than hetero relationships. Virtually all male homosexuals have more feminine mindsets than the average male, and while some not-insignifiant number of lesbians are more masculine than the average male, they are still intrinsically feminine in their behaviour. It just all points to a significantly more feminine society down the track, as their kids will be growing up with feministic propaganda.
Last edited by keenobserver on Fri May 25, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shardrol

Re: more stupid americans

Post by Shardrol »

keenobserver wrote:I could hardly believe it. I turn the tv ON, to the news, and there before me is some video of some terrorist with a towel wrapped around his head.
I could not understand him, i could not lip read, but if I could, and IF I would...read between the lines, I would hear
"American-muslim loyalists and sympathizers, the time has come to do the dirty deed. If we guess right, American media and politicians will be stupid enough to post my face and message saying its time for violence there. That, of course, is your cue to get to it, if any are so inclined. Be sure to delay a little so that your stupid leaders dont happen to catch on, if that were ever possible!
Blessings to you and god Allah forevermore!"
This may shed some light on the matter.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

That was pretty funny.
That was pretty funny.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Very Monty Python.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

A pretty good example of the stupidity of adherence to inane religious "laws".

Fatwa promotes adult breastfeeding
Abraham Rabinovich, Jerusalem
May 28, 2007

A RELIGIOUS ruling by an Islamic scholar permitting women to breastfeed adults with whom they work has led to his suspension this month from al-Azhar University in Cairo, the world's leading Sunni university.
Izzat Atiyaa had issued a fatwa, or religious ruling, offering his bold suggestion as a way around the prohibition in Islamic religious law against a woman working in private premises with a man who was not her close relative. Breastfeeding, he argued, would create a familial relationship under Islamic law.

Dr Atiyaa explained to the Egyptian newspaper al-Watani al-Yawm that: "A man and a woman who are alone together are not (necessarily) having sex but this possibility exists and breastfeeding provides a solution to this problem (by) transforming the bestial relationship between two people into a religious relationship based on (religious) duties."

In Islamic tradition, breastfeeding at infancy establishes a degree of familial relationship between nurse and child even if there is no biological relationship.

Dr Atiyaa argued in his fatwa that if an adult male was nursed by a female co-worker it would likewise establish a familial bond that would permit them to work side by side without raising suspicion of illicit sex.

Dr Atiyaa headed al-Azhar University's department dealing with hadith - oral tradition, outside the Koran, attributed to the teachings of the prophet Mohammed. He said he had based his ruling on one such tradition according to which, at the Prophet's order, a man named Salem was breastfed by the wife of another disciple.

"The fact that the hadith regarding the breastfeeding of an adult is inconceivable to the mind does not make it invalid," Dr Atiyaa said, in defending his ruling. "Rejecting it is tantamount to questioning the Prophet's tradition."

Nevertheless, his ruling evoked almost universal rejection among Muslim scholars and in the popular Egyptian press. Al-Azhar University formed a committee of hadith experts, who dismissed his ruling, and the university administration ordered him to publish a retraction. He complied.

However, his apology was deemed insufficient by the head of the al-Azhar Supreme Council, Sheik Muhammed Sayyid Tantawi, a widely respected figure who is the highest spiritual authority in Sunni Islam.

"There is enough chaos with all the unsupervised fatwas (published) on satellite channels," the sheik said. "We will never permit this chaos to spread to the religious establishment and to al-Azhar." Following his remarks, the university decided to suspend Dr Atiyaa, pending further investigation.

The breastfeeding fatwa moved even some conservative Muslims to attempt to draw a line between ancient tradition and modern life.

Sayyid Askar, an Egyptian politician belonging to the Muslim Brotherhood and a former member of the Academy of Islamic Studies, said the hadith regarding Salem was authentic but irrelevant.