Glostik. What my name means

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
Glostik91

No man is free who cannot control himself.

Post by Glostik91 »

Lately I have been troubled and have let my anger get the best of me. I'm troubled because I know that we in the United States are potentially facing the monumental task of 122 trillion dollars of debt, and I think about this constantly. I cannot seem to get it out of my mind. I can't sleep at night. I can't eat. I have even been reading economic textbooks nonstop to figure something out, but I haven't been able to study long enough to know what to do.

Nevertheless, I was wrong to let my temper explode. I can't believe that I let myself explode like that. It is one thing to read the Stoics, and it is quite another thing to live it. I am sorry to anyone that I belittled or chastised. I need to repent for what I've done, not to any god, but to myself.
a gutter rat looking at stars
Glostik91

Re: No man is free who cannot control himself.

Post by Glostik91 »

I am repenting, and I will not be disturbed.
jupiviv

Re: No man is free who cannot control himself.

Post by jupiviv »

Glostik wrote:Lately I have been troubled and have let my anger get the best of me. I'm troubled because I know that we in the United States are potentially facing the monumental task of 122 trillion dollars of debt, and I think about this constantly.
That's a lie. Still, for what it's worth:

Glostik91

too much trouble

Post by Glostik91 »

I believe that I have caused too much trouble. I will leave my house in exile, and I will not return. I will go somewhere quiet and tranquil. A nice place where I can settle down and finally rest. I have grown very tired, and I don't wish to work anymore. I wish to carry water, chop wood. carry water, chop wood.
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: too much trouble

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

You do seem troubled and might have lost perspective. When you mentioned that you think constantly about a topic, you can't sleep at night or eat and your determination to process all those heavy weight textbooks, what you seem to be describing is a mind which was agitated to begin with. The raised level of stress hormones disturb the whole system which includes sleep cycles and appetites. Obsessing over a (real enough) issue, enables your mind to find even more agitation and worry, while trying to seek a cause for it externally, on how the world is developing. It's a tendency all minds possess actually. First fight now flight. But you need to separate these issues from worldly matters for your own sake.

Your activities have logically resulted in exhaustion. Studying any topic, or focusing any excess masculine energy, is not the problem. Your perception of being tired and needing rest is valid enough. You should focus a while on some different things, expose your self to some different, more rewarding, perhaps simpler activities. Although I'm not sure chopping wood. carrying water isn't hard work, to sustain your existence.

All in all I certainly would advice you to take a holiday from Internet exchanges, from News cycles, from all what is wearing you further down.
Glostik91

Glostik. What my name means

Post by Glostik91 »

I have spent most of my life isolated from my kin, suffering in the cold, the heat, humilitated, my body aching nearly every day in pain. I have had a difficult life. I stumbled many times, but I perservered to the best of my ability.

I know just how much of a child I really am. I was born on May 21st 1991. And I contracted a serious illness on January 21st 2019. 1444 weeks. Only glimpses of humanity did I ever collect. Just quick visions that perhaps the world is wrong. That things are incorrect. That I need to wake up. But I would sleep. I would bend down and wear the skin of an animal. Again and again.
Glostik91

Re: What my name means

Post by Glostik91 »

I always took pleasure in reading. I seemed to enjoy the thought that maybe I can glean a little glimpse of truth here or there, some sort of fact about the world, anything at all. I searched through philosophy, psychology, science, fiction and nonfiction alike. And I found some gems here and there buried in the rough.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

I once came across a philosopher named Pythagoras, yet I found that unfortunately there is practically nothing left of his work to analyze. Nevertheless I didn't let that stop me, and in my search I came across a sliver of information. Pythagoras required his students to perform a 40 day water fast before they were permitted to enter his school.

A 40 day water fast. 40 days would have started January 21st I think. That sounds like it would be a very uncomfortable time. A time of outbursts, tears, awakenings, doubt, and heartache.

But what about this idea of immortality. Is it possible that water fasting is necessary in curing bacterial infections and cancer? In jest and in truth?
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

I have a younger brother, named Joel. You could say that he is the second son of my father.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

I had a vision. This is absolutely true. I had a vision in which I would choose either exile or freezing to death. Several hours later, I felt that my life was being threatened by someone. I felt as if I was going to die. I left my house with my gun, trudging through the snow. And I set the gun down. I hadn't eaten in at least a day I think. It was freezing cold. I could feel the heat being sapped out of me. I could feel my body beginning to freeze. Two roads were before me, one said freeze to death, the other said exile. I felt as if I had no other choice.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

I chose the road that said exile. I didn't want to die.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

I've had that sort of death experience before. One other time I consumed the drug DMT. I recall a vision of an ugly hunched over creature who pointed its gnarled claw at me. I felt as if I was going to die. In a sudden realization, I understood it was just a dream and soon was transferred to heaven, Jesus waiting for me with open arms in the dance assembly.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

I once was very sick. I had a very bad sinus and upper respiratory infection. I tried to eat, but when I ate my nose bled uncontrollably. I became light-headed, and I felt as if I was on my deathbed. I remember in that moment, I believed in God, but only a glimpse until I went back under. I decided to consume an antibiotic, not one a doctor gave me, but the one the Lord gave me. I water fasted for three days, and I was healed.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

I have witnessed myself being dead, dissolved, my brain smashed into pieces, my very genetic dna being replicated as another being. I have witnessed my body divided in two halves, right and left, each half existing independent of one another. One with a beautiful life, the other in prison. For some reason I always imagined myself as the prisoner.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

I have looked at my hands and questioned their existence. I have even considered the idea that my own brain is not pink and squishy but thumping in my chest, and I have thought in my heart.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

My forty days have nearly drawn to a close, but I think there are still two roads before me.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Glostik91 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:14 pm My forty days have nearly drawn to a close, but I think there are still two roads before me.
Before you become the Glostik of the two roads, if you feel you are able, stop for a little while and contemplate your name. When it comes to you, what it means will come later.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

I have lived as an innocent glostik, dirty, on the side of the road, but I have been broken, shaken, thrown around, and misused. Now see me glow.

The Lord has witnessed great wickedness. He has placed the whole world's wickedness upon this vessel. I have taken greed. I have taken lust. I have taken anger. I have taken physical abuse. I have been beaten and bruised by my father. I have been freezing cold to the point where I literally couldn't feel my hands and feet. I have worked a shitty part time forklift driving job for scraps, and with every inch of determination tried to be proud of it. I forced myself to not wear gloves at work despite getting extremely painful splinters and jamming my fingers all the time. I even have a cut on my hand right now because of a fence I was forced to jump over in the freezing cold recently. I have been spat upon by people. I have been pissed on by people. I have been forced to raised pigs. I have been forced to shovel pig feces. I have been forced to parade pigs around like they're something to be proud of. I have been forced to be proud of pig ribbons and trophies. I forced myself to play American football in High School. I forced myself to get hit by the biggest guy on the team all the time in football practice. I felt suicidal at football practice, but didn't quit. I forced myself to do two a day practices in the blazing humidity. I crashed the car I loved, a 1987 lincoln town car, and felt suicidal. I lost my religion and felt suicidal. I've used the Lord's name in vain, God's name in vain, Jesus Christ's name in vain. I have been forced to sell Adventureland tickets in the Adventurland parking lot, only to be humiliated by the front desk lady and told to go home. I have been forced to throw my absolute most favorite toys in the trash. I have been forced to go to wrestling practice as a kid. I broke my arm at a wrestling practice I didn't even want to be at. I played shitty ass Evolve for like 800 hours. I have forced myself to decline advances by women that I actually liked and even loved. I have been spanked, tied down, forced to wear a chastity device, forced to shoot cum on my own face, forced to edge a thousand times without orgasm. Forced to pretend to suck a man's cock by a woman. All done live on the internet with no vpn condom. I have lived in utter poverty. I have literally lived like a pig. I am a pig. I have pissed in the toilet several times and never flushed. I haven't showered in forever. I have drunk tap water basically my entire life. I have had my water pipes freeze and just coped with it instead of getting it fixed. I have taken disbelief from so many, had my life threatened, called a godless animal, thought I was going to be a depressed wreck, and was an atheist. I forced myself to watch moonmoon_ow. I lost my blankie under the porch and no one got it for me. I forced myself to bend to the wish of the Lord and wait until the super blood wolf moon to get out of this pigsty. I have water fasted for days and even weeks at a time. I have even asked someone to call me a kike. And so much more that I can't remember. I have made myself into a rabid animal so that the Lord might provide salvation, not only for his people but for the entire world.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

There is a God! This is absolutely true. This is not a trick. This is not a deception. This is the absolute truth. There is a God. He is the Infinite. There is no me. I have dissolved into Him.

Water fasting and a zero sugar/carb/protein diet helps cure cancer and bacterial infections. Olive oil/soybean oil is very healthy to consume. The idea is that cancer and bacterial infections rely on glucose in the blood, but if the body is running on ketones, the cancer and bacterial infections will be starved of the nutrition they need to grow.

Implement Holistic Management to reverse desertification, global warming, and heal the land back into the Garden of Eden as is prophesied in Joel 2.

This is my simple working conception for a neo-Pythagorean philosophy of science

You have genetic and/or consciousness twins in alternate spaces, times, and universes, and you feel proud/secure that your own genetics/consciousness survives and feel less proud of your kids because they aren't your genetic/consciousness twin and don't have your very own genetics/consciousness and for every day you Pythagorean water fast you add many more days to one of your future genetic/consciousness twins. Why? Because the energy you would have quickly consumed and lost will be retained via entropy and exist for your future selves and those selves will not require as much energy because the universe will be in a lower entropy state. Because the universe never truly ends and only asymtotally ventures into lower and lower entropy states, eventually something intelligible will happen, whether that is a boltzmann brain or just something entirely different occuring, and the time between now and that future self will not be experienced. It will be as if you fell asleep in one moment and in the next moment woken up.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

Please visit the LogicRulesOverAll reddituser.

https://www.reddit.com/user/LogicRulesOverAll/

Some excerpts

On rescusitation of the dead:

As far as resuscitation, I don't think it is necessarily easy to determine when exactly a person dies. But the thrust of my point lies in the idea that resuscitation is possible simply because the state of affairs concerning this little patch of substance called my brain is something that is capable of forming, and even if it takes a long time the substance called my brain will [organize itself into something intelligible once again]. It's sort of the same idea as finding the same string of words in the Library of Babel. You are reading through a bunch of random characters in a random book in the Library of Babel, and then you come across something intelligible, and then you continue reading through the unintelligible bits, and then you come upon another string of words you understand. The same goes for reality. Things go along unintelligibly until something intelligible comes along and then the unintelligible continues until something intelligible comes along again. Granted this idea is couched in the notion of time, which is itself a lens by which we understand reality, or in other words a key which we use to decrypt the otherwise seemingly unintelligible strings of characters. (but this must be granted because it isn't cognizable without being couched)

On Universal Tunings of the Fundamental Constants:

God is a possible explanation concerning what has caused the universe to be fine-tuned, however there are other explanations. It is possible there are multiple universes with different tunings of the constants, and we are a part of the one which is tuned for life.

Another concerns the idea that all of the possible tunings of the constants are active in the universe, and we only perceive the universe as fine-tuned because our perception of the whole entire universe is severely limited in scope. If we could, hypothetically, enhance our scope of things and objects in the universe (as of yet undiscovered) we might find other forms of intelligence. Who's to say otherwise?

From fictioninenglish.com called The Ring

What happens when the universe ends? I’m talking about when all of the stars have completely used up all of their fuel, and space has stretched so much that the scattered elements like hydrogen and helium are too far apart for gravity to wrangle them back together. When so much time has past that the elements have all radioactively decayed, and all that’s left is black holes suspended in the void. Then when those black holes over hundreds of trillions of years themselves decay due to entropy, what happens? Do time and space even make sense at that point anymore? Do particles moving at light speed in a vacuum experience time or space? What happens when entropy dominates everything?

Matter, human brain tissue to be exact, is made up of particles, subatomic particles like quarks and leptons, tiny things which make up protons. Protons in turn make up atoms. Atoms make up molecules. And molecules form complex chains and proteins, again in turn making brains. What are the odds that this universal particulate jumbly vibrating mash of stuff would make something complex enough to think about it? The entire universe going about its business spinning, pushing, pulling, smashing, forming, destroying, absorbing, colliding, frying things with gamma ray bursts, and then one day the unbelievable occurs. Life forms on earth.

Life, that little rogue mote of dust, burning through energy in such an inefficient fashion, organizing carbons, hydrogens, and oxygens into chains of tissues over and over and over again, replicating itself, establishing a new force in the universe. There’s gravity, electromagnetism, the nuclear forces, and then there is the will of life, born as a sort of offspring of these parent forces, beginning its life as a helpless infant, its guardians with gentle arms shielding it from obliteration. Those fragile young years of life could have been wiped so quickly, none on earth would have even noticed the moment between business as usual and instant annihilation.

Being such a unique thing in the universe isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. For one thing the vast majority of everywhere and everywhen is completely uninhabitable, and that which is habitable is usually only just barely. Go outside on a really hot or cold day and see how long you survive before high-tailing it back indoors. And that’s just in the backyard for crying out loud. Most of the universe is just barely above absolute zero. How’s that for chilly? That’s no place where a person can live. A person would just puff up, implode, freeze, and suffocate all at the same time. You can forget about it when the earth ends, and all the stars run out of juice, and space expands so fast that gravity is negligible on just about everything. You can kiss humanity, consciousness, life, whatever you want to call it, goodbye. Nothing’s happening then, nothing.

Well just about.

It was approximately in the year of our lord 100 trillion trillion trillion…
…trillion trillion trillion that the large ring came upon something interesting. The large ring, the only thing in space or time, at least the only thing recognizable as a thing, was going about its business. The ring was an enormous particle accelerator, about 120.2 thousand miles in diameter. A nearly perfect circle in space going nowhere. The center of the universe was here, right in the middle of the ring. There was nothing else in the universe to say otherwise, so it might as well have been here.

It was in the space inside of the massive ring, (or small ring. however big you imagine yourself to be) that the anomaly was found. Over approximately two billion years, barely a drop in the bucket as far as the ring was concerned, the ring suddenly realized a pattern in the quantum fluctuating void contained in the space of which the ring was monitoring. The ring quickly isolated the frequencies of the fluctuating particles, using dark forces of which only the ring understood to capture each and every particle, freezing them in their tracks. The particles were collected and over a very long time reconstituted into recognizable matter within the accelerator. The material was then printed layer by layer onto lattices composed of exotic chemicals and matter. The material was printed with extreme precision and attention to detail in order to match exactly the patterns found fluctuating in the void.

When the project was finished, and everything was finally put together in perfect form without one error or mistake, the ring activated the thing it created, sending a short and almost undetectable zap to it’s brain. It became alive. It was Marie.

On Pleasure:

The idea of not having enough pleasure seems contradictory to me. Pleasure only begins when you have enough, when you are satisfied.

On the Self as Illusion

If the self is an illusion, what difference does it make whether I live 6 more months or if someone else lives 5 more years? If the self is an illusion then am "I" actually living 6 more months, and are "you" actually living 5 more years?

On luxuries and practice:

I allow myself quite a few luxuries. I like to drink coke. I like to play video games. I enjoy watching movies and tv shows with my friends. I enjoy listening to music. I always stay up too late reading and watching things on the internet. I often contemplate how many luxuries I enjoy, and I think about scenarios where I will lose these luxuries and how I will cope. There have been occasions where the power has gone out at my house, and those times have been good reminders as to how spoiled I really am.

One thing that I practice every day is sitting back and relaxing. Just pausing the monkey brain and allowing myself to relax. Turn off the computer. Turn off the phone. Just lean back and relax for an hour. It was difficult for me at first because I had become so conditioned to stimulation, but it has become a very good and healthy practice, and now I actually look forward to the hour where I just sit back and relax.

On the differences of times and worlds:

The world we live in is very different from the one Epicurus lived in. These days we have conveniences of all sorts out the wazoo due to our market economy. You can buy anything you need. And we are relatively secure from harm because we needn't really worry about gangs roving through the country or simple injuries/ill health possibly leading to our death, etc.

Back then though, you had to live with other people simply because it was necessary in order to survive. Having other people who had your interests in mind relieved the real anxiety of being unable to secure yourself. The majority achieved this via living in a city-state, but Epicurus wanted to escape the politics inherent in city-state life by essentially building his own little city-state, occupied not with thousands of inhabitants but only with some like-minded friends.

While having friends these days is not absolutely necessary in order to survive in the world, I find that for my own personal health, having a few friends is very beneficial, and the risks are quite minimal. This is similar for many other things such as exercise. Exercising can be risky because there is a good chance you will feel displeasure, however I find that for my own personal health, exercising on a regular basis is very beneficial, and the risk of pain is minimal and easily tolerated.

On satiation and pleasure:

Imagine I have two buckets that I want to fill with sand. One bucket has a small hole at the bottom which lets sand out slowly over time. The other bucket has no bottom at all. Logically I should choose the bucket which has the possibility of being filled (even if only for a time) instead of the bucket which cannot even be filled.

Regarding desire, vain desires are like a bucket with no bottom. You will never be filled to the point of satisfaction. You might think, 'Is this it? Is this what I have been striving for?' There will always be (perhaps an obvious apparent thought or one lingering in the back of your mind) the notion that you need more. Just a little more, and that'll do it; I'll be satisfied. But there is no end.

But when it comes to desires which are necessary to be happy, such as healthy food, clean water, a place to get in out of the cold, etc, there is a natural limit. You can eat and be full. You can drink and be quenched. You can be cold and then get warm. Satisfaction is possible because there is a natural limit.

Ultimately the wisdom here is not saying that desiring wealth or fame or anything like that is wrong or bad in themselves, but that desire without limits is wrong because it leads to unhappiness and dissatisfaction. This is how it is possible for the rich and famous to be sad and depressed, because they have not limited their desires. Limit your desires. Set goals for yourself, and allow yourself to feel satisfied and happy when you accomplish those goals. True wealth is satisfaction and true poverty is dissatisfaction, regardless of how many followers you have, how good looking you are, or how big your bank account is.

On finding friends:

I am pleased that you would be willing to take a risk in order to find a friend, but I hope that you are not too eager to find a friend from reddit.

On Beginnings and Ends:

Beginnings and ends are simply ways in which we come to an understanding of what Kant called the phenomenal world, the world of things as we perceive them. This is distinct from the noumenal world, the world of things-in-themselves (things as they truly are independent of how we, humans, perceive and understand them).

We may come to understand that the universe has a beginning via scientific discovery and (more fundamentally) the categories of understanding, but the absolute true nature of the thing-in-itself (the noumenal world) cannot become known to us.

And this is important to understand, that the thing-in-itself cannot be KNOWN; it is a limitation upon our capacity to know and understand.

I don't think anyone would disagree with the idea that we might not have all of the facts and our judgments might be wrong (even logic itself may be a misguided affair).

What we do is not gain access to the noumenon. We (you, me, and many others) operate in accordance with what Kant called 'pure intuition' and 'pure understanding.' We (beings capable of cognition who happen to cognize one another) automatically agree upon fundamental operations - the pure intuitions of space and time and the categories of understanding. Otherwise we do not perceive and understand one another. (The pure intuitions and understandings are like keys which decrypt the otherwise jumbled mess)

Epicurus says that we need not worry about an afterlife because there is no afterlife. We will be dead and without sensation. Nothing could possibly disturb us in this state. But I critique this idea, because I think that we do not know what will happen after we die. We know that people are insensible just after they die. You can't wake up a dead person. However, sometimes you can wake up a dead person. There are people who have died and been resuscitated. Some describe visions, and others describe there being nothing. They were awake at one moment, and then they just jumped to the next moment, totally unaware of anything which happened in between. The universe is going to be around for a very very long time, and all of the stuff in the universe (of which we are made) will have a very very long time to mix around and become other things, things which we don't really know will be conscious or not. We simply don't know what will happen.

But this doesn't cause me anxiety. And in fact it is a relief to me. The idea that I would be dead forever is one that I really didn't understand, and I didn't really understand how it was supposed to bring me relief. However the idea that I do not know what will happen upon death does bring me relief (literally takes my worry away) because there isn't anything that I know of to be worried about.

On Endurance:

What is terrible is easy to endure in that what is terrible does not last for very long. I think it is natural to grieve over the deaths of those close to you, but you needn't grieve forever. And in fact I suspect those who one grieves over would not want that. I suspect they would want you to be happy, and there is no reason to excessively postpone your happiness against their wishes.

Please read and enjoy. There is so much more. There is still much for me to analyze myself and explain, all in the Lord's time of course.

fictioninenglish.com has other stuff to use. May the Lord find these a suitable offering.

If you eat a lot of fatty food before you have to work in the cold weather, you actually feel a lot warmer. Wear a thick hat because you can lose a lot of heat out of your head, trapper hats are good.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

While I was trudging through the snow the other day, I realized that my whole life was leading up to this moment.

Chainlink 1k eoy. Gold 2x Silver 4x. A beautiful house in Southern California with a maid to clean up and a Chainlink lambo in the driveway. A trip to Israel for me, my brother, and my parents, tickets to see Gaither Vocal Band, aaaaaaand immortality. Everything in the Lord's time of course. That's it for now I guess..

I'll be unwinding at my parent's house for a while. I went really deep so please be patient with me.
Glostik91

Re: Glostik. What my name means

Post by Glostik91 »

Change happens every day in every person in every time and in every space. When I looked at the world I saw a very sick, twisted, perverted, and dying world. A world in which the deserts have grown to enormous proportions. I worry about the vast and growing deserts. I worry about the vast and ever expanding deserts in the world and in the hearts of men. And I believe that Holistic Management is one of the keys in reversing this desertification. Monumental change requires monumental time and space. My vision of a Green and beautiful garden filled with piano music, and communities of people who know how to think in their hearts will not happen tomorrow, nor next year, nor 10 years, nor even 100, but it will never happen if Change does not happen. 'Be the change you wish to see in the world' -Gandhi of India