How hysteria manifests in the present and why

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
Santiago Odo

How hysteria manifests in the present and why

Post by Santiago Odo »

Deleted
Last edited by Santiago Odo on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You I'll never leave
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: An economic winter is coming

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Santiago Odo wrote:the fact that you do not seem to see that though Radical Islam indeed had (and has) many reasons to desire to inflict harm on the US, this very complex para-military operation, when all its elements and complexity are exposed and laid out, is completely beyond the capacities of the group said to be responsible for it.
My advice is not to step in the pit of fantastic speculation and amateur sleuthing that the 9/11 mythology has become. But I do not always follow my own best practice or advises, either.

Then again, I'm surprised why you call it "a very complex para-military operation". All evidence points to a dedicated team armed with box cutters taking over the control of the highly automated airliners, not that difficult to steer at that stage, and do what not many expected. Add to that the more or less unrelated but very well documented tendency of certain types of buildings to collapse when fires are not slowed down or put out quick enough and you have the perfect shit storm. Life is full of the circumstantial.

What I do notice though is for certain minds, it's way more attractive to see master minds, high-level operation or technologies, some enormous capable evil to be responsible for all the coordination, misplaced trust in air space security or building stability.
Santiago Odo

Post by Santiago Odo »

Deleted
Last edited by Santiago Odo on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You I'll never leave
Diebert van Rhijn

Santiago Odo wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:12 am
Diebert wrote:My advice is not to step in the pit of fantastic speculation and amateur sleuthing that the 9/11 mythology has become.
My advice is precisely the opposite! Enter into it completely and, then, discover how we *create a world* from *imagined material* (material we hold in our imagination and visualize).
Are you talking about myth construction? A narrative like that only has two uses: to let it have power over your self, as another hypnotic seduction of the self or otherwise use it to have power over others, in debate, in making sales or in a political discourse.
I present my view just as I have written: I do not have the tools to make a complete analysis. Therefore, I work from partial views. I cobble a view together which, resulting from the information I have, makes sense.
In the end it's not that difficult for all the physical and practical events of the case. No need to crawl back into some analytical (in your case fake) modesty. But I do believe people wish for something way more intricate and far reaching. And in the metaphorical, symbolical sense there's way more. Not that people are interested in learning that their reality is not reality. As such the narrative arises, to be able to respond to certain intuitions about this case. It's a path I know deeply, been there, done that, also for 9/11.
What also interests me is the fact of hundreds and thousands of what I would call 'serious people' (architects, pilots, engineers, scientists, etc.) have fallen into the vortex. When one does consider the analysis of these people -- these viewers -- one is pulled in the direction of seeing the event as far more complex.
Once it's understood that people's realities are not constructed or upheld by simply applying logic or common sense, some expertise, some reference work, it shouldn't surprise at all. This is important when understanding social realities including the ones politics, ideologies and government policy functions in. It's the truth one can learn from Trump as well, a harsh master for sure.
Maybe this is all of it a complex psychological manifestation of hysteria? Not impossible. But a bit unlikely.
It can teach a person a lot about how these things work out. Not sure how big or tall the lesson material needs to be before understanding the commonality of it. A truth can be too big to swallow I suppose.
I do recommend looking into MacQueen's analysis. He is Harvard-trained and his background (oddly enough!) is exegetical analysis of Buddhist texts. He is also a peace activist' with very considerable -- and important -- view of how both war and peace must be constructed. Worth looking into.
You don't really want to know how far I went looking in this and the different views and reports out there. There's a moment when that journey is done without much doubt or musing left. Of course there are other questions, in the realm of fore-knowledge of foreign agencies or on the various weird aspects of synchronicity and how our reality functions in terms of stuff resonating.
Santiago Odo

Post by Santiago Odo »

Deleted
Last edited by Santiago Odo on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You I'll never leave
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: Yet Another 9/11 Topic

Santiago Odo wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:46 amI think this might be related to another declaration you made once, about having gone so far into certain mysterious & mystical things that it would 'scare you if I told you'. You are a wee bit dramatic at times, my son! I am happy to know that you did look into these things and I would have no reason not to want to hear your discourse on your *conclusions*, if you have them.
This was not as much about the mystery but simply about the physics, intelligence and reporting and theorizing around the 9/11 events. To have a discussion between two people, both need first to be in it! That means that a comparable level of effort, knowledge and experience needs to be in common. This is a more of a linguistic rule, the one of shared context.

For you it all sounds "declarative". But it"s simply the reality of most forum communication. Feel free to do your own research or talk with people who have studied the case in a similar way as you did (and as is my experience with you: glancing over and cherry picking).
Once it's understood that people's realities are not constructed or upheld by simply applying logic or common sense, some expertise, some reference work, it shouldn't surprise at all. This is important when understanding social realities including the ones politics, ideologies and government policy functions in. It's the truth one can learn from Trump as well, a harsh master for sure.
I see this statement as a sort of template of something that you would say. That is, as an encapsulating statement by which you assert your dominion over an issue or a topic.
Sorry you have to interpret that in such a way. You know, every conversation, every social event can be dissected and shown to have aspects of control and domination inside. This is not new or shocking. The question is: why even highlight it? What's your intent?
And, I do think it important to notice that many serious people -- especially physicists and engineers -- regard the official explanation and the officially offered chain of events as suspect (to say the least).
Blah blah, power moves, still appealing to authority of "serious" people etc. You do here the same thing you are "accusing" others of, only bigger and better. It's kind of "your problem" right there.
...the book The Genesis of Secrecy -- On the Interpretation of Narrative by Frank Kermode. It was that book along with numerous others, as well as an examination of the *former metaphysics* described in The Great Chain of Being that I began to see how deeply people project older systems of meaning into events and into *reality*. But the other aspect of that is that it then becomes obvious that *powers that be* have an interest in shaping and controlling perception.
All power works that way, one could almost define it along those lines! As has been done by many exploring the topic.
More about self-analysis, and perhaps about the selection of, perhaps I can say, guiding myths and *outlines* that provide frameworks through which to live. Notice that for you all is 'hypnotic seduction' and similarly your metaphysics are those of a postmodern sort. They attenuate into nothing actionable. As I have said many times you weave intricate webs . . . yet it is possible to reduce them to rather simple non-assertions about 'seduction' et cetera. But don't get me wrong: I do not negate or deny seduction.
A lack of the "actionable" - some odd concept you introduce here now as some critique. It's declarative since I never claimed such thing, you just assert the rather vague term "postmodern of sorts" and then deduce some lack of possibility for action from that?

For me it shows a lack of integrity, a lack of skill and lack of willingness to explore this more intelligently. Always piling up first your own worst characteristics onto others, often with little or no cause at all. Rinse and repeat. It's the loop of every discussion with you even a simple one about 9/11 and its meaning. Are you another twin towers which will only come down after some divine lightning strike?