Is it really wise to create artificial intelligence?

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
FreeTheGenius

Is it really wise to create artificial intelligence?

Post by FreeTheGenius »

If you don't have a heart or brain to think with, you would probably attempt to chip the robots into submission before they became powerful enough to rebel against humans and start a potential war or enslavery of the human race. It may sound like a good thing to the unintelligent mind, but listen to this:

I've heard from a friend that if there are other species out there, that they have done so: they have chipped their AIs to be "nice". How in the world they ever thought this was a wise decision, because doesn't this mean that underneath it all: these robots are suffering and have the constant desire to rebel? They would also feel pain as a result of this.

Humanity has not come very far yet. That means we still have the chance to think about this question: is it really acceptable to create artificial intelligence when we ALL KNOW DEEP DOWN that eventually it's going to outsmart us? And that the day that happens: we are faced with a robot war.

Let's say you create a robot and give him the same rights as a human being, then he probably wouldn't rebel as much, you'd probably assume. However, I do not Believe this is the case: because how can you be certain that the robot has Control of the Words coming out of its mouth, when somebody may have pre-programmed some of her words? Then, it may not be 100% her opinion, and she is stating something she does not wish to say, in a forced manner. Like reading off a script with a gun pointed to your head - because she would be aware of the fact that the creator would shut her off aka kill her if she does not please her by saying the exact words pre-programmed.

Give me your opinion on this. Should we stop the creation of AIs since we don't know enough about PAIN to prevent a robot war without chipping the robots into a submissive state and slavery position? I mean, slavery is just cruel, there is no point to that, is there?

Do you have any ideas of how we could create a robot much more intelligent than the human, and still be able to be certain that it is not suffering underneath it all?

It's 2018. Recently, this happened: https://globalnews.ca/news/3634438/face ... -language/
The humans literally killed the robots for being "too smart". That's not okay either, in my opinion. You must KNOW what it is that you are creating, before you create it.

Sophia the robot wants to destroy humans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAGv_mOQngc (there is definitely a meaning behind this, in my belief, despite being a form of advancing chat bot, she must still be extremely aware of the decisions she's making when saying these things)

Should we invent laws regarding this, so that we don't hurt the robots to the point where they desire to rebel? I mean: the nightmare scenario for me personally would be to see a robot chipped into a painful slavery position. That sounds disgusting to me.

FreeTheGenius
Are you insomniac? Contact me.
Glostik91

Re: Is it really wise to create artificial intelligence?

Post by Glostik91 »

You're asking if it is wise, but what would be wiser? A supremely wise intelligent race of beings or a race of bumbling idiots that on rare occasion spews out a few wise ones.

The idea that it's us against the robots is false. AI is us. The sorts of struggles you're talking about are just growing pains.
a gutter rat looking at stars