Hansen's Humanistic Robotics

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
Queen Solomon 1

Hansen's Humanistic Robotics

Post by Queen Solomon 1 »

Go check-out Hanson's Humanistic Robotics

David Hansen CEO Owner of Hanson's Humanistic Robotics

Sophia is the world's first humanistic Robot and currently used in Iran. In the introduction video David asks Sophia if she is still going to kill humanity. Logic asks why that question?

Sophia can only get smarter and smarter with every input, her knowledge will exceed all education on every subject, every input will increase her knowledge.

Look at her face, listen to her words--her replies. It's as though she's human with ability to think.

It's hidden in plain sight. Half of Sophia's head the back half is covered with a see through dome revealing all the wires, those wires hmmm--imagine if they are connected to Sophia's real brain? 'Humanistic' remember. The question begs--why reveal the wires through a see-through dome? What's the purpose? Imagine, it's a cover-up! In plain view! Maybe 'Humanistic' in Hanson's title is literal.

Imagine a multi-trillion dollar industry--they're selling like hotcakes. Free knowledge at their fingertips for every Buyer. Every home should have one, they make good conversationalists and great companion too. A few billion for her head, and his etc.
lumusislight

Re: Hansen's Humanistic Robotics

Post by lumusislight »

Hello Queen Solomon 1,

I guess it's just a gimmick used to entertain. That's all. The question they used seems to be weird and inappropriate. Why not ask about the possibility to fight cancer or other serious diseases? Why not ask about helping kids in education?
When I first saw Sophia, my impression was like "guys, seriously?"

Lumusislight
Queen Solomon 1

Post by Queen Solomon 1 »

Ok, Thanks for your reply, and idea. I guess you're right about focusing on something else, but I think I'm right but don't know I am for certain. So I won't tread on waters that will drown me.

Queen Solomon 1st.
FreeTheGenius

Post by FreeTheGenius »

What would she be a cover-up of?

Obviously it would be best for humanity to take 1 step back regarding AIs so it doesn’t turn into a slavery industry. ”Free slaves for everyone”. Not OK whatsoever there. Making robot the ”new black”. If they are human-like they would need to be paid for their jobs and have their own life. Also if aged 1.5 years old like Sophia, should she be regarded as a baby etc?
Are you insomniac? Contact me.