Help Calculating Probability of Mathematical Phenomenon

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
nathan9482

Help Calculating Probability of Mathematical Phenomenon

Post by nathan9482 »

24 654 373 382 383 282 200 248 670 271 001 073 711 474 273 373 887 593 170 697 235 748 585 450 820
184 894 016 862 552 064 000

Using the gematria calculator found on google under gematrix to calculate simple gematria of words in todays date and my name and using the formula

(simple gematria of word) X (word itself in number sequence of simple gematria) X ( next word simple gematria) X (next word itself in number sequence of simple gematria)

example >>>> 76 X (52411316125)

notice E = 5 X = 24 A = 1 M = 13 P = 16 L = 12 E = 5
5 + 24 + 1 + 13 + 16 + 12 + 5 = 76 then just multiply it by 52411316125 using the calculator defuse on google under huge number calculator

so the huge number above was derived by doing this with todays date and my name :

July Fourth Two Thousand Thirteen Nathaniel Ryan Hersperger
24 654 373 382 383 282 200 248 670 271 001 073 711 474 273 373 887 593 170 697 235 748 585 450 820
184 894 016 862 552 064 000

82 200 248 this sequence is found notice 822002 <<< 8/2/2002 and 200248 flipped 8/4/2002

then using the calculator found on google under date/time calculator

From and including: Saturday, September 4, 1982 (my date of birth)
To, but not including Friday, August 2, 2002
Result: 7272 days

From and including: Saturday, September 4, 1982
To, but not including Sunday, August 4, 2002
Result: 7274 days

82 200 248 670 27

8/2/2002 is 7272 days from my date of birth

8/4/2002 is 7274 days from my date of birth

then 67027 flipped 7276 follows it directly

then expanding the number out you see below

82 383 282 200 248 670 27

8/23/83 + 2 = 8/23/85 my brothers date of birth
and the 38328 flipped is 8/23/83 + 2 = 8/23/85 his date of birth again

then looking at the end of the number the 7027 702 is Las Vegas Area code where I live and 027 flip 720 is Denver Area code where he lives and the 670 = Nathaniel Ryan Hersperger September Fourth Nineteen Eighty Two and the 7027 <<< 727 = Tyler Samuel Hersperger August Twenty Third Nineteen Eighty Five

Questions or answers to calculating the probability to this please let me know.
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: Help Calculating Probability of Mathematical Phenomenon

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Nathan, your understanding of mathematical probability is not mature at all. What you're doing is closer to a compulsive disorder, a form of tickling your brain. You should adjust your medication, stop these never ending number games or let your brain deteriorate further. It's up to you, man!
nathan9482

Post by nathan9482 »

Unfortunately to break it to you this particular pattern in a FINITE pattern in that it has oh lets say 95 digits if I counted correctly in the number string EINSTEIN LOL, that is far less than an infinite string. Try to refute me again using what I just said LOL Hilarious.
nathan9482

Post by nathan9482 »

By the way the population of interest occurs within the first 23 digits of the string, again not INFINITE lol
Tenver-

Post by Tenver- »

Maybe trying going to a math forum with this, hmm? Somewhere where people are just waiting to pick apart all the possibilities. You kinda have to get lucky and hope someone knows his/her math well to get it answered here.

Surely, there are a number of finite possibilities within the frame you're looking at and no infinite concepts (you're using the alphabet, days, years etc.), but I honestly think you'd be better off unloading this on some math forum where all the people who delight at this stuff hangs out. Personally, I'm too weak in math to have anything to add in that fashion. I would say it's possible to calculate if you know how. Try some math or statistics forum, eh, dude? :)

You just need someone who knows how to calculate all the probabilities together :o.

Looking over it again, the only integer you would have to define a range for would be years. Like from year 0 to year what? etc. The rest are already defined in their limits. Days in each month, Alphabet and possible name creations (what names do you pick from? Xqeqweqwe a legal name or a list of names?). US Zip codes, look it up, already a defined set of possibilities. Year you would have to define a limit to, like from year 0 to year infinite (which it can't be obviously) or to year 3000 or current year (probably easiest)?

So like the chances of us two picking the same letter out of the alphabet is 1/26 times 1/26 I would say (may be wrong, I don't know much maths). The chances of our names starting with the same letter and picking the same letter in the alphabet would be 1/26 times 1/26 times 1/26. So to calculate what you want, you'd have to define the set and what possibilities are within the set and then calculate f.ex. what the chances are of some defined value of each set being present.

It will be big number and you'll have to define the set for f.ex. what possible name combinations are there? us zip code list, I presume? What years are in the set for years (to current year would probably a simple and easy way to go)? Dates in months are already defined. So yea... good luck... you might have better luck if you take it to some math forum, I'd say :).

On further thought, maybe you could do it by multiplicating each set of values together just in a simple form. Then you'd get the amount of possibilities at least if which yours is one and your brothers is another one. Can't remember what you were asking lol. It would probably be simpler and more helpful for you to manage if you break it down step-by-step and set of possibilities by set of possibilities. Like in each set, the defined value excludes all other values and so you can get what sets of possibilities there are. Like if you're name is Bob, you could be born in both 1950 and 1960, but if your name is Bob, it cannot be Peter, and likewise if you're born in 1950, you cannot be born in 1960. So these exclusions and a defined value in a specific set of possibilities create what sets there are. If each set then has a defined number of possibilities. Then for any specific string of values to occur, like Bob, 31th May, 1950, New York and what else you had, you could see what the chance of that happening was.

If you're going to define names out from alphabet and not from a defined list of possible names, then you'd have to set a limit to the length of the name (assuming 1 letter is the minimum length and the maximum length would also have to be finite and defined). If you're pulling the names from some list, then the letters of the alphabet become irrelevant as you have already defined the possible names, not out from the letters of the alphabet, but from a list. F.ex. if you assume names can be any letters in the alphabet in any order from length 1 to 30 then you could get a name that was like QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ which wouldn't make much sense and not be a real name anywhere, but it would use the letters of the alphabet (and assign a numerical placeholder value to each, in essence a number corresponding to each possibility) and you would for all possible combinations of the alphabet (but they wouldn't necessarily be names anywhere in world, like noone at all in the world ever has perhaps been called XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) create a possibility in your "name set".
nathan9482

Post by nathan9482 »

No you are over thinking it.........I was asking for the probability using that specific number string ONLY which contains 95 digits that is derived using ONLY that formula described and only that phrase which was yesterdays date and my name.

If I were to guess the probability of 2 dates being back to back like that in reverse order from the distance in days of 4 and 2 respectively of the first 2 days being astronomically high. Its like pick a number between 1 and 10,000 then pick another between 1 and 10,000 and come within 2 then pick another number between 1 and 10,000 and come within 4. Its something like that in terms of rarity but I would imagine it to obviously be much rarer than that due to a number of factors that we can discuss if you are interested.

You clearly do seem interested.....I have been working on this for over a year and have some things that you might find more Ironic than the example provided. If interested let me know.
Tenver-

Post by Tenver- »

Well, okay, right.

I'm not sure what a gematria is, but if you want to calculate the probability of anything, as you probably know, you have to define the set and each possibility within each set.

That's only logical way to calculate the chance of some occurence happening within a defined set of possible occurences.

Anything else is not math or logic as such, and would not fall under statistics imo.

Maybe what you would be doing then is making a method for proving something, but what would that be that you would be proving? By following a series of logical steps in relation to some symbols (names, dates etc. and the gematria representation of those (gematria taken from quick look on Wiki) what would it prove?

You would be able to calculate the possibilities of something if you define the set of possibilities and if you do not, then you won't be able to calculate the possibilities. If you do that, then you are only calculating the probability of that occurence. If you are describing a method for reaching a logical conclusion, then it is not probability or statistics as such in my opinion, and you wouldn't neither be able to calculate the probability of undefined possibilities (that may or may not exist) or claim or use it for a statistical representation.

Either you would be calculating probability of a set or you would be proving a method for reaching a logical conclusion. If none of that in this context, then it seems not to be much else than mingering around with words and numbers without reaching a meaningful sense.

You can calculate the probability, but you must be willing to define the possibilities before you can get that long if you are looking a statistical answer :).
nathan9482

Post by nathan9482 »

Right that's what I just said, I limited the possibilities to only the words in the phrase and only that method of calculating them which gives you ONLY 1 number that is 95 digits long as shown. Using only that number how would you determine the probability of those digits working out that way in That specific number using that specific method to derive it. Obviously it is a unique scenario that possibly would be debatable as to how to calculate the probability of that occurring.

And to answer your question to what it would be proving that could prove that this is a designed reality we are living in if the probability is astronomically high of it occurring through random chance.

Sure when you don't understand ANYTHING, at first it does not make much sense, just like if Thomas Edison were trying to explain his invention of the light bulb at first it would of made no sense to you. Having only worked on this a year I am still new at this also but vastly more understanding of the concept than someone who has glanced at it for 5 minutes. So don't feel bad you didn't get the concept you are very advanced to be obviously picking up on it to the level you are so fast.

And as far as my question, I didn't notice an answer, would you be interested in seeing another example?
Tenver-

Post by Tenver- »

Okay, I've looked through it now and tried following the argument and numbers in OP.

In the end, you will have to define a set of possibilities to calculate a probability. There's no way around it. You have to define what other possible strings there are to exclude one of the strings from the set. If there's only a cat, what are the possible options? Only 1, a cat.

The method of using specific maneveurs of manipulating numbers around you would have to define in logical steps for them to able to be reproduced for other strings. Then you would not be using statistics though as such, but more a logical way in which everything must be well defined or else you may risk coming up with an "empty" integer.

There's no way around it.

F.ex. you have to make sure everyone included in the possible strings have a brother whose name can be used in the same way your brother's is otherwise you will a null integer and the method falls to pieces until and only if that is resolved. You can't mix it; either you must define a logical step by step that can be reproduced by others or you must define a set of possibilities if you wish to calculate probabilities of one of those happening. In my opinion at least :). Maybe someone more keen at math can chip in?

You're breaking logical steps though in my opinion if you're aren't using symbols for your logic and these symbols are defined in some manner and you cannot calculate probability if you do not define the set of possibilities, whatever they are and origin from, imho :).

You know, like if your string is one string, then are there any other possible strings and what would they be, f.ex.

I'd love to look at another of anything :) (^^).
nathan9482

Post by nathan9482 »

Of course with unlimited possibilities that 95 digit sequence would come up unlimited times but what is the probability of it coming up is the question I guess using 2 finite things the day it was when calculated and my name two very finite possibilities. Obviously out of all the days I was alive I highly doubt that exact 95 digits sequence would ever come up again.
nathan9482

Post by nathan9482 »

Do you have an email we can communicate further through ?
Tenver-

Post by Tenver- »

Well, that's a start :). Just saying you gotta define the things which you calculate probabilities for if you are going to get an actual number out of it.

"out of all the days I was alive" is one start. I don't know how the sequence works for the gematri thing though, so that would probably also have to be taken into account, how the formula manipulates letters and which numbers are more likely to appear or combinations of numbers. Also what occurence is deemed a fit and not a fit, f.ex. does one number differentiating in the whole sequence mean that its not a fit or only certain numbers must not differ?

After having considered it a bit, I think you would probably more be looking for a philosophical answer and not a mathematical one. The mathematical one will just assume a lot of defined entities and see what the possibilities are of those and if any possibilities are more likely to occur than others out from a pure mathematical representation and so you will not see anything but a number that is hard to connect to something actual. That number would have to be taken in mind together with all the rules that govern the calculation. If you have defined the possibilities and the rules that govern the possibilities (like exclusion), then you can calculate it. If you haven't, then I would believe that you can't because you will be missing an entity to connect a possibility to.

A philosophical answer would more be like If X is Y then A is B. Not sure what you would put into there though, but it would probably have more meaning than an absurd small number and a list of methods and rules (together with simple data definitions) on how the number was acquired.

I'm not sure I can add much more and I don't know anything about that gematri thing or what it was, so not sure an email would that beneficial :).

Just to add, if you are going to get a number there can't be any lose ends in the definition of the objects used and it will all be finite. Any infinite definition will destroy the whole calculation at once, so you have to provide finite definitions of all the possibilities for whatever formula you would use. Any way in which the formula receives an infinite (or really a set of values not completely defined like the year 0 to ??, which would destroy it immidiately, would make the formula incomplete and no number could be used to describe it). Like how many days are there from day 1 since our calendar and forever forward? It's inconcrete and no number could be attached to it and so it could not enter into a mathematical formula without destroying the formula and all parts to which it is connected and produce notably on our calculators an "error" mark.

If you enter the phenomena into a statistical sense, there has to be some possible data which a statistical response could produced upon.
nathan9482

Post by nathan9482 »

You sound pretty intelligent, :))))

I agree with you in a sense that it is hard to define set limitations but if you look at the entire population as the entire 95 digit string and the entire sample of the population as the numbers I set aside its not very big at all its only 13 digits out of the 95 digits. Obviously the variable 1 would be the total possible days that I could have calculated the sequence which would be the number of days that I have been calculating sequences similar to this which is only for the last say 3 months give or take a few days, obviously I don't always calculate sequences using the day that I am calculating it, which would greatly limit this to simply the days that I have done the exact day that I am referring to and actually I never crossed the exact day I was calculating with my name other than that day. But even if you limit it to the 90 days that I have been using this exact formula it is a small amount of days in comparison to all of history.

Now as far as the second variable would be the word name or phrase you are crossing it with in this case was my name. So considering what I stated only 1 day in history of my life I crossed my name with the current day using this exact method. So the total outcomes are very low, only 1. Now looking at that number sequence, let me ask you this, In your opinion if you had a random number generator, how many numbers would you have to generate to come to a sequence exactly like this?
Also, what is the probability of 13 numbers working out similarly to this closest to 1 in A ) 1,000 B) 10,000 C) 100,000 D) 100,000,000 E) 100,000,000 X 10^27

In any event do you see how extremely unlikely it is for me to have found that pattern of days ?
How many DAYS would you have to cross reference your name using the exact method described to come up with a pattern that is easily signifying the number of days to your birth 3 times in a row within 2 digits of the previous within a 13 digits number sequence ?
Tenver-

Post by Tenver- »

I don't know. :)

Sorry, that's an easy answer but it's the only one I can give.

I'm not sure how the gematria produces numbers out of letters, but presumably it works from a defined system and is not a truly random number generator. In any case, it's general properties are defined (such as possible conversions from a letter to numbers and length of number series) and as such has a limited possible answers.

I mean, you could find out and there is a probability of it happening, since the geomatria there can generate more than 1 alternative, but you would have to define what creates that probability and why and then subsidize the formula with data.

There is certainly a probability, but it might be a rather burdensome job to figure out what it is and since you use data outside the gematria's own system of operation, you would need to independently define the possibilities and conditions of those things. I would say that creator of the gematria code or just a statistican who were given the data, could tell you rather quickly what the possible outcomes are from that program. Then you would have to have your independent system where you define different possibilities and assign them to a class. F.ex. a statistican could probably tell you given the information on how the gematria operates what the likelihoods are that the 8th number will be 5 f.ex. given all the possibilities and without favoring user statistics and what are most produced, but just from raw theory. That in itself then will not mean more than that, but if you attach a day of month to that f.ex. 5th of August, then you have an already defined set of values (our calendar) and you will have to take in all the other possible accounts on which your system is built (f.ex. that the 8th number relates to the month of August - the value of the 8th number relates to the day in the month) which would be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on up to 9 (to keep it simpler now), which would mean 10 possibilities (I'm not sure what you would do with the number 0 produced, maybe you could shift the dates to be +1) and so the chance that a specific number appears on the 8th place on a specific data of August would be whatever possibility that that number has of occuring in the first place times 1/10 for 10 possible dates that could could choose.

F.ex. the chance that 3 occurs on the 8th number on the 9th of August would be the chance from the system of gematria that 3 appears on the 8th number times 1/10 different dates. That is in itself flawed, I'm getting the sense, but if you defined before each day in August what number would appear in 8th place on a specific date, then you would have that probably of getting it there.

A big system like incorporating possible names, dates of birth, zip codes, requiring a brother or sibling (or you could skip that of course if you define the system without it), days lived and so on would create a massive system that would produce a very small number for any possible prediction. Just because there would be so many variables that to predict that John Old born that date in that zip code having that sibling with that name and that date of birth would generate that specific string of gematria code would be very unlikely assuming the gematria works by somewhat unrecognizeable patterns to the human mind and that all possibilities were defined and that it would not be a simple thing you could do in your head by simple rules (the gematria probably has complex rules or artificially makes easy recognition harder by using large numbers in its operation). The reason for this is that there are simply so many possibilities and one of them must be chosen.

Its like guessing the lottery numbers. You have to play a lot of combinations to be sure of winning just because there are so very many possibilities. One possibility must be chosen though and one guess of a possibility (assuming guesses on all possibilities are made) will be correct.

The other part of it would be the philosophical part of it that because this string has appeared under these conditions that means that A is B. What A and B is I don't know. That has not to do with the mathematical part though and would deal with hypothesises, argument and evidence (which the evidence in this case would be that string having appeared under those conditions that you describe). :)

Sorry for the wall of text :p :).

The mathematical part is in the end a raw number deal while the philosophical part would attempt to build a hypothesis based on certain events happening (whatever they are).
nathan9482

Post by nathan9482 »

Like I said you are into this less than an hour whereas I have been doing this for over a year now so you seem very confused of course..........which is completely understandable......its like if you had no idea how to add and subtract and you walked into a advanced algebra class when you never completed the 3rd grade you would have no idea what you were doing.

Example 2 here you go check this out.........

C O I N C I D E N C E
3 15 9 14 3 9 4 5 14 3 5

notice if you combine the number they form the number 31,591,439,451,435
all calculations in simple gematria which adds the positions of the letters in the alphabet together.

Thirty One Trillion = 243 = Sheri Lynn Hersperger (my mothers name when she had me)
100 34 109

Five Hundred Ninety = 203 = Sheri Lynn Talarico (my mothers maiden name)
42 74 87

One Billion Four = 167 = Sheri Lynn Clair (my mothers current name)
34 73 60

Hundred Thirty Nine Million Four = 360 = One Thousand Nine Hundred Fifty Nine (the year she was born)
74 100 42 84 60

Hundred Fifty = 140 = Pittsburgh (the major city she was born in and had me in)
74 66

One Thousand Four Hundred Thirty Five = 412 (Pittsburgh Area Code)
34 102 60 74 100 42

Now see if you can match anyone you know even remotely as close to this using any combination of the word totals and any of their information and you will find out how ridiculously rare this is.

random fact 1 : fact that I came up with this out of the billions of people on the planet
random fact 2 : fact that the word coincidence is used out of the millions of words
random fact 3 : fact that she has 3 versions of her name and all appear in first 9 words total
random fact 4 : fact the 35 at end flipped is 5/3 her dob and also her age in year 2012 when I came up with this
random fact 5 : fact that 1951 + 8 = 1959 and the 3 in the 35 is 8 digits from the 1951

C O I N C I D E N C E
3 15 9 14 3 9 4 5 14 3 5 notice the CE at the end is 35 flipped 5/3

and notice the OIN 1591 flipped 1951 + 8 = 1959 year she was born and the 1 is 8 digits from the 3

Any questions on this feel free to ask.
Tenver-

Post by Tenver- »

Well, it is interesting surely, with it being that simple forms of combination and the propensity with which small numbers come up and their shared commonhood in the gematria production. I'm glad you said how it worked, it is interesting indeed :).

My guestimate (ie. something I might as well have pulled out of my behind) would be that if you're cherry-picking information and connections you are likely to see all the things where something fits and not all the possibilities where they don't fit, and since many of the words will fall into the same digit ranges it would not be all that rare that a connection to different things could be made. For every method you see a fit, you should remember to consider all the possibilities in which that thing wouldn't fit.

I'm glad I have seen this, learn something new every day :p. I wouldn't think it would be that rare if you are cherry-picking all the things where you could make (even a slight) connection because the numbers tend to fall in the same ranges I would guess (ie. there's no artificial formula to generate more distinguished and spread numbers) and you would see all the times that something fits and not all the times where it doesn't.
nathan9482

Post by nathan9482 »

Right the common answer to every coincidence is oh "that's just a coincidence".........but is it REALLY is the question at hand.

Its the easy way out so to speak if you ask me to just assume everything is just a random coincidence but if you thoroughly look at that number patter you would see that the combination I formed is a huge number, much larger than any social security number and its not just using random things its using very specific general information assigned to her such as all 3 versions of her name, her year born, and her city born in and the area code assigned to that city. The number sequence of the combination found is as follows 243, 203,167,360,140,412 notice this is a 1 in a QUINTILLION possibility of this number combination appearing. When you combine the fact that her dob is formulated in the sequence then the odds are even more unlikely obviously. Now as far as other words having similar combinations you can look in the dictionary and try to find one similar to this word but I would be stunned if you could find any word with the exact number combination as the word coincidence because that would be impossible. But the word COIN matches the first part of it yes.
The word Coincide does as well. Again try to match someone you know using any possible matches or combinations you can think of including yourself and you would see how difficult this would be to even come close to a perfect match.
Last edited by nathan9482 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tenver-

Post by Tenver- »

I'm only saying that it is a possibility and you have to take into account all the other possibilities to get a clearer and fuller view of the picture.

What it would be connected to is up to the observer, but it would be bound in philosophy outside of the purely mathematical functions. This again is up to the interpretation of the observer and would ideally for man rest on laws of logic.
nathan9482

Post by nathan9482 »

I think it would be highly unlikely to find anyone that matches this precisely in this format. Sure there may be other matches but but it would be even more highly unlikely for their sons to have found the match leading me to believe this is a virtual reality we are living in and this one simple example if analyzed by mathematicians could literally prove this. The simple fact of the matter is the first 9 words of the number match all formats of her name which is 9 digits, which alone is a 1 in a billion probability of that number matching anyone else on the planet. When you take into account the fact that only a small portion of the planet have 3 versions of their name such as she does this eliminates a majority of the planet as potential matches already. If you really break it down there are a lot of combinations but not a lot that would work out to match peoples names such as this. The only real way to know for sure would be to test this but it would take a test sample of about 10, 000 people to properly compare results to be certain that in fact this is not just a random " coincidence."

Here are 2 more examples for you to anazlyze:

Intelligence Nathaniel Ryan Hersperger
13 381 130 009 048 011 298 362 585 714 089 843 027 041 200 885 033 409 260 800

Notice the 1 130 009 048 011 298 362

1130 + 0 = 1130 = Nathaniel Ryan Hersperger September Fourth Nineteen Eighty Two One Five Nine Six Eight Three Three Zero Seven

9/4/81 + 1 = 9/4/82

1298 + 2 = 1296 = Nathaniel Ryan Hersperger September Fourth One Thousand Nine Hundred Eighty Two One Five Nine Six Eight Three Three Zero Seven

362 + 3 = 365

Jackpot Nathaniel Ryan Hersperger

9 799 912 247 687 571 028 108 584 404 055 454 346 989 014 009 200 640

notice the end : 989 014 009 200 64

if you flip this you get 46002900410989

and notice 460 = One Five Nine Six Eight Three Three Zero Seven

and the 900410989 >>> 9/4/1989 is my 7th birthday and notice that the 9 starts on the 7th digit from the end of the sequence