You know who I really dislike? Feminists.

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
Orenholt

You know who I really dislike? Feminists.

Post by Orenholt »

Ok so I have done a thread debating the validity of the "masculine" and "feminine" labels.
Well, just to show that I am not blind to the idiocy of many women here is a thread about the things that I dislike about feminists.

Yes, there are some men who are feminists but they are equally as silly and unthinking as the female feminists. It just so happens that there are more female feminists. If we look up the word "feminism" in the dictionary we find the following: "the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men." Now that's all fine and dandy. By that definition I think MOST people would be for "feminism" but the problem lies in the baggage attached to the idea of feminism. Some of the core "values" of feminism state that men are inherently bad or evil and that women are simply the oppressed victims. It may be the case that some men are bad or evil. It may even be the case that MOST men are bad or evil but like my argument toward Quinn my argument stands here as well. Just because most females are unconscious doesn't therefore mean that most men are conscious. Equally, just because most men are bad or evil doesn't mean that most women are therefore good. Feminists seem to have the idea that women shouldn't just have equal rights to men but have reverence ABOVE men. They think that shirts that say "boys are dumb, throw rocks at them" is good and empowering, even egalitarian. What they're really after isn't equality in rights. It's revenge. You KNOW they would pitch a fit if there was a shirt that said "girls are dumb, throw rocks at them" and claim that it was inciting hate and prejudice. In fact, it would be inciting hate and prejudice but they fail to see that in themselves when the genders are reversed and males are the victims. Furthermore in addition to wanting their "revenge" they also want the standards to be LOWER just to suit those who do not feel like meeting the high standards. For example, female fire fighters don't have to lift as much weight as male ones do. This is clearly discrimination. If a male couldn't lift the male amount he still would not be hired for being able to lift the female amount simply because he is male. So this isn't just about having "equal rights" it's about having SPECIAL rights. They want people to make exceptions for them.

Then we look at something like sexuality. They will call a womanizing man a pig but they will say that a loose woman is "independent" and "empowered" etc. Again, they're wanting to be held in reverence ABOVE men. Many will say that men being slutty is more socially acceptable but they themselves do not accept it. It's really a double standard on the part of the feminist as well. They're being no better than the male chauvinist. I've been told by feminists that they're not wanting to be "just as bad as men" but they're "redefining what's bad". That is completely absurd. They're holding men to a higher standard than themselves and still wanting to be treated "equally". Part of being treated equally is being held to the same standards. It's the fact that women have been held to lower standards that has caused their "oppression" over the centuries.

Then there are specific issues like not only being slutty but dressing slutty. A feminist will claim that she should be able to dress like a slut and at the same time not be perceived so. Well this would be all good and reasonable if it weren't for the fact that the women themselves REINFORCE the slutty stereotype themselves! If none of the women who dressed slutty acted slutty there would be no connection to the two but because the women are purposely dressing to attract that kind of male attention they are inevitably going to get it. It's like saying "just because I wear a police uniform doesn't mean I'm a police officer". Surely they are aware of what message they're sending to people by their clothes and by the social association with them. They are not really so dumb that they don't realize these things. They just want CERTAIN male attention. If an unattractive man asks her for sex she may become angry and give him a lecture or maybe even slap him. If an attractive man asks her for sex she may entertain the idea. This is yet another double standard in their so called "logic".

Feminists will also say that stripping, pole dancing and prostitution are "empowering" to women. Yet what they fail to realize is that they are actually just objectifying themselves and playing right into the hands of sexist males who think they are worth nothing more than their bodies. Sure, the women may be getting money for such lewd acts but at what cost to the social view of women over all? Are they not betraying their sisters who wish to be seen as more? If most women were scientists and philosophers then the view that women are only worth the sexual appeal of their bodies would be seen as a completely ridiculous and unfounded accusation. However, because there are more female strippers, pole dancers and prostitutes than scientists BY FAR the view has some substantiation to it's claim in the eyes of the masses.

Then we come to the idea of abortion. Men are expected to be responsible for the children they create whether they want them or not. Women on the other hand have the option to discard the child in a trashbin. This surely shows that women who want abortions are less responsible. Now you may be saying "what about rape?" Well, what about the men who are raped? Should they have the option to FORCE a female rapist to have an abortion? It seems like he should on the grounds that it wasn't his choice but feminists will then cry out "No! It's my body and my choice!" Again... a double standard.

Just a few of my dislikes about feminists. I'm sure there are more but that's all I could think of for now.
Orenholt

Re: You know who I really dislike? Feminists.

Post by Orenholt »

Now here comes the really controversial part. ;)

If women want sluttiness to be acceptable they have to stop calling men pigs for it and say that it's ok for either gender.

If women want to dress slutty without people thinking they just want attention MANY will have to dress slutty MOST the time and stop getting upset when people do give them attention, especially when they're in positions of authority and doing nothing sexual to break the association of "this girl looks sexy she must be looking for a date". Then it would change in people's minds as being something common and mundane.

If women want to be strippers, pole dancers and prostitutes they should get fancy academic degrees to prove they're more than a good looking body.