The Universe was created by a Dummy

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Re: The Universe was created by a Dummy

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:Young Pincho confused creating pretty fractal based programs (eg variations on Game of Life) with personal breakthroughs on solving the mystery of the Universe. Somehow he maintained his beliefs by blocking out all the major theoretical work done on Chaos Theory and other more complex simulators. They don't simulate the universe though, just the occurrence of fractal patterns in nature. When I was younger I was mesmerized as well and programmed some of my own. I just left out the claims to have solved anything important although I did wonder if there was a golden formula waiting to be found to create some complex life like pattern inside a simple machine instead of something which just behaves vaguely and abstractly live living blobs. PIncho always claimed he needed a "bigger computer" to get to something more interesting. Yes, you need the universe to run the universe, after all. However self-organizing processes are as amazing and important in science as they are an attractor for certain minds. John Nash is an example of the good as well as the bad.
yes the shock factor of seeing a filthy parasite can be described as none other than amazing, like seeing a baby alien abomination for the first time, nothing short of amazing

cheap cop out answer science stands by is theres millions of universes, so therefor life is in this one because just wed be dead and therefore not see it unless it was.

it seems like self organizing but that is cuz our minds say so, its really just chaos n bubbles patterns arise out of chaos if u scale it enough

also the experiment was as lazy as it sounds, just simple 2d cubes no fractals of any kind

damnit dejavu again

To be honest, there's nothing amazing about it. Humans are simple creatures, repeating the same tired tropes over and over throughout history. there is truly nothing new under the sun. if you want a list of all of the same overused tropes see tvtropes.com. YOu may think that you found a new trope or set of behavoirs and circumstances, but guaranteed its the same damn thing with slightly different packaging. I guess a certain zen can be found in knowing you are nothing more than a simple minded robot with no free will, random or creative thought of any kind. Even so called "science discoveries" are a trope within themselves.
My Documentary: mymovie2 wmv
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:yes the shock factor of seeing a filthy parasite can be described as none other than amazing, like seeing a baby alien abomination for the first time, nothing short of amazing
It's true as long as one is not involved personally with it too much or identify.
it seems like self organizing but that is cuz our minds say so, its really just chaos n bubbles patterns arise out of chaos if u scale it enough
It's just chaos 'n bubbles because your mind says so? More fundamental perhaps: your mind saying anything might be just like self-organizing patterns bubbling out of the filthy, crude, hellish realm of chaos. Take good care of them, as not to fall back in hell.
I guess a certain zen can be found in knowing you are nothing more than a simple minded robot with no free will, random or creative thought of any kind.
The Zen aspect would be more like wondering if it would make any real difference to the simple minded robot to know about the freedom of his will. Philip K. Dick wrote many books about the dilemma. Just to fuck the mind with I guess.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:yes the shock factor of seeing a filthy parasite can be described as none other than amazing, like seeing a baby alien abomination for the first time, nothing short of amazing
It's true as long as one is not involved personally with it too much or identify.
It's just chaos 'n bubbles because your mind says so? More fundamental perhaps: your mind saying anything might be just like self-organizing patterns bubbling out of the filthy, crude, hellish realm of chaos. Take good care of them, as not to fall back in hell.
I guess a certain zen can be found in knowing you are nothing more than a simple minded robot with no free will, random or creative thought of any kind.
The Zen aspect would be more like wondering if it would make any real difference to the simple minded robot to know about the freedom of his will. Philip K. Dick wrote many books about the dilemma. Just to fuck the mind with I guess.
goodcare ofwhat? chaos? order is hellish
also i explained the thing very poorly

hmm what books.
also i f**ked up big time, I was recommended to read a book I think it was going to be really special. but i forgot the name it was something about good and evil

e...of good and evil?

eucolimer? Euclimar? ecolupsis
eleolcipsis ?? I freaking forgot
Diebert van Rhijn

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Take good care of them ["self-organizing bubbles of mind"] as not to fall back in hell.
good care ofwhat? chaos? order is hellish
Order is hellish for the devil in you while chaos still rejected by the upwards moving angel. Just know what you are not.
hmm what books.
PK Dick? The fasted route towards the ideas behind the novels would be The Shifting Realities of Philip K. Dick. But only if interested in the theme of simple minded robots. Understand the man was deeply conflicted and regularly medicated.
also i f**ked up big time, I was recommended to read a book I think it was going to be really special. but i forgot the name it was something about good and evil
Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche would be a good and evil alternative!
  • In what strange simplification and falsification man lives! One can never cease wondering when once one has got eyes for beholding this marvel! How we have made everything around us clear and free and easy and simple! How we have been able to give our senses a passport to everything superficial, our thoughts a godlike desire for wanton pranks and wrong inferences!—how from the beginning, we have contrived to retain our ignorance in order to enjoy an almost inconceivable freedom, thoughtlessness, imprudence, heartiness, and gaiety—in order to enjoy life! And only on this solidified, granite-like foundation of ignorance could knowledge rear itself hitherto, the will to knowledge on the foundation of a far more powerful will, the will to ignorance, to the uncertain, to the untrue! Not as its opposite, but—as its refinement!

After such a cheerful commencement, a serious word would fain be heard; it appeals to the most serious minds. Take care, you philosophers and friends of knowledge, and beware of martyrdom! Of suffering "for the truth's sake"! Even in your own defense! It spoils all the innocence and fine neutrality of your conscience; it makes you headstrong against objections and red rags; it stupefies, animalizes, and brutalizes, when in the struggle with danger, slander, suspicion, expulsion, and even worse consequences of enmity, you have at last to play your last card as "protectors of truth upon earth"—as though "the Truth" were such an innocent and incompetent creature as to require protectors!

Finally, you know sufficiently well that it cannot be of any consequence if you just carry your point; you know that hitherto no philosopher has carried his point, and that there might be a more laudable truthfulness in every little interrogative mark which you place after your special words and favourite doctrines (and occasionally after yourselves) than in all the solemn pantomime and trumping games before accusers and law-courts! Rather go out of the way! Flee into concealment! And have your masks and your ruses, that ye may be mistaken for what you are, or somewhat feared!
Great stuff if you recognized it was your own.
e...of good and evil?

That's just sick :)
GreatandWiseTrixie

Diebert van Rhijn wrote: Order is hellish for the devil in you while chaos still rejected by the upwards moving angel. Just know what you are not.
Well the Bible says that our bodies are not our own. That I can agree with. The forums say our mind is not our own. That I can agree with also, I have so many personalities and I change whose to say my thoughts are what makes me. Which leaves me with a I am just a void, and observer, destined to suffer at the hands of whatever random body, random life and random mind are assigned to me through no choice of my own.
hmm what books.
PK Dick? The fasted route towards the ideas behind the novels would be The Shifting Realities of Philip K. Dick. But only if interested in the theme of simple minded robots. Understand the man was deeply conflicted and regularly medicated.
Medicated for what lol. Sore throat? Diabetus?

Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche would be a good and evil alternative!
  • In what strange simplification and falsification man lives! One can never cease wondering when once one has got eyes for beholding this marvel! How we have made everything around us clear and free and easy and simple! How we have been able to give our senses a passport to everything superficial, our thoughts a godlike desire for wanton pranks and wrong inferences!—how from the beginning, we have contrived to retain our ignorance in order to enjoy an almost inconceivable freedom, thoughtlessness, imprudence, heartiness, and gaiety—in order to enjoy life! And only on this solidified, granite-like foundation of ignorance could knowledge rear itself hitherto, the will to knowledge on the foundation of a far more powerful will, the will to ignorance, to the uncertain, to the untrue! Not as its opposite, but—as its refinement!

After such a cheerful commencement, a serious word would fain be heard; it appeals to the most serious minds. Take care, you philosophers and friends of knowledge, and beware of martyrdom! Of suffering "for the truth's sake"! Even in your own defense! It spoils all the innocence and fine neutrality of your conscience; it makes you headstrong against objections and red rags; it stupefies, animalizes, and brutalizes, when in the struggle with danger, slander, suspicion, expulsion, and even worse consequences of enmity, you have at last to play your last card as "protectors of truth upon earth"—as though "the Truth" were such an innocent and incompetent creature as to require protectors!

Finally, you know sufficiently well that it cannot be of any consequence if you just carry your point; you know that hitherto no philosopher has carried his point, and that there might be a more laudable truthfulness in every little interrogative mark which you place after your special words and favourite doctrines (and occasionally after yourselves) than in all the solemn pantomime and trumping games before accusers and law-courts! Rather go out of the way! Flee into concealment! And have your masks and your ruses, that ye may be mistaken for what you are, or somewhat feared!
Great stuff if you recognized it was your own.
My own? I did not write that, Neitzche did. A bit long winded, I would have condensed it to save on time for other people.
e...of good and evil?

That's just sick :)
Since spell check says none of those are words, you're gonna have to tell me what you mean by sick.

Speaking of the matter, it was just good ol Epicurus and his teachings, already read them before so forgetting about it wasn't that big a deal.
Diebert van Rhijn

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Well the Bible says that our bodies are not our own. That I can agree with. The forums say our mind is not our own. That I can agree with also, I have so many personalities and I change whose to say my thoughts are what makes me. Which leaves me with a I am just a void, and observer, destined to suffer at the hands of whatever random body, random life and random mind are assigned to me through no choice of my own.
Everyone seems to have beyond the surface layer many personalities, many conflicting priorities and conflicting desires. The question is more how one can "keep it together" since the mind is a mess, that's a given. What would be the binding force to have a loose coalition of impulses as to avoid internal collapse (civil war, chaos)? The binding factor appears sometimes as some faith, or "love", or some sacrificial game at least - a ritual. The idea of philosophy: the love for wisdom, is that at least there's a possibility to create some unity in thought, feeling and purpose without resorting to more extreme measures. Or just dumbing down with the intoxication of spectacles.
Medicated for what lol. Sore throat? Diabetus?
His early works were written mostly on amphetamines with perhaps a few other experiments like everybody did at that time and place he was in (around 1960). Not to mention later in his life high doses of vitamin C (but what would that do) and some painkillers. Not sure if he was medicated for schizophrenia at some point as he seemed to be diagnosed as such. What I see is a guy fighting to retain coherency when the mind keeps blowing up. A bit like Nietzsche perhaps?
My own? I did not write that, Neitzche did. A bit long winded, I would have condensed it to save on time for other people.
The point was that such writing presumes one has already worked through the issue ("made it your own"). You might have but didn't bother to condense it. And if you did, it probably would end up being not very comprehensible for others, at least, based on how you express your thoughts so far. You might think you can condense and simplify things further and further but beware that you're not playing a joke on yourself. Your mind seems to go too fast, like a nervous bird with a small attention span. That's how it reads to me at least, unsteady, bored with mundane, afraid to settle on anything but with some nervous energy seen typically in young people: immediacy is craved! Or perhaps even immancency. This is why you hate transcendence, order, study, nature (as law) and especially notions of the eternal. And that's understood, we all resist it; it's called the game of ignorance playing out.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Diebert van Rhijn wrote: The point was that such writing presumes one has already worked through the issue ("made it your own"). You might have but didn't bother to condense it. And if you did, it probably would end up being not very comprehensible for others, at least, based on how you express your thoughts so far. You might think you can condense and simplify things further and further but beware that you're not playing a joke on yourself. Your mind seems to go too fast, like a nervous bird with a small attention span. That's how it reads to me at least, unsteady, bored with mundane, afraid to settle on anything but with some nervous energy seen typically in young people: immediacy is craved! Or perhaps even immancency. This is why you hate transcendence, order, study, nature (as law) and especially notions of the eternal. And that's understood, we all resist it; it's called the game of ignorance playing out.
*GASP* How did you find out? My adhd was supposed to be a secret.

I think the Bible is self-aware of how ridiculous it is, so it inserted the Book of Job as a kind of self-deprecating joke.

You are right though, many of my posts are long-winded. For example, one of my posts could have been condensed to this:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?
However, that would not have been as humorous. Plus, that has been around for 1000's of years, yet when presented to most Christians, it just doesn't stick. So perhaps a new way to reinvent the wheel.

Game of ignorance? Describe the rules and conditions. First of all, I never asked to participate in this game, I don't wish to exist, and NOTHING I mean NOTHING would ever make me want to live forever unless all of my memory was completely wiped. More like "Game of Torture" to me. It's mostly little kids who wish for eternal life. Maybe yours is not a case of wishing, but more of "there's nothing I can do, so I might as well roll with it" kind of deal.