When one loses Self-control

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

The contemplations of intuitive knowledge

When one loses self-control even momentarily, it is vitally important to regain composure for sensibilities sake, so others can see sensibility for it's value!
alphaeg

Re: When one loses Self-control

Post by alphaeg »

It feels good to become a beast and lose yourself to emotion on occasion.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Do they see it in regaining or do they see it by itself?
Airemon

Post by Airemon »

A little late to the conversation, but here is my two cents.

"He who loses self-control, loses."
I can not see any out come where our senses are as sharp as they could or even should be. We have all seen headlines where some person or another has lost control and acted out and its being called a crime of passion, or when we are upset and speak out of turn or have some one else speak out of turn to us and say things that they might not generally say. Now whether these are hurtful. uplifting, or down right creepy is all speculative and subjective the the persons and the situations I am sure. I see losing ones self leading to these types of actions that generally mean that oneself is acting out of congruity with ones being. As we are likely in this loss to say or do something that that is not something we would generally do or think we could do. All of this leads to the very true saying "hindsight is always 20/20 '.

P.S.

I would like to also add that the loss of control while leading us to say or do things we would normally not does still leave us saying things unfiltered. If we never thought about the unfiltered response we couldn't have ever uttered it. I would like to cite for example the very common does this dress make my butt look big. "Insert joke here" Of course me in general are going to say nope, although there are more than some occasions when a mans brains says nope you look fine but they find their mouths saying the absolute opposite. Now the man might think its space for billboard rent, but his self control and sense of self preservation keep that unsaid.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

GodsDaughter1 wrote:When one loses Self-control

The contemplations of intuitive knowledge

When one loses self-control even momentarily, it is vitally important to regain composure for sensibilities sake, so others can see sensibility for it's value!
The only time I lost control was when I was sent to Vietnam.
Don't run to your death
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

After it was lost, where did you find it?