Strawberry milkshake flavored pop tarts

Post questions or suggestions here.
sevens

Lock Stock

Post by sevens »

Marsha,

I'm going to prove, mathematically, the union of the mind, with the Universe.

That felt good.

Unbounded, even.
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:When arrived at A=A one has created also something that is 'not A' to be conscious of it in the first place. Only the existence of a 'B' can give meaning or relevance to A=A.
Not really. Not-A is already an existence that is different from A, so no B is necessary. In fact, the B might not even cut it because it could be defined to be the same thing as A.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

I had the regular strawberry flavored pop tarts last night and they were pretty good. The biggest thing is probably using a toaster oven to heat them up, so that they become gooey.

Kevin,

Can you summarize what you learned? It'll save me joining the army.

I learned how to sustain people's lives when they've been traumatically injured. I learned that the Army is made up of 80% scummy people who are in it as a last option. The other 19% are patriotic and care a lot about the cause. The rest of the 1% are really smart people who had a lot of reasons they joined and forgot all the reasons...the only reason those people stay in is because of the friends they make in it. I learned that living close to people with bad character caused me to care about them and that I felt like I'd do anything for them if they were in trouble. I still feel that way about those guys, even though I wouldn't call them my friends really. I like hanging out with my friends. I just developed a strong bond with these scummy guys.

I learned that the people who run the Army, the higher ups, are usually not great examples. The Army tends to turn you into a piece of shit...if you weren't at the time of joining. Very few people seemed to maintain some good character by the time they were in like 10 years. A few were great people though.

The Army preaches the "7 Army Values", which I guarantee is just to trick Americans into believing that the military is a good organization. There are TRADOC regulations where soldiers aren't allowed to drink, have sex, whatever. Of course people break them, even the people enforcing them.

Speaking of sex, soldiers are crazy about sex. On our weekends off in AIT (advanced individual training) everyone got it on. I got it on. Married guys got it on with girls other than their wives. Married girls were the biggest sluts in the place! If a girl said she was married it meant she'd give it up the quickest. I'm not even kidding, or exaggerating.

More than half of the married people split up. I know of like two guys who kept their wives back at home, and these guys were very good people. The average guy was turned into a piece of shit...forgetting anything about who he made a promise to and just fucking anything in sight. One of my good friends there had a beautiful wife, and he ended up fucking this pork belly pimple faced bitch. It made no sense to me.

And the point of any training in the Army is to stress you out. I am VERY cool under stress, I learned that, but its not like it didn't affect me. I have really high blood pressure now. I get an emotional rush when I think of killing. I don't feel relief until all of my stuff is in order here at home...and I've become kind of lazy and stupid because I'm not constantly being told "Go DO THIS!" It's all on me now, and it's like I'm relearning how to live in society.

But overall I don't regret it. I wouldn't recommend it but I personally love it. It's a great opportunity to learn about this crazy world. I definitely have a greater appreciation, and I my understanding of everything has deepened immensely.
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

How did you get out so fast? Isn't there like a two-year minimum? Or has it been two years already? It only seems like six months ago that you were talking about signing up.
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

One of my good friends there had a beautiful wife, and he ended up fucking this pork belly pimple faced bitch. It made no sense to me.
It makes sense when you realize how picky women are and that a woman will turn sex into an exercise in clinical accuracy after you've been with her awhile, making sex with her almost impossible. The first few times she can't really do that because she knows she's skating on thin ice.
sevens

AB

Post by sevens »

Matt -

A B, like AB in quantum spin states, signifies the presence of variable meaning - symbol.
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

Right, but saying "A" and "B" doesn't necessarily mean that they point to two different meanings. A could equal B.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

And how did you learn it so quickly? How cum you's ain't in Irak?

Faizi
sevens

World Music

Post by sevens »

I was referring to A=A + B.

Learning, or giving things, their own meaning.

Until everything, becomes One.

Meta.
sevens

Post by sevens »

Just kinda learned it really, man.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

I was in training for 6 months. Haven't been to Iraq yet. To be honest I'm afraid of going, but I think I'll decide to volunteer myself to go in a few months.

The unit I'm in right now doesn't let people go unless they volunteer, apparently.
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

sschaula wrote:I was in training for 6 months. Haven't been to Iraq yet.
It sounds like you've been to the end of the earth and back, with all that stress, sex, broken marriages, etc - and that was just the training!

I've read that a high percentage of the female soldiers turn pregnant before or after they go to Iraq. Though I don't know how much of a myth that is.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

It sounds like you've been to the end of the earth and back, with all that stress, sex, broken marriages, etc - and that was just the training!
One episode of The Bold & The Beautiful could have shown him the same thing without involving direct contact.

Bless television.

:)
Blair

Post by Blair »

sschaula wrote: I learned that the Army is made up of 80% scummy people who are in it as a last option.

Speaking of sex, soldiers are crazy about sex.

More than half of the married people split up.

The average guy was turned into a piece of shit.

I am VERY cool under stress, I learned that, but its not like it didn't affect me. I have really high blood pressure now.

It's a great opportunity to learn about this crazy world. I definitely have a greater appreciation, and I my understanding of everything has deepened immensely.
Sounds like you definately have a handle on it, scott. You were a douchebag before, but now you seem really together and wise.

Ahahahahaha
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Kevin,

I've only learned a bit about human nature.

prince,

Where did you come into any conversation with me? Who are you? I may be a douchebag, but there's no reason for you to point it out. Are you trying to compete with me?
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

Scott wrote:I've only learned a bit about human nature.
Scott, I presume there were a lot more males in training than females. So there wouldn't have been enough women to go around, and some guys would have gone without. If having sex was a big issue with most of the people there, didn't that cause problems - jealousy, envy, fights, rape, etc?

I'm trying to imagine how things might be with both men and women serving on the front line.
avidaloca

Post by avidaloca »

I was in the Australian Army Reserves in 92-93 and in boot camp we had about half a dozen women in our platoon (25 guys). Back then if anybody fraternized (had sexual contact with) any other soldier you were instantly discharged.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Kevin,

It was 1/4 females and 3/4 males. A lot of guys ended up sharing. There weren't really fights because all of us guys bonded and kind of shared a common disrespect for the females. I hated these guys but I would never let a girl get inbetween our...friendship? It's weird what sleeping, showering, shitting and eating next to the same people everyday will do to you. They become like family. I'm sure it's even greater in the field, when there is a real enemy threatening your lives.

All notions of "love" went out the window, and everyone knew it was only about lust. There were sex parties, and I was in the hotel room a few times while people got it on in front of me...or in the bathroom. I ended up having sex in the bathroom with this one girl, and then didn't talk to her much after that...so to "prince", I'm not some great guy, nor do I think I am! I'm pretty normal and boring.

A few couples got married, knowing they were soon to be stationed far apart from eachother...so I'm thinking it was for the money. The only way to make any kind of real money in the military is to be married...and if you have kids you're rich! If I was active duty I definitely would've gotten married, and gotten whoever I married pregnant. Of course I'd probably have a better wedding than just going to some building and signing a paper, and I'd probably decide to have a honeymoon...I'd have probably done it on leave, but to each his own.

Pretty much every girl that was married gave it up the fastest...I think I said this before. It was insane to me! This is what I mean when I say I learned a lot. It makes those tv shows like desperate housewives make even more sense. There's some strange thing in the female psyche where if she has a boyfriend or husband and he isn't looking, she needs to go have sex with everyone in sight. Of course she'll always talk about her husband and say she'll never cheat, but talking about him will just make her want to cheat on him more. I don't understand why but at least I know about it now.

I couldn't find a single girl who was good. I could find a handful of good guys. I still have hope that there are girls out there who are sweet and good, and that I'll meet one someday. Yea, I'm stupid.

About both sexes on the front line, in the American Army it's kind of an unspoken rule to keep women out of combat. There are tons units functioning in Iraq which have women deployed, and there are women in the infantry I think, but it's rare that they're sent anywhere dangerous. At least this is what I've heard. If they were sent straight into combat, a lot of them wouldn't be able to handle themselves, and the men would probably all end up fighting over them. They'd be dead weight, and they'd ruin the team. I know the American special forces doesn't even allow women to try and join. I know they wouldn't be able to make it through the training...they all squeaked their way through basic training and AIT. I really don't know how they made it. I think a lot of it had to do with flirting with the cadre and chain of command.

Avidaloca,

We actually have those kind of rules too, but what happens is usually the soldier will meet with some higher up and lose their pay for two months, while not being able to go out on pass if everyone else gets it. They might also lose their rank, so they'll get paid less every month after their punishment is up. They're too desperate for warm bodies in the American military.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Leyla Shen wrote:If only the existence of a "B" gives meaning or relevance to "A" and therefore "A=A," isn't that saying that one is in fact born out of 2?
Giving meaning and relevance to 'one' is born out of duality of course. But a deeper thought is possible here: cause and effect underlies the whole sequence and one can traverse in both directions depending on perspective.

I agree with Matt that better 'not A' is used instead of 'B'. But that doesn't change the logic that the assertion of A=A is meaningless in a context that is pure A. That's a state lacking meaning. It's meaning is born together with 'not A'.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

they all squeaked their way through basic training and AIT. I really don't know how they made it. I think a lot of it had to do with flirting with the cadre and chain of command.

You white motherfucker. Where are you? You tell me where you want to meet and I will be there. I will beat you to a pulp -- with one hand tied behind my back.

You are a goddamned insult to the US army. Squeaked, hell. Flirted? To this day, I hate my drill sergeant. Pure hate. I would have gladly killed him. Still would. If I was his nurse in an old age home, I would pull his goddamned plug and laugh while I did it.

I went through Basic at Fort Jackson and it was a holy bitch. I WISH I could have flirted my way through it. But I didn't. I crawled on my belly just like every other asshole.

For your information, females are not allowed in infantry.

Nevertheless, they end up in combat. I always knew that and I was an expert shot with a M16. I didn't need a scope. My entire training was combat -- even though I was a medic. I was a combat medic.

You make me sick.

If I was your drill sergeant -- and many drills are females -- I would fucking run your ass into the dirt. I would make you beg me to let you up and I still wouldn't cut you slack. I would dog your ass -- twenty four seven -- until you cried. I would not stop even when you cried. I would make you beg. I would make you crawl and beg. I would break you down to oatmeal.

You are so full of shit. Females can't flirt their way through Basic. I know. I have been through it.

You are a pissant. Scum. A disgrace to the uniform.

Faizi
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

I was writing a post and I lost it.

Essentially, I said that the culture of the army has nothing to do with the culture of the US. The army is a separate culture; a brotherhood; tribe.

When a soldier puts himself in the line of fire, he does not do it for his country. He does it for his friend; his confidant. He does it for the bond of the brotherhood. He does it for the tribe.

Faizi
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

I have a niece who is an officer in the Navy, and has had to endure both sexual and physical abuse. The men she commands are often seasoned veterans who find it difficult taking orders from a “wee slip of a girl”. She tells many a story of having to “stand her ground” to keep the men in line. Something she tries hard not to do is report them for their behaviour; preferring instead to deal with any problem directly.

She has been in the military for over ten years and is now a navigator on helicopters. She has traveled the world, seen conflict, and lost friends.

When asked by me if she thinks the job she does is “worth while” she quickly replies, “Yes, very”. When I suggest she is just a ‘slave’, working to protect those who couldn’t or wouldn’t do the same job – she replies, “Yes, but a lot of it is fun!”

Sue
Blair

Post by Blair »

sue hindmarsh wrote:When asked by me if she thinks the job she does is “worth while” she quickly replies, “Yes, very”. When I suggest she is just a ‘slave’, working to protect those who couldn’t or wouldn’t do the same job – she replies, “Yes, but a lot of it is fun!”
Sue
So, what did we learn from this? every human says the same thing, they arent exactly going to say, "I feel completely empty and void in my pitiful life, please save me" .. are they.

Anybody who says something is "a lot of fun" is really saying their life is a miserable shit hole, to the discerning. But of course you can see that Sue, if you can get past the being related thing.
Blair

Post by Blair »

MKFaizi wrote:When a soldier puts himself in the line of fire, he does not do it for his country. He does it for his friend; his confidant. He does it for the bond of the brotherhood. He does it for the tribe.

Faizi
Exactly, so what's new? the human is but a savage animal when stripped of confines. Always will be.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Marsha,

You white motherfucker. Where are you? You tell me where you want to meet and I will be there. I will beat you to a pulp -- with one hand tied behind my back.

If you're serious, email me. graysm@usa.com

You are a goddamned insult to the US army.

From what I've seen of it, the Army is an insult to the United States. If I were in charge I'd definitely try to change the way things are run, at least in training. Maybe all of the contradictions to the rules on behalf of the cadre were purposeful though? Or maybe just "everyone is human" and "rank has its priveleges".

Just know I'm ONLY talking about E Co, Fort Sam Houston...when I went. Basic Training was a great experience for me. I've just been badly influenced by four months of combat medic bullshit.

Squeaked, hell. Flirted? To this day, I hate my drill sergeant. Pure hate. I would have gladly killed him. Still would. If I was his nurse in an old age home, I would pull his goddamned plug and laugh while I did it.

I went through Basic at Fort Jackson and it was a holy bitch. I WISH I could have flirted my way through it. But I didn't. I crawled on my belly just like every other asshole.

Relaxin Jackson? Just kidding, Marsha. I don't know what it was like when you went. Today relaxin Jackson is the nickname, because it's the easiest place to go. I don't know what you did, though. All I know is what I saw out of every girl that's gone through any of the training I went through. They showed minimal effort, and honestly, they flirted with every drill sergeant. Most of the time the drills flirted back.

Maybe the Army has gotten soft since you've been in?

I always knew that and I was an expert shot with a M16. I didn't need a scope. My entire training was combat -- even though I was a medic. I was a combat medic.

You make me sick.

We're very similar then, I guess. That's my MOS, and I've also scored expert. Without a scope.

If I was your drill sergeant -- and many drills are females -- I would fucking run your ass into the dirt. I would make you beg me to let you up and I still wouldn't cut you slack. I would dog your ass -- twenty four seven -- until you cried. I would not stop even when you cried. I would make you beg. I would make you crawl and beg. I would break you down to oatmeal.

Like I don't know what it's like, Marsha. How about you come up to Wisconsin and do it. I dare you. I can take a beating for a week, and yea I'll probably cry but it's only a physiological reaction. I've BTDT, at least for the drill sergeant bullshit. Seen it, and I'm sick of it. Drill sergeants are boring. So I dare you to email me and tell me if you'll be able to afford a plane ticket, or if I should drive down to where you are and get smoked for however long you want. Bring me the pain.

I've been smoked til I shouldn't have been, and I've seen my friend brutalised more than I could've ever imagined a person get brutalised before. Because of him, I know that I can never quit, so just try it.

You are so full of shit. Females can't flirt their way through Basic. I know. I have been through it.

Recently? I'd like you to go take a look at what basic is like nowadays. Not in my company, since I trained with combat engineers which was primarily male, but in A 2-10 at Fort Leonard Wood, the drill sergeants would flirt with the females constantly. There were rumors about them having sex together. In my own company, after I graduated I found out about the 4 girls getting with one drill. A female specialist, already MOS q'd, would constantly come to the CQ desk when either one of two drills were on duty, and would....I don't know. I heard shit. You think these guys are badasses? Yeah, I'll show you a badass who was my platoon drill sergeant. He was one role model. The rest are PT studs. The Army is sending anyone who scores high and is active duty to Drill Sergeant school, because they're in desperate need. My second platoon drill sergeant in AIT didn't even get his security clearance until halfway through his stay with us, because they just shoved him through the program. He wasn't allowed to wear the brown hat til then.

You think it's serious still, Marsha? All the Army's doing now is getting warm bodies to send over to Iraq to travel alongside 88Ms to get blown up by IEDs. Yeah, that's what my unit is doing right now. Escorting supply trucks. What the fuck. Which leads me to...

You are a pissant. Scum. A disgrace to the uniform.

From what I've learned, the people running this beast are disgraces to the uniform. Maybe I'm misinformed, though. Maybe there's a good reason why my unit is currently over in the desert driving next to supply trucks...when the only reason the majority of anyone is dying over there is from IEDs. My chain of command is probably right.

I'm a disgrace to the uniform because I disagree with the higher ups. I think that mission is stupid! I don't disagree with being over there, and stopping terrorists from doing their thing. I wish it could be done in a better way. More efficient. Smarter. Not having so many people over there at once. Maybe the Army could extend it's SOF community to units like mine, a Cavalry Scout unit? They could do USEFUL missions, possibly?

Really, why are soldiers driving next to trucks? If a terrorist is going to blow up a supply truck, then they're going to do it. Why waste 4 other lives in the process? Are they actually going to protect the supplies or something?

"OH FUCK the terrorists will steal the gatorade bottles! 360 perimeter around the truck NOW!"

Yeah right.

I may be a disgrace to the uniform. Hopefully I'll do well in SF, where deployments make a difference.