Well ain't this guy just dandy....

Post questions or suggestions here.
Dan Rowden

Well ain't this guy just dandy....

Post by Dan Rowden »

DHodges

The State of the Union

Post by DHodges »

It may be hard for people in other places to understand, but this is not unusual in the USA. Many people would agree with his point of view, perhaps more than half. And those that agree with that point of view are more likely to vote, as they tend to feel strongly (rabidly) about it.

Who was it - one of the Bushes? That said an atheist could not be a true American?

The USA is in sorry shape.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

He is proposing to run against an incumbant Republican governor next year. Does not sound all that promising. It could work but I would not take bets on it. He is basically proposing to run on one premise. Given that, I am not completely convinced that he can become governor on the basis of the Ten Commandments crap alone.

I agree with Dave Hodges that most Americans might agree with him but

I am not sure that they would agree with him all that much -- and, vying in a run for high office, he is vulnerable to all sorts of attacks. Could be a child molester. Could be a closet transvestite. Whatever. I guarantee he's got some dirt.

I can't say for sure but my hunch is that he probably lacks the connections to cover up a shit load of dirt.

I don't think that he will last but, of course, I could be wrong.

That said, I have spent a fair amount of time in Alabama in my life. I have traveled through all of Alabama. I love the state. It is one of those places that is so backward that it's forward. I love the place.

I do not think that Alabama will elect Roy Moore.

Virginia's gubernatorial election is in gear now for a fall election. For the Republicans, we have a Forrest Gump dude from down near Tennessee. Love that accent. He says stuff like, "I have learned that some things are important and some things are not important." Like most Republicans, he talks about fiscal conservatism but he is a big spender.

The Democrat is a pro choice Catholic originally from Kansas City. He opposes the death penalty.

I kind of have to vote for the Democrat. But, if Forrest wins, I can laugh through the next four years of press conferences.

Run, Forrest, run.

Faizi
Ras866

Post by Ras866 »

He said he would not permit Buddhists, Hindus or Muslims to erect monuments to their faiths, because they have nothing to do with what he sees as the moral foundation of law.

That foundation, in Moore's mind, comes from the one true god: his god. The god of any other religion doesn't meet Moore's measure.
^ That guy is a funny fellow... Nuts, ignorant, politically incorrect, and probably an asshole.. but a funny guy