Are mathematical structures in the KJV Bible proof?

Post questions or suggestions here.
hyperqube

Are mathematical structures in the KJV Bible proof?

Post by hyperqube »

Assume, that there are unique mathematical properties within the text of the kjv bible? At what point, does it stop being coincidence and become proof, that there was divine inspiration involved in its creation?

And I'm not talking about silly bible code pictures here, but verse and chapter structures.
Kevin Solway

Re: Are mathematical structures in the KJV Bible proof?

Post by Kevin Solway »

hyperqube wrote:Assume, that there are unique mathematical properties within the text of the kjv bible? At what point, does it stop being coincidence and become proof, that there was divine inspiration involved in its creation?

And I'm not talking about silly bible code pictures here, but verse and chapter structures.
There are mathematical properties to everything.
hyperqube

ok

Post by hyperqube »

that was the easy answer, but i mean something that would be more than just your random everyday property
Kevin Solway

Mathematics

Post by Kevin Solway »

Assume, that there are unique mathematical properties within the text of the kjv bible? At what point, does it stop being coincidence and become proof, that there was divine inspiration involved in its creation?
I would be more impressed if the bible contained wisdom.

Or, if it described in detail the workings of a computer or television, with detailed diagrams. That would show true foresight.
Dan Rowden

Mathematics

Post by Dan Rowden »

Why the King James version of the Bible? Why not just assume an amazing mathematical configuration in my pubic hair?

In other words - what's your point? What's the point of assuming any such thing? And where's the logical correlation between "unique", as you put it (a silly use of words in my opinion) mathematical properties and "divinity"? Why can't such properties simply be a mundane and expected part of certain aspects of reality?

Dan Rowden
Philosophaster

Post by Philosophaster »

With enough convoluted explanation, one can make just about anything seem to have "unique" mathematical properties.
hyperqube

genius? where?

Post by hyperqube »

for a supposed genius forum, ya'll have proven to be quite mundane. Geniuses think outside the cube, don't they. I guess that's why there is a fine line between genius and insanity. In fact, are there any other geniuses on this board or is it simply a moniker. I get the exact same responses on boards with exceedingly less lofty titles than genius forum.

tell me what you think about this. mind you this is only one example. sure it may be a coincidence, but if it were a word, highly synchronicitous!

The Gematria of Messiah 444

Gematria is a system by which hidden truths and meanings are discovered within words. Each letter of an alphabet corresponds to a number. Numerical values of words are totaled up and then these words are said to correspond with other words sharing the same numerical value. In the english gematria system, a = 6, b = 12, c= 18 incrementing by 6 through the letter Z.

In the greek system of gematria the value for Jesus is

Iesous = I (10) + e (8) + s (200) + o (70) + u (400) + s (200) = 888

The sum for the word « messiah » of length 7 is 444. which happens to occur twice in the kjv bible.

2 x 444 = 888

as for the bible describing a tv, i doubt that such a material aspect of modern life rates nil in the scheme of god.

Eschaton blog
hyperqube

is that convoluted?

Post by hyperqube »

Philosophaster wrote:With enough convoluted explanation, one can make just about anything seem to have "unique" mathematical properties.

on a ranking system of convolution, where would you rank this?

or if we assume that an event such as the hiroshima bombing would have effects which would reverberate through time. The New York blackout of 65 which occurred on 11/9/1965 occurred 7400 days after hiroshima and it happens that New York is at 74 degrees longitude.
DHodges

Re: is that convoluted?

Post by DHodges »

hyperqube wrote:or if we assume that an event such as the hiroshima bombing would have effects which would reverberate through time. The New York blackout of 65 which occurred on 11/9/1965 occurred 7400 days after hiroshima and it happens that New York is at 74 degrees longitude.
So what? Does that mean something? If it means something in particular, how do you know what?

Does it mean something that Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy, Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln, and they were both assassinated by lone gunmen?

The world is full of bizarre coincidences. That's what happens when you have billions of people doing billions of things.

I don't think you have demonstrated anything other than the Law of Fives.
hyperqube

boring

Post by hyperqube »

your post boring, but your post count I can work with. That's sad when there's more to be said about the metadata than the data.

but Natalee Holloway returns on 8/30 and nataleeannholloway equals 1188

guess what?

Lat (DMS) 12° 34' 0N Long (DMS) 70° 1' 60W

thats palm beach, aruba

=118

and all that verses in the bible which sum to 6888, the number of days natalee will be on 8/30 have length 1818

wait for 8/30 when Natalee returns and let's see who's talking out their ass.
hyperqube

puhleeeze

Post by hyperqube »

and do you really think, that's all there is?

plzzzz. i have to provide it in easily digestable chunks. else you would have already found it in the qubism thread at the hyperqube.

true genius there
BrianT

Post by BrianT »

If the Bible contains codes and forecasts (which aren't apparently realized as such until after the fact), then that isn't conclusive proof of an omnipotent deity having inspired men to write them. There are infinitely many "greater" feats that the "divine" force has not demonstrated to prove its omnipotence. I wonder if when one analyzes a random book if when you invent a system to encode the names/words into numbers, you get the same number of coincidences.
--Brian
Dave Toast

Post by Dave Toast »

My clock says 31/8, the BBC says nothing.
LooF

Post by LooF »

hyper

do you not know that person such as you are the reason "true genius"es does not speak?

you are as hard as a rock. you require attention.

it seems that you are intelligent, and wished to seek truth. however you have found the truth for you already.

i am telling you this
probably because there is a reason.

if i cause you anger, i apologize.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

Hm. I reckon maybe a translation is required, Dave.
My clock says 31/8, the BBC says nothing.
Hyperqube, did Natalee Holloway return???
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

This thread has been moved to the Brothel because the subject matter has no relevence to genius or wisdom.

-
hsandman

Re: Are mathematical structures in the KJV Bible proof?

Post by hsandman »

hyper:

Even if there is correlation between the penmanship of the bibles and numerology/astrology/cipher etc. It is not proof of divine or god dictating messages to masses via books that only priests could read = Mass propaganda/fear compain, with a grain of truth in it, on medival scale. Churches today have been replaced with television and new values/idols = still propoganda/religion. :D

The Priests were the keepers of knowledge and science started from monks, Religion was the Governament.(eg. Copernicus). The priests/shamans are notorious, for keeping the knowledge from masses hidden. That is why they kept the written word from peasants through out middle ages. (I think it was actually forbidden for peasants to know how to read).

Only a small number of population ie. elite and priests were educated and had time to study sciences. It has been like that for long time, only recently 500 yrs? Only with arrival of lithographyand with creation of schools affordable to masses has the general population caught up with some basic science.
Before this second renisance people were as thick as planks.

Group of priests working on this document could have put a cipher in there(eg.like leonardo did), or they might have just thought that writing it that way is "divine", or like todays software programers like to insert "easter eggs" in the code just for the fun of it, they had the means and the skills to do it.

History of education(wiki link)

Connecting random numbers to random dates that is just grasping for straws imo. unless you can conect the dates in coherant/meaningful way to other dates in history, even then it is not a proof of divine plan/god. Might just be a plan of religion behind the religion if it is in cypher and in bible. Even then it is just a theory, although a good one.

You can see this numerology/symbolism branding today in money,power symbols such as architecture, city layouts etc. They are playing ancient and complicated chessgame, and the world is the chessboard. Damn lunatics.
It's just a ride.