Confessional Time

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
Cahoot

Re: Confessional Time

Post by Cahoot »

But of course. Coincidence. Anything else is delusional crazy talk. Everyone goes as all have gone before, without exception.

Did you catch the sign at the beginning of the video?
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Cahoot wrote:But of course. Coincidence. Anything else is delusional crazy talk. Everyone goes as all have gone before, without exception.

Did you catch the sign at the beginning of the video?
("The place where people meet to seek the highest is holy ground.")

didn't read it until you mensioned it....yeah Al was cool in that scene.....and i never said it was crazy delusional talk.....since this was an incident that happened to you...you feel closer to the possibility that it could have meaning more than just coincidence.....whereas myself not having a relationship with that incident....i feel less compelled to read more into it....

also you seem to be emotionally involved....I am not. So our perspective are different.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Could be too that everyone with a go fuck yourself thought contributes to forming a world in which suicide happens. Including the suicide.

That's about the extent of my emotional involvement.

Say what you will about Osho, but since you have shown a conceptual interest in sensitivity, you may enjoy reading the distinction he makes between sensitivity and sentimentality.

Osho - How to be sensitive and yet detached
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Cahooty....the "Go FRUIT yourself" is suppose to be a humourous attempt to incourage people to eat healthier, also see my avatar of a bowl of peaches...............and Google "go fruit yourself"......wake up people !!!!
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Oh, I wasn't referring to you Kunga ...

lol

I was referring to everyone with a go fuck yourself thought, just as I wrote.

But if you should ever happen to fly into a self-justified rage and have that thought, well then yes, you would be a contributor to such a world ... possibly.

Then again, that may just be crazy delusional talk.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Yes, after graduating from university I had enough of the books. I had the diploma but no desire to enter into the society that diploma offered. I followed a disciplined yoga meditation practice for decades, with the sketchiest of dharma study, during which the third eye opened and expanded what I knew of reality (for way of quick explanation), which led to spontaneous self inquiry in which I questioned the fundamental assumptions about every thought and knowing that I carried, all the time. With a trained and stilled mind this quickly and logically followed into the most basic enquiry, into identity, perpetually, which led to a radical organic and uncontrollable physical transformation in which I thought I was dying. Afterwards I began to study again to find a language and perspective for understanding what had happened to me. That was when I found that others had gone the same way. Nisargadatta, U.G. Krishnamurti, Ramana, and so on, and the language of Patanjali and Dzogchen began to shape experiences and knowing into a rational structure. There has never been the need to teach, and though I have naturally shaped participation here within context, it seems that some bio was in order, and though now there are far fewer years left than have passed there is still much need and responsibility within my blood family to attend to. So, I'll return to listening, and good luck to all!