We should become politicians, seriously

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
SeekerOfWisdom

We should become politicians, seriously

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

We should all become politicians just to tip the scale a little from retard.

It is getting to a point that I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't drive or buy food without a microchip implant in 10 years.

This was accidentally not posted in "worldly matters".

Also I'm not serious.
Getoriks

Re: We should become politicians, seriously

Post by Getoriks »

Firstly, it's impractical in a personal sense: a genuine spiritual seeker or philosopher headed for a political career is most likely headed only to his assassination. Second, it's impractical in a larger sense: there are far more effective ways of defeating tyranny than the regular mode of engaging in politics (becoming a politician), such as the irregular mode of engaging in philosophy (becoming a teacher). Note that I am not saying to abandon the world. There is no way to escape the moral dilemma through pretending to exist on a higher plane of scholastic or religious detachment. We are not to retreat to a Himalayan cave and become a recluse, or pretend to dwell above the fray of the world struggle for human betterment through sanctimonious detachment. Our responsibility is to do whatever we can to preserve and advance the ongoing struggle for human evolution. If that is regular politics, so be it. But if superior means be available (and they are), then we must use them, be they music, poetry, or philosophy especially.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Getoriks wrote:Firstly, it's impractical in a personal sense: a genuine spiritual seeker or philosopher headed for a political career is most likely headed only to his assassination.
Ghandi, the great politician.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Normally I think detachment and "abandoning the world" is actually exactly how to go about things. Sometimes I get a little more enthusiastic and caught up in things and feel like I should be doing something, but that lasts for about a minute and its worst result is a non-serious post. Such activity is really only for the worldly.