"Can men mother?" is the wrong question.

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
Gremln

"Can men mother?" is the wrong question.

Post by Gremln »

A while ago I was at my university and I saw a poster on the wall that had many sociology-related questions on it. One of these questions was "Can men mother?". This question was accompanied by a photo of a man holding an infant.

People who ask the question "Can men mother?" are asking the wrong question. We live in a world where the female sex is associated with giving comfort and emotional support to children. When people say the verb "mother" that are saying "give comfort and emotional support to children."

The idea that giving emotional support to children is a female activity is a lie and a dangerous lie. In Sweden, most males in prison came from fatherless homes and fathers face discrimination on Swedish divorce courts. I learned all this from a heroic YouTube user called "DaddyChildSewden".

His YouTube Channel
VVV
http://www.youtube.com/user/DaddyChildSweden

In the past, people believed that women were weak but also more kind and nurturing than men. The idea that women are weak has been discarded by the west due to feminism but the idea that women are kind and nurturing still persists. There will never be any true justice in the west until the idea that women are nurturers is discarded as well. This will create a new male-friendly world, but it won't be the same as the last one. It will be more logical, reasonable, and free of myth.
Cahoot

Re: "Can men mother?" is the wrong question.

Post by Cahoot »

I don't know, man.

A woman wrote this tune.
The same woman sings it.
A woman narrates a short voice-over.

They all sound nurturing and kind.
Is nurturing and kind merely a matter of technique, or is it an undercurrent of truth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-VK0hFrPUA