Will representative democracy survive till 2050?

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
Gremln

Will representative democracy survive till 2050?

Post by Gremln »

Some conservatives that I talk to on the internet tell me that conservatives used to be sane but are now becoming increasingly insane. I agree.

"Deport all liberals."
-Chuck Norris

"Liberals hate America, they hate flag-wavers, they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam, post 9/11. Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do."
-Ann Coulter

Democracy comes from the values of The Enlightenment. The philosophers of the enlightenment loved to question things and discuss things - that is why they created modern democracy. The political arena is now full of people who do very little questioning and are totally cocksure of themselves.

I don't think that we will still have representative democracy in 40 years. I don't think that representative democracy can survive in an environment with so many cocksure people. Someday the majority of the political people will just come out as opponents of voting.
IanB

Re: Will representative democracy survive till 2050?

Post by IanB »

Gremln wrote:I don't think that we will still have representative democracy in 40 years.
That would suggest that you think you still have it now.

Interesting opinion ;)

IanB ~
WildBliss.com Are you?