What is your definition of LOGIC?

Post questions or suggestions here.
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Re: What is your definition of LOGIC?

Post by mental vagrant »

Tomas wrote:
GodsDaughter1 wrote:GodsDaughter asks: Tell me why you are sick of hearing about Jesus?
Come on, Donna. Of all the years you've been at Genius how many in-depth discussions have you had regarding jesus with any one here?

People weren't born yesterday, if one lives anywhere where churches are located jesus lives there. Jesus is a permanent resident in every county jail, federal prisons in Timbuktu, ha! he's been there and done some serious hard time time. Bibles are everywhere and convicts find jesus and tell their attorney jesus has shown them the way they've turned their squalid life around. They're never coming back .. but if they do jesus will be waiting for them in the lower bunk.

Jesus is gay, he's straight, he's even a lesbian, he's a cross dresser, he's into sheep, he's bi-sexual, he's arisen, he's transsexual, he wants a hug, he gets on one knee and prays with aliens that have bony fingers, he's....................

Jesus is into sleeping bags - wanna join Her? She sleeps naked because I've slept with her. She's my girlfriend.
I'll take that action! As long as she only hasn't got polar bears in her beard :P
unbound
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

GodsDaughter1 wrote:
Tomas wrote:
GodsDaughter1 wrote:GodsDaughter asks: Tell me why you are sick of hearing about Jesus?
Come on, Donna. Of all the years you've been at Genius how many in-depth discussions have you had regarding jesus with any one here?

People weren't born yesterday, if one lives anywhere where churches are located jesus lives there. Jesus is a permanent resident in every county jail, federal prisons in Timbuktu, ha! he's been there and done some serious hard time time. Bibles are everywhere and convicts find jesus and tell their attorney jesus has shown them the way they've turned their squalid life around. They're never coming back .. but if they do jesus will be waiting for them in the lower bunk.

Jesus is gay, he's straight, he's even a lesbian, he's a cross dresser, he's into sheep, he's bi-sexual, he's arisen, he's transsexual, he wants a hug, he gets on one knee and prays with aliens that have bony fingers, he's....................

Jesus is into sleeping bags - wanna join Her? She sleeps naked because I've slept with her. She's my girlfriend.
GodsDaughter says: I did say I was a lunatic, because I know I am, however, I also know that I did indeed have two Alien encounters, and there's nothing lunatic about that, because it is authentic. And yes, you are carrying the story around with you Tomas so you must believe in it's authenticity, or do you always talk about things you don't believe in? I didn't actually see long bony fingers on the alien, I assumed they were the aliens long bony fingers covering my face that night. As for Jesus, I know I am not Jesus, but, I have the love of Jesus within me. I just wanted to see what my friend would respond with!
I'm bored of the obsession others seem to dwell in. He had/s a place, but there are soo many of us, sure much of what people say and do is Anaconda shit but it swallowed pirates, treasure n'all sorts. ARRR!
unbound
schopen84

Post by schopen84 »

Logic is what Aristotle and Frege say it is. Its just a game of deduction based on a set of rules like chess. You can say some pretty crazy stuff logically, that makes no sense intuitively, common sensically, or neurobiologically. Basically its just a knife to cut up a sentence you already have, you can keep what you got, but nothing new will come outta it. But don't confuse logic with reason or rationality. Logic is neither, it is just a specific set of rules.
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

schopen84 wrote:Logic is what Aristotle and Frege say it is. Its just a game of deduction based on a set of rules like chess. You can say some pretty crazy stuff logically, that makes no sense intuitively, common sensically, or neurobiologically. Basically its just a knife to cut up a sentence you already have, you can keep what you got, but nothing new will come outta it. But don't confuse logic with reason or rationality. Logic is neither, it is just a specific set of rules.
GodsDaughter says: So logic is deduction based on a set of rules, I'd like to know what those rules are. I thought logic was reasoning ability. Here I am bragging about having reasoning ability only to find out it's not that. So you deduct what it isn't, is that it?
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

schopen84 wrote:Logic is what Aristotle and Frege say it is. Its just a game of deduction based on a set of rules like chess. You can say some pretty crazy stuff logically, that makes no sense intuitively, common sensically, or neurobiologically. Basically its just a knife to cut up a sentence you already have, you can keep what you got, but nothing new will come outta it. But don't confuse logic with reason or rationality. Logic is neither, it is just a specific set of rules.
Yep, logic is more often repetition of formula, used once, twice, again..
unbound
zarathustra

Post by zarathustra »

The definition of logic is vote for Ron Paul....The US preliminary elections are extremely important. If any of the 'corporate bought and paid for' candidates win and manage to bring the fascist Obama government down, then just like Obama, they too will lead the US and the whole world towards WW3. It doesn't matter what you call yourself: a Buddhist, Communist, Liberal, Left wing, Right wing. If Paul is defeated, all bets for a peaceful future ARE OFF...The only candidate who is campaigning against this slide towards Armageddon is Ron Paul, whose policies are as follows:

* Withdraw all US troops from all countries.

* Audit the Federal Reserve and close it down.

* Repeal the Patriot Act and all other draconian acts that have violated the constitution and the rights of freedom of speech and personal liberties.

* Withdraw all monetary support for overseas countries, including Israel.

I appeal to everyone who visits this site to support Ron Paul. If you're an American, spread the word, donate to his campaign and vote for him. If you are living in another country donate and spread the word. The scenario developing in the Middle East is frightening. Nuclear strikes are being discussed and Russia and China are siding with Iran.

Peace