Why are women given more attention over men? Blog #1

Post questions or suggestions here.
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

Why are women getting more attention over men, while men don't receive enough? These observations are very real coming from an analytical mind.

Advertisements such as "Girls are the answer, so are YOU" etches on the mind like you're special in some way. One wonders why such words are advertised, what's behind these questioning words, to what depth do they go?

It makes one wonder why men are not given the same attention when they should receive it! It seems men are men's best friends, men seem to understand men. Men generally respect one another until one proves himself unworthy of that respect.

Women are redeemed in high status, why all the promotion of women are questions people are asking. It's as though some kind of observation of women is on today's agenda, for the purpose of the outcome.

Men should be given the same observatory attention.
GodsDaughter1

Re: Does DNA knowledge determine a murderer? Blog #2

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

Does DNA knowledge determine a murderer?

What I mean is can the DNA structure of someone incline them or not to be a murderer?

Would the science labs have this information?

What causes someone to lose-their-senses enough to murder, in other words who is responsible for murder, man or DNA?

http://forestagump.blogspot.com/
Blair

Post by Blair »

GodsDaughter1 wrote:What causes someone to lose-their-senses enough to murder
95% of the time it's due to believing in an imaginary being in the sky...
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Blair wrote:
But's that's only on Christmas Eve...
GodsDaughter1

Re: Why are women given more attention over men? Blog #1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

Blairs right, some murderers say God's voice told them to do it. They're delusional--seriously fucked up!

But, what's Christmas Eve got to do with it?

But, a second-hand emotion!
GodsDaughter1

If one would only listen! Blog 3

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

If one would only listen!

"A fleeing Taliban, desperate for water, was plodding through the Afghan desert when he saw something far off in the distance. Hoping to find water, he hurried toward the oasis, only to find a little old Jewish man at a small stand, selling ties. The Taliban asked, "Do you have water? The Jewish man replied, "I have no water. Would you like to buy a tie? They are only $5. The Taliban shouted, "You Idiot! I do not need an over-priced tie... I need water! I should kill you, but, I must find water first!" "OK," said the little old Jewish man, "It does not matter that you do not want to buy a tie and that you hate me. I will show you that I am bigger than that. If you continue over that hill to the east for about two miles, you will find a lovely restaurant. It has all the ice cold water you want....Shalom. Cursing, the Taliban staggered away over the hill. Several hours later he staggered back, almost dead, and said: "Your brother won't let me in without a tie.....""
Last edited by GodsDaughter1 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
GodsDaughter1

I decided to get in touch with a Literary Agent on Oct.4th.2

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

I decided to get in touch with a Literary Agent on Oct.4th 2011

Yes, an agent is what I need I decided. She/he can help me with numerous ideas, decisions needed to get my book published.

First, I was working with a publishing consultant, but, they were only interested in money, not in my book.

An agent will lead me down the right path in publishing with exactly the right publisher. We will work intensely together bringing everything into perspective for publication. The best part about seeking an agent is that they are paid when I am. It doesn't get any better than that!

I plan to be a best seller like Harry Potter, then, I'll continue to produce bigger and better for my readers!
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

I plan to be a best seller like Harry Potter,
Donna? Don't you mean a bestseller like J.K. Rawling...? Writers have to pay attention to what they write. I keep telling you that.
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

For the first time, Health Canada is encouraging parents to limit their children's use of cellphone to reduce their exposure to the radiofrequency energy emitted by the phones.

In new guidelines issued Wednesday, the agency said it is actively "encouraging" parents of children under the age of 18 to limit their children's exposure to cellphone radiation through the following steps

•Replace cell phone calls with text messages
•Use "hands-free" devices
•Limit the length of cellphone calls
As for adults, Health Canada "reminds" them that they can take these measures too.

The agency noted in its statement that the effects of cellphone radiation on kids remain largely unexplored.

"There is currently a lack of scientific information regarding the potential health impacts of cell phones on children," the agency says.

Health Canada says the current evidence linking radiofrequency energy and cancer "is far from conclusive." More research is needed to clarify the "possible" link, it said.

James McNamee, the division chief for health effects and assessments in Health Canada's bureau of consumer and clinical radiation protection, insists the change in advice is subtle.

"The advice to Canadians is largely the same. The science hasn't really changed. Health Canada's just being a little more proactive on this, in a nutshell," he told The Canadian Press.

The new recommendations stem from a decision by the International Agency for Research on Cancer, the cancer arm of the World Health Organization, to classify the radiation from cellphones as "possibly carcinogenic" to humans.

IARC announced its decision in May, after reviewing dozens of published studies on the matter. It said there was enough data showing a possible increased risk for a type of brain cancer called glioma to justify the classification.

IARC placed cellphone radiation into its 2B category, which also includes the pesticide Still, Health Canada isn't ready to spell out limits for cellphone use. Nor did it mention having any plans to change the safety regulations for cellphones.

In its statement Wednesday, Health Canada left the door open for further updates in its advice.

"Health Canada scientists continually review scientific studies in this area to ensure safety guidelines are sufficient for the protection of the health and safety of Canadians. The guidelines were updated in 2009, and the next update is planned for 2012."
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

cousinbasil wrote:
I plan to be a best seller like Harry Potter,
Donna? Don't you mean a bestseller like J.K. Rawling...? Writers have to pay attention to what they write. I keep telling you that.
GodsDaughter says: Yeah, you're right cousinbasil--Thank you. I need to pay attention to what I write, I expect people to understand me. The ones who don't understand me are intolerable, insufferable boors, you're not one-of-them, as you are doing me good through occasional reminding.
GodsDaughter1

I've decided to CHANGE for the betterment of myself, you can

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

I've decided to CHANGE for the betterment of myself, you can too!

LESSON 1

No more yap yapping about how I'm going to do this or that, I'm getting nowhere with no ACTION to my words.

Step 1. Take that yip yapping and turn it into ACTION by DOING, talking doesn't DO, ACTION DOES Do!

Step 2. Prepare for the ACTION coming in return of my ACTION!

Step 3. Never give procrastination another chance to inhibit my efforts, continue ACTION of thoughts!

Change comes with making an effort to change long-time habits, habits which literally make you a victim of circumstance or to yourself.

I plan to change from a needy, disability dependent, to a self-reliant, self-sufficient, productive community member! I will do this by following my own three Steps. I realize I have potential to be a best-selling Author, in which I shall use this gift as a benefit to me. Amen!
Blair

Post by Blair »

cousinbasil wrote:
Blair wrote:
{chuckle}
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

cousinbasil wrote:
Blair wrote:
Surface to air missile takes out Santa.

Sorry, reindeer. You're for dinner.

Emeril's doing the cooking.

PS - Kick it up a notch.
Don't run to your death
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

Donna Thompson Penticton BC
said
11 3

What sheer trivial pettiness not worth all the attention this nonsense has stirred up. Wouldn't it have been more sophisticated to take a more diplomatic and respectful approach to this matter, like talk behind closed doors, or does everything including one's clothing attire need to be mentioned and made public in a subtle denouncing way as if to imply it is disrespectful to show cleavage. It would be disrespectful to show nipple or wear sleazy cheap clothing. Let's not confuse our premier with street people. It is disrespectful to even bring this nonsense to light. Someone is operating on low-watt voltage here, as there are far more important political issues and ideas to discuss that merit the public's attention, over the cleavage of our premier. Leave the giants alone and look in your own back yard before you cut someone else's hedge!

My response directed at David Schreck New Democrat's comment to BC's Premier Christy Clarks cleavage.

The 11 3 means 11 for and 3 against
CTV.ca Local station-- British Columbia

Here is the story.

B.C.'s premier says the suggestion that her cleavage-revealing outfit in the provincial legislature this week was inappropriate is "unfair criticism" that dissuades young girls from entering politics.

Christy Clark's V-neck, which she wore underneath a blazer, led former New Democrat MLA David Schreck to issue a Tweet during question period Wednesday critiquing the premier's choice of attire.

On Friday, Clark told reporters she is "used to stupid criticism," but Schreck's comments could have a cooling effect on efforts to encourage women to enter the political arena.

"We all want our daughters to be willing to step up and be leaders someday," Clark said. "I don't think we can groom a lot of young female leaders if this is the level of comment we have."

NDP Leader Adrian Dix called on Schreck to apologize for his comments, but the longtime party supporter refused.

"I've declined that opportunity," Schreck said Thursday. "I think my position is not sexist, I think it is correct – that there is appropriate dress for appropriate occasions."

Schreck said his Tweet, which read "Is Premier Clark's cleavage revealing attire appropriate for the legislature?" has been misrepresented as a sexist attack on women and an unfair characterization of female politicians.

But both male and female MLAs are subject to a strict dress code in the legislature, he added.

"If you come into the legislature as a man without a tie, the Sergeant-at-Arms will approach you and tell you to leave," Schreck said.

"Certainly if you're representing the province as the premier, you dress for the occasion – and showing substantial cleavage is not appropriate."

Female politicians from both the provincial Liberal and NDP parties have expressed disappointment at Schreck's comments, saying they highlight the unfortunate differences between how male and female politicians are treated.

Former NDP Leader Carole James said she used to receive regular letters criticizing her hairstyle or wardrobe choices.

Last month, an Ontario MP found herself at the centre of controversy when it was discovered her official House of Commons photo had been airbrushed to remove her cleavage.

Rathika Sitsabaiesan said she was troubled by the amount of coverage the edited image garnered, saying it suggests women are objectified in politics.

Both Clark and Schreck have said they hope to draw attention back to more pertinent issues.

"We should be talking about creating jobs because that's what British Columbians want to see," Clark said.
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

GodsDaughter1

Jokes...laughs, ha ha

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

Jokes...laughs, ha ha

This old man constantly stares at this teenager with his hair styled into a mohawk dyed red. The teen becomes aggravated and walks up to the old guy and says, "Why are you gawking at me, haven't you ever done anything crazy in your life"?

The old guy says "Yeah, I did, I fucked a chicken once and I thought you were my kid"
______________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by GodsDaughter1 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

Donna Thompson Penticton BC
said
31 14

Marijuana shouldn't be considered a crime and only those who smoke it and cause a crime while under the influence should be charged. The stuff is enjoyed world-wide, it's silly to continue to bust people like Marc Emery when the whole world is guilty for the crime of consuming it. People have the choice of consuming it or not whether it's illegal or not, no one will ever be able to stop people from consuming the stuff, it's a world-wide enjoyment and will always be. Alcohol should be banned, it causes more problems and death than anything else, but, it's acceptable because it's legal to drink the gut rot poison. Is death acceptable when problems arise from consuming alcohol, when families are broken up, children are neglected or abused and automobile accidents kill people from drunkeness. No one enjoys a nasty hangover the next day when people swear they'll never touch another drink as long as they live. Marijuana should be legalized, taxed and controlled, because it cannot be controlled while illegal!
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

because men don't have the confidence to not give it to them.

as for murderers, based solely on differences in beliefs and rationality. when instincts overpower how we learned to behave. it's just a matter of how tightly the mask is fastened to cover up the monsters we are hiding.
GodsDaughter1

Mother and Daughter share same husband....in today's world!

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

My Mom And I Share The Same Husband
A mother and daughter having sex with the same man may sound hard to believe, but it's a necessity for women in one Bangladeshi tribe. Not that they're thrilled about it

As a child in rural Bangladesh, Orola Dalbot, 28, liked growing up around her mother's second husband, Noten. Her father had died when she was small, and her mother had remarried. Noten was handsome, with a broad smile. "I thought my mother was lucky," Orola says. "I hoped I'd find a husband like him." When she hit puberty, however, Orola learned the truth she least expected: She was already Noten's wife. Her wedding had occurred when she was 3 years old, in a joint ceremony with her mother. Following tradition in the matrilineal Mandi tribe, mother and daughter had married the same man.

"I wanted to run away when I found out," says Orola, sitting in the sunbaked courtyard of her family home in north-central Bangladesh. "I was shaking with disbelief." Orola's mother, Mittamoni, now 50, told her she must accept it. Among the Mandi, a remote hill tribe in Bangladesh and India, widows who wish to remarry must choose a man from the same clan as their dead husband. The only single males, however, are often much younger. So the custom evolved that a widow would offer one of her daughters as a second bride to take over her duties — including sex — when the daughter came of age.

"My mother was only 25 when my father died. She wasn't ready to be single," says Orola, swathed in a vibrant blue pashmina. The tribe offered Noten, then 17, as Mittamoni's new husband, on the condition that he marry Orola, too. "I was too small to remember the wedding — I had no idea it had taken place," Orola says. Devastated to discover that she was expected to share her own mother's husband, she says, "My mother already had two children with him. I wanted a husband of my own."

The situation was doubly unjust in Orola's eyes because ethnic Mandi women usually choose their own partners. The tribe's matrilineal structure means that women are the heads of household, and all property is passed down the female line. Women make the first romantic move and propose marriage. "I was excited about finding the right man," says Orola.

In recent years, many observers assumed the mother-daughter marriage custom had died out. Catholic missionaries have converted 90 per cent of the tribe's 25,000 Bangladeshi members, and many once-accepted Mandi practices are now taboo. These include the rare custom of "groom kidnapping," in which Mandi women abduct potential husbands. Yet, while there are no official figures, one local leader claims there are "numerous" families who still follow the mother-daughter custom. "People stay quiet about it because having more than one wife is frowned on by the church," says Shulekha Mrong, head of Achik Michik, a powerful women's group run by Mandi female elders.

Today, Orola Dalbot is the mother of three children with Noten: a 13-year-old boy, a 6-year-old girl, and an 18-month-old girl. (Orola's mother has a son and daughter with Noten.) The family lives in a cluster of mud houses in a village with no electricity or running water. The nearest town consists of a single row of ramshackle stalls selling cooking oil and candles. Orola and Mittamoni jointly own a few acres of land, from which they make a modest living cultivating pineapples and bananas.

The three-way marital arrangement grew tense when Noten began sleeping with Orola when she was 15. "My mother knew it was inevitable that we'd have sex. But he quickly began to prefer me to her, and she hated it," Orola says. In a whisper — Mittamoni is nearby — Orola relates how her mother once slipped some wild herbs into her food to make her vomit. "While I was ill, she seized the chance to spend the night with Noten. She really loved him."

The rivalry ruined their mother-daughter bond. "She stopped being my mother," Orola says. "I couldn't turn to her for advice anymore. I felt betrayed and abandoned." Orola rebelled against her new role, taking off on solo day trips to the district capital of Madhupur to go shopping and watch Bengali movies. "I used some of the family money to buy gold jewelry," she says. "I knew I'd never have a man of my own to buy gifts for me, so I bought some for myself."

Orola became alienated from her girlfriends as well. "They spent all their time gossiping about boys, and I couldn't join in," she says. Since Mandi communities are usually very close-knit, her intense isolation drove her to consider suicide. But she soon became pregnant with her first child, giving her "a new purpose," she says.

Mittamoni, a statuesque woman, listens without apparent emotion as Orola talks. Does she feel guilty hearing Orola's words? "No, I don't," says Mittamoni. "The marriage was necessary. I couldn't have managed alone after my first husband died." Noten was the only bachelor available — most Mandis marry around the age of 18 — so she had no choice but to allow him to wed Orola as well. "It was our clan elders' decision, not mine," she adds. She says she protected Orola until she grew up, and that sharing a husband was tough for her, too. "I had to step aside when Noten grew affectionate with Orola, and that was very painful," she says. Noten, who is also present, throws his hands in the air as if to say, "Don't put me in the middle of this." The gesture is so lightning fast that it's obvious he uses it on a regular basis.

But the point of co-marriage is not simply to satisfy the husband's sexual needs. Most marital practices around the world that involve multiple spouses have more to do with power and economics than sex, and the Mandi tribe (also known as the Garo tribe) is no exception. Since the Mandis are matrilineal, the idea that a man should marry a widow and her daughter is designed to safeguard the property-owning female lineages of both sides of the family. A Mandi marriage represents the consolidation of wealth between two clan lines. As a widow, Mittamoni was obliged to remarry within her first husband's clan to ensure that the union remain intact. The point of her daughter's marrying the same man helps guarantee two things: first, that the family has a fertile young woman to produce children to add to its wealth, and second, that the wife's clan holds onto its power, as her daughter protects her property when she dies.

Female elder Shulekha Mrong, a majestic-looking woman in a burnt-orange sarong, understands such clan issues, yet she opposes mother-daughter marriages. "The custom is a great injustice against young girls," she says. "They're denied choice, and it's psychologically damaging to share a husband with their own mother." She cites recent cases where young women have bolted from such arrangements, fleeing to Dhaka to work as maids or beauticians. "Mandi girls want to have genuine love relationships these days," she says.

Parvin Rema, 35, agrees. When she was 13, she and her widowed mother jointly married an 18-year-old man. "I thought my life was ruined after the wedding," she says. "My mother was 36. I didn't understand why she wanted such a young husband." But Parvin, a feisty character with a prematurely lined forehead, quickly used her wiles to become the household's alpha female. "My mother slept with our husband for the first three years. But as soon as I was old enough, I made sure he lost interest in her. I cooked him delicious curries and never refused him sex."

After a few years, she gave birth to a daughter, Nita, who is now 13. Motherhood brought powerful emotions to the surface. "When I look at Nita, I can't believe my mother forced me into this kind of marriage," Parvin says. "I feel angry and sad. How could she do that to her daughter?" Parvin is determined to make sure Nita has more life choices. "Nita is so full of hope," says Parvin. "I want her to go to college, and to decide who and when she marries."

Nita is currently studying hard at school, where she is teased by her classmates because of her unusual family setup — another reason Parvin fervently wants the tradition abolished. But she also wants her daughter to be proud of her Mandi heritage. "Mandi women have run this tribe for centuries," she says. "Now it's up to Nita's generation to ensure we run it even better in the future."

More from Marie Claire