The night I could have died!

Post questions or suggestions here.
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

My daughter Jamie-lyn and I sat at the kitchen table reminiscing the past, I drank coffee while she sipped on orange juice. Steve her sixteen-year-old-boyfriend was melting hot wax in the microwave in a cup.

No one noticed Steve place his cup next to my coffee. I grabbed my cup and took a big gulp of hot wax.

It felt like an explosion inside my mouth, the exploding sensation was the saliva making direct contact with the hot wax creating a burning sizzling feeling in my mouth. It was the saliva which prevented a serious burn.

Wax filled the holes in my teeth, covered the roof of my mouth and cheeks. I could have died that night many years ago, had I swallowed that hot wax. The wax would have solidified down my throat blocking the breathing passage.

All because a sixteen-year-old was pulling a prank on me!

Donna Thompson
Last edited by GodsDaughter1 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cousinbasil

Re: The night I could have died!

Post by cousinbasil »

GD1 wrote:No one noticed Steve place his cup next to my coffee. I grabbed my cup and took a big gulp of hot wax.
This is like one of those Three Stooges bits where one of the boys puts a cup of black paint on the counter next to the coffee Shemp is drinking. Shemp picks the paint up by mistake, takes a big gulp, spits it out and says, "That tastes like paint!" "It is paint, you numb-skull," says Moe. Then Shemp picks up his coffee, takes a sip, coughs it out and points to the paint. "That one's better!"
I could have died that night many years ago, had I swallowed that hot wax. The wax would have solidified down my throat blocking the breathing passage.
Your esophagus is where the wax would have solidified. Your windpipe is next to it. But sometimes things do "go down the wrong pipe."
All because a sixteen-year-old was pulling a prank on me! The little son-of-bitch!
If he did it on purpose, you should have strangled him.
GodsDaughter1

Re: The night I could have died!

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

cousinbasil wrote:
GD1 wrote:No one noticed Steve place his cup next to my coffee. I grabbed my cup and took a big gulp of hot wax.
This is like one of those Three Stooges bits where one of the boys puts a cup of black paint on the counter next to the coffee Shemp is drinking. Shemp picks the paint up by mistake, takes a big gulp, spits it out and says, "That tastes like paint!" "It is paint, you numb-skull," says Moe. Then Shemp picks up his coffee, takes a sip, coughs it out and points to the paint. "That one's better!"
I could have died that night many years ago, had I swallowed that hot wax. The wax would have solidified down my throat blocking the breathing passage.
Your esophagus is where the wax would have solidified. Your windpipe is next to it. But sometimes things do "go down the wrong pipe."
All because a sixteen-year-old was pulling a prank on me! The little son-of-bitch!
If he did it on purpose, you should have strangled him.

GodsDaughter1 says: There was no time to strangle the little bastard, I was to busy picking wax out from my mouth all night. At the time I thought he did it on purpose, and I ridiculed him while he laughed his fool face off. I pulled big chunks from the roof of my mouth, and had to pick it from between my teeth all evening.

Well, it's comforting to know that I might have still been able to breathe, had I swallowed that hot wax. Oh, and incidently, I never missed an episode of The Three Stooges, I thought they were all so stupid yet I watched them faithfully.