I was invited to GEIST magazine decennial class photo shoot

Post questions or suggestions here.
GodsDaughter1

I was invited to GEIST magazine decennial class photo shoot

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

I was invited to GEIST magazine decennial class photo shoot..

But, I sorrowfully regret not making it, as time approached nearer I couldn't seem to get my sh.t together enough to make this event happen, although, I had means to get there.

I feel so sad about not being there, I realize I let an opportunity of a lifetime go past me, when I could have made it happen. I continue to badger myself as to why I couldn't pull my sh.t together. I can hardly bear the regret that continues to bug the piss out of me. It's like I won't allow myself to accept invitations or exhaltment or enjoyment of any kind. What is wrong with me that I didn't make this happen when I wanted it so much? I'm so mad at myself, I think I'd prefer somebody else mad at me to this. I'm my own worst enemy, I won't leave myself alone, it's like I'm bugging myself crazy. I need a diversion, something else to entertain my brain then allowing myself to bug myself to this extent.
Tomas

Re: I was invited to GEIST magazine decennial class photo sh

Post by Tomas »

Yes Donna. I'll be praying that Jesus comes to you as an alien and kneels by your bed and blesses you with Holy Water dipped from the Salton Sea.

And that Cousin Basil (Brokenhead) proposes marriage to you. You two are clearly a match Made In Heaven. What a glorious day that will be!

Ten Hail Mary's and Seven Mules For Sister Sarah.

May the force be with you and brokie.

I now pronounce you husband and wife.....
Don't run to your death
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

Tomas wrote:Yes Donna. I'll be praying that Jesus comes to you as an alien and kneels by your bed and blesses you with Holy Water dipped from the Salton Sea.

And that Cousin Basil (Brokenhead) proposes marriage to you. You two are clearly a match Made In Heaven. What a glorious day that will be!

Ten Hail Mary's and Seven Mules For Sister Sarah.

May the force be with you and brokie.

I now pronounce you husband and wife.....

GodsDaughter says: I have to be in love with a man to marry him, I don't even know what cousinbasil's face looks like, not that that matters, because really it's in the compatibility that counts, how well you fit together. I like cousinbasil though, he sticks up for me I noticed. So cousinbasil and brokenhead are one of the same? I didn't know that, thanks for telling me.

How are you doing Tomas?

I read your poem posts quite often, but I seldom reply unless it is your actual poetry.

So Tomas I see you reside in North Dakota, we went through North Dakota and South Dakota a few years back. Connecticut is interesting with their huge mansion size houses.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-Gods #1 Daughter says-
I have to be in love with a man to marry him,

-tomas-
He's the one for'ya, honey. You'll have him trained in no time.

-God's #1 Daughter-
I don't even know what cousinbasil's face looks like,

-tomas-
Looks can be deceiving.

-God's #1 Daughter-
not that that matters,

-tomas-
That's the spirit :-)

-God's #1 Daughter-
because really it's in the compatibility that counts,

-tomas-
Opposites attract!

-God's #1 Daughter-
how well you fit together.

-tomas-
You both like to write and filter the nuances. A couple'a real snake charmers.

-God's #1 Daughter-
I like cousinbasil though,

-tomas-
Yup, he's hot ;-)

-God's #1 Daughter-
he sticks up for me I noticed.

-tomas-
That's not the only thing that's sticking up for you ..

-God's #1 Daughter-
So cousinbasil and brokenhead are one of the same?

-tomas-
Go back and read brokenhead's (cousinbasil's alter-ego) responses to you. Same language style .. the soft cooing and purring.

-God's #1 Daughter-
I didn't know that, thanks for telling me.

-tomas-
That's what internet (fly-by-night) friends are for.

-God's #1 Daughter-
How are you doing Tomas?

-tomas-
I have a mail-order "Reverend license" I got from some outfit outta Oregon. Legal in all 50 states. You'll have to move to the States to make the marriage legal, though.

Thinking about when I hafta renew my driver's license I should have the "Reverend" attached before my first name.

On the side, I can directly contact God (or, if he ain't too busy, maybe even Jesus*) so I can have my speeding tickets rescinded so that St. Peter will allow me in on a first-come, first-serve access to those Pearly Gates of Heaven. I'll put in a good word for you, Donna.

I'll have no need to confess my (perceived) sins on Judgment Day, that'd be for the little people. I don't count as one of them...

***Jesus has been gone some 2,000 years now. He musta found more important things to do than piddle-paddle with the puny human beings, you know, your-kinda-people. (I have a Reverend license so I don't count in that equation.) My understanding he'll be kicking ass and taking names this time around.

Rumor has it though, he's coming along on those alien spaceships with Comet Elenin. Comet Elenin is due to arrive on September 11, 2011. That is, its closest encounter (perihelion-wise) with the Sun.

Some Russian dude, Leo Elenin, who is officially credited with discovering this comet a while back. It's arriving out of the costellation of Leo.

You see, there are four "ships" flying in the tail of what some say, is an artificial comet.

Yeah, yeah. NASA and all the spook agencies of the world government's know all about this.

The other theory is that it is the third of the fallen angels, coming back to do The Final Battle.

Are you ready?
Don't run to your death
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

Tomas wrote:.

-Gods #1 Daughter says-
I have to be in love with a man to marry him,

-tomas-
He's the one for'ya, honey. You'll have him trained in no time.

-God's #1 Daughter-
I don't even know what cousinbasil's face looks like,

-tomas-
Looks can be deceiving.

-God's #1 Daughter-
not that that matters,

-tomas-
That's the spirit :-)

-God's #1 Daughter-
because really it's in the compatibility that counts,

-tomas-
Opposites attract!

-God's #1 Daughter-
how well you fit together.

-tomas-
You both like to write and filter the nuances. A couple'a real snake charmers.

-God's #1 Daughter-
I like cousinbasil though,

-tomas-
Yup, he's hot ;-)

-God's #1 Daughter-
he sticks up for me I noticed.

-tomas-
That's not the only thing that's sticking up for you ..

-God's #1 Daughter-
So cousinbasil and brokenhead are one of the same?

-tomas-
Go back and read brokenhead's (cousinbasil's alter-ego) responses to you. Same language style .. the soft cooing and purring.

-God's #1 Daughter-
I didn't know that, thanks for telling me.

-tomas-
That's what internet (fly-by-night) friends are for.

-God's #1 Daughter-
How are you doing Tomas?

-tomas-
I have a mail-order "Reverend license" I got from some outfit outta Oregon. Legal in all 50 states. You'll have to move to the States to make the marriage legal, though.

GodsDaughter says: No kidding, have you actually married people Tomas?

Thinking about when I hafta renew my driver's license I should have the "Reverend" attached before my first name.

GodsDaughter says: That's a good idea Tomas, absolutely!

On the side, I can directly contact God (or, if he ain't too busy, maybe even Jesus*) so I can have my speeding tickets rescinded so that St. Peter will allow me in on a first-come, first-serve access to those Pearly Gates of Heaven. I'll put in a good word for you, Donna.

GodsDaughter says: God will say to you, "Tomas my son, since you know Donna and she is one of my good children, I'm going to promote you to Greeter of the Pearly Gates of Heaven. Your duty will be to welcome all our new guests for they made it here in Heaven, you assign them to their appropriate positions after you've learned about their lives on Earth.

I'll have no need to confess my (perceived) sins on Judgment Day, that'd be for the little people. I don't count as one of them...

GodsDaughter says: The little people chose to stay little, because they thought they were to little to be big, that is little thinking. Little people need to think bigger to become bigger, that is BIG!

***Jesus has been gone some 2,000 years now. He musta found more important things to do than piddle-paddle with the puny human beings, you know, your-kinda-people. (I have a Reverend license so I don't count in that equation.) My understanding he'll be kicking ass and taking names this time around.

GodsDaughter says: The puny humans are the ones who DENY Jesus! And they are so puny that their lives are meaningless, to the extent that God will wipe them out!

Rumor has it though, he's coming along on those alien spaceships with Comet Elenin. Comet Elenin is due to arrive on September 11, 2011. That is, its closest encounter (perihelion-wise) with the Sun.

GodsDaughter says: I'm gullible enough to believe it.

Some Russian dude, Leo Elenin, who is officially credited with discovering this comet a while back. It's arriving out of the costellation of Leo.

You see, there are four "ships" flying in the tail of what some say, is an artificial comet.

Yeah, yeah. NASA and all the spook agencies of the world government's know all about this.

The other theory is that it is the third of the fallen angels, coming back to do The Final Battle.

Are you ready?
GodsDaughter says: God will prepare and equip me with armor.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

GD1 wrote:GodsDaughter says: I have to be in love with a man to marry him, I don't even know what cousinbasil's face looks like, not that that matters, because really it's in the compatibility that counts, how well you fit together. I like cousinbasil though, he sticks up for me I noticed. So cousinbasil and brokenhead are one of the same? I didn't know that, thanks for telling me.
Tomas still has a bug up is butt, apparently. The only thing I can tell you, Donna, is that I am starting to like this brokenhead GFer more and more, whoever he is. My own head is in one piece, though. Seems like Tomas wants to fix you up with the both of us - men make the worst yentas! - maybe polygamy is encouraged in the Dakotas, who knows. But as you are a God-fearing woman, you would never take two husbands (at the same time), I am sure.
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

cousinbasil wrote:
GD1 wrote:GodsDaughter says: I have to be in love with a man to marry him, I don't even know what cousinbasil's face looks like, not that that matters, because really it's in the compatibility that counts, how well you fit together. I like cousinbasil though, he sticks up for me I noticed. So cousinbasil and brokenhead are one of the same? I didn't know that, thanks for telling me.
Tomas still has a bug up is butt, apparently. The only thing I can tell you, Donna, is that I am starting to like this brokenhead GFer more and more, whoever he is. My own head is in one piece, though. Seems like Tomas wants to fix you up with the both of us - men make the worst yentas! - maybe polygamy is encouraged in the Dakotas, who knows. But as you are a God-fearing woman, you would never take two husbands (at the same time), I am sure.
GodsDaughter says: If I were to ever marry, it would be to one man only. But, I presently, have a few male friends all who respect me and respect each other. There is never any physical fighting or animosity in my presence. I have one man who's eye is on me, but, only one of my eyes is on him.

How about you cousinbasil would you take on two wives? What man wouldn't if he could?
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

GD1 wrote:GodsDaughter says: If I were to ever marry, it would be to one man only. But, I presently, have a few male friends all who respect me and respect each other. There is never any physical fighting or animosity in my presence. I have one man who's eye is on me, but, only one of my eyes is on him.

How about you cousinbasil would you take on two wives? What man wouldn't if he could?
"Take on"? You make it sound like a tag-team match, two against one. Which is what it wold be. I have never been married, though I have cohabited for extended periods. I can't think of a reason why a guy who has never been married would ever want to "take on" two wives.
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

cousinbasil wrote:
GD1 wrote:GodsDaughter says: If I were to ever marry, it would be to one man only. But, I presently, have a few male friends all who respect me and respect each other. There is never any physical fighting or animosity in my presence. I have one man who's eye is on me, but, only one of my eyes is on him. It takes two eyes like two Dove to make marriage happen or continue!

"Take on"? You make it sound like a tag-team match, two against one. Which is what it wold be. I have never been married, though I have cohabited for extended periods. I can't think of a reason why a guy who has never been married would ever want to "take on" two wives.
GodsDaughter says: It must be my Canadian English, I could have termed it differently. After awhile marriage seems to be one against one. Familiarity breeds contempt, unless you're smart enough not to let contempt enter into the scenario at all. Which is why couples need to vent themselves daily, communications is a necessary part of a twosome relationship.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

GD1 wrote:Which is why couples need to vent themselves daily, communications is a necessary part of a twosome relationship.
This sounds dangerously close to pop psychology, which I abhor. By that I mean there are certain things everybody accepts that everybody "knows." By virtue of the fact that the thing is perceived to be commonly accepted before it is even understood, such things take on a life of their own and act to retard the overall spiritual development of the society in which they live, much like a carcinogen in the groundwater. These notions have the characteristics of the all-too-ubiquitous people who are "famous for being famous." Everbody seems to know them, they serve no purpose whatsoever, and nobody seems to know how they got so established. Whereas an idea such as "stop on red and go on green" is a good thing to be out there and be known by everyone, an idea like "couples need to vent themselves daily" is much more problematic. Taken by itself, it quickly becomes "It's okay to vent." I disagree with this simplistic notion wholeheartedly. It makes "venting" as natural as a bodily process of exhalation or elimination. Venting what? The first thought that comes into one's head? Venting where and when and upon whom? The second part of the quote is that communication is necessary to a twosome relationship. This I agree with - but only rarely does "venting" rise to the useful level of communication. They are emphatically not the same. Real communication - and therefore growth and all the good things that result - can only happen in an atmosphere in which people are not venting all the time. Remember that if you say something to get it out of your head or off your chest, you are usually putting it on someone else's.
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

cousinbasil wrote:
GD1 wrote:Which is why couples need to vent themselves daily, communications is a necessary part of a twosome relationship.
This sounds dangerously close to pop psychology, which I abhor. By that I mean there are certain things everybody accepts that everybody "knows." By virtue of the fact that the thing is perceived to be commonly accepted before it is even understood, such things take on a life of their own and act to retard the overall spiritual development of the society in which they live, much like a carcinogen in the groundwater. These notions have the characteristics of the all-too-ubiquitous people who are "famous for being famous." Everbody seems to know them, they serve no purpose whatsoever, and nobody seems to know how they got so established. Whereas an idea such as "stop on red and go on green" is a good thing to be out there and be known by everyone, an idea like "couples need to vent themselves daily" is much more problematic. Taken by itself, it quickly becomes "It's okay to vent." I disagree with this simplistic notion wholeheartedly. It makes "venting" as natural as a bodily process of exhalation or elimination. Venting what? The first thought that comes into one's head? Venting where and when and upon whom? The second part of the quote is that communication is necessary to a twosome relationship. This I agree with - but only rarely does "venting" rise to the useful level of communication. They are emphatically not the same. Real communication - and therefore growth and all the good things that result - can only happen in an atmosphere in which people are not venting all the time. Remember that if you say something to get it out of your head or off your chest, you are usually putting it on someone else's.
GodsDaughter says: I can't argue this, this is not something I can argue because it is your opinion, all I can do is add my own opinion to it. I see and understand what you are saying "rarely does "venting" rise to the useful level of communication" if a person is complaining venting, they have a serious issue that needs to be discussed, but, if they complain constantly than the partner should flock off and leave the fucking complainer to vent to the stinky toilet because it's shit anyway. I can't stand fucking complainers and when I think of the word 'vent' I think 'complainer'. You know what, I can see this from your perspective, if a person has to vent than they are not doing a very good job at communication, I just realized it now, thanks to your input!