Misinterpreted

Post questions or suggestions here.
GodsDaughter1

Misinterpreted

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

Misinterpreted

What do you suppose causes people to misinterpret people, perhaps the inability to understand others level of expression be it educated or uneducated. More clarity is needed; it seems the usage of simplicity is more universally understood.

As a paid professional published writer I am misinterpreted at times, therefore, I could try to improve by taking 100% responsibility for being perhaps 20% responsible, which then would be saying that others are 80% responsible for not comprehending simplicity and clarity.

Educational terminology is naturally misunderstood by the uneducated and vise versa. The uneducated not having ability to perceive what's not understood, thus, creating self-expression to be misunderstood also, otherwise, how could understanding come from misunderstanding, it can't, unless understood.

I must stop writing my thoughts now, because, I'm being severely annoyed by the fire alarm alarming every few minutes. The fire inspection is inspecting all fire alarms in everyone's apartments today.
Dan Rowden

Re: Misinterpreted

Post by Dan Rowden »

There are numerous reasons why misinterpretation happens, one of which is that sometimes we are just not properly understood. That's just a simple fact of life. Clarity helps but cannot be expected to make us immune to others not understanding concepts that seem entirely clear to ourselves. I never cease to be amazed, for example, at how many people don't grasp the point or significance of something as obvious as A=A.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

GD1 wrote:As a paid professional published writer I am misinterpreted at times, therefore, I could try to improve by taking 100% responsibility for being perhaps 20% responsible, which then would be saying that others are 80% responsible for not comprehending simplicity and clarity.
On the other hand, if you took 50% responsibility for being perhaps 20% responsible, that would make the others 90% responsible for not comprehending simplicity and clarity. I'm just not sure who would be responsible for the other 50%.
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

Dan Rowden wrote:There are numerous reasons why misinterpretation happens, one of which is that sometimes we are just not properly understood. That's just a simple fact of life. Clarity helps but cannot be expected to make us immune to others not understanding concepts that seem entirely clear to ourselves. I never cease to be amazed, for example, at how many people don't grasp the point or significance of something as obvious as A=A.
GodsDaughter says: "I never cease to be amazed, for example, at how many people don't grasp the point or significance of something as obvious as A=A" And the worse of it is when they point out the insignificant things, to give them some significance, and they actually are so insignificant and merit no credibility to the argument. I know someone like this, his thinking is linear thinking, which makes things difficult.
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

cousinbasil wrote:
GD1 wrote:As a paid professional published writer I am misinterpreted at times, therefore, I could try to improve by taking 100% responsibility for being perhaps 20% responsible, which then would be saying that others are 80% responsible for not comprehending simplicity and clarity.
On the other hand, if you took 50% responsibility for being perhaps 20% responsible, that would make the others 90% responsible for not comprehending simplicity and clarity. I'm just not sure who would be responsible for the other 50%.
GodsDaughter says: Well, actually cousinbasil you should take 100% responsibility for any percentage it would be. Even at 50% you're still 100% responsible for that 50%.

The other 50% would be divided among both parties, which would than mean you're both certainly 25% more responsible which in my case at being 20% responsible plus 25% responsible brings it to a total of 45% responsible of 100% which would than mean the other party is 55% responsible plus 25% which brings it to 80% responsibility for them, which than means I'm off the hook, they are more responsible for idiocy!