Education or Environment that Initiates Socialization

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

Education or Environment that Initiates Socialization

Post by mensa-maniac »

Education or Environment that Initiates Socialization?

Or is it within one's self-motivation that prompts one to be social?

Or is it the encouragement of others that prompts one to be social?

It seems humanity as a whole are social beings, that the recluse is the oddball. Being an oddball myself and knowing it, I struggle daily not to be an oddball. I catch myself each time when I'm being an oddball and I feel silly for it, and immediately change the oddball in me, to suit the person I'm speaking with.

Being a recluse doesn't mean that I cannot be social, I'm an expert at being social. I chose to be a recluse from childhood, I didn't wish to follow anyone but myself!
I like to socialize with people, but not for very long. I cannot go to social functions, or places where large crowds gather. I hate going into the grocery store, I don't go to movie theatres or swimming, or anywhere masses of people are.

My main outing is to coffee shops and when I journal for stories. I'm trying to get myself out of reclusive behavior by going to brown bag lectures every tuesday, between 12:00-1:00 which are educated speakers on different topics at lunchtime, so people can bring a lunch with them.

I think being reclusive holds me back from being and doing all I could in life. Something caused my reclusiveness from childhood, I remember crying everyday of my life when I was 5 years old, the neighbor would bet with my oldest brother that I would cry today, my brother tried to persuade me not to cry that day, that he'd give me a dollar if I didn't cry, but I cried anyway. That sadness is still very deep within me, and I don't know what it is. It seldom ever shows itself to me, but it is there nontheless. It may have simply been that I wasn't getting any attention. I have no deep rooted emotional problems, only the sadness reigns within, but even that is starting to subside and leave me, because I haven't felt the sadness for about 3 years now. The emotional happiness within me dominates over the sadness that never did dominate my emotions.

I am well disciplined, but human enough to recognize behavioral inferiority.

Familiararity allows people to put their guards down, to be comfortable with others. People learn to behave themselves around others, because it is others who keep others in-line. But, as a recluse, I keep myself inline, and have the respect of others.
mensa-maniac

Re: Education or Environment that Initiates Socialization

Post by mensa-maniac »

mensa-maniac wrote:Education or Environment that Initiates Socialization?

Or is it within one's self-motivation that prompts one to be social?

Or is it the encouragement of others that prompts one to be social?

It seems humanity as a whole are social beings, that the recluse is the oddball. Being an oddball myself and knowing it, I struggle daily not to be an oddball. I catch myself each time when I'm being an oddball and I feel silly for it, and immediately change the oddball in me, to suit the person I'm speaking with.

Being a recluse doesn't mean that I cannot be social, I'm an expert at being social. I chose to be a recluse from childhood, I didn't wish to follow anyone but myself!
I like to socialize with people, but not for very long. I cannot go to social functions, or places where large crowds gather. I hate going into the grocery store, I don't go to movie theatres or swimming, or anywhere masses of people are.

My main outing is to coffee shops and when I journal for stories. I'm trying to get myself out of reclusive behavior by going to brown bag lectures every tuesday, between 12:00-1:00 which are educated speakers on different topics at lunchtime, so people can bring a lunch with them.

I think being reclusive holds me back from being and doing all I could in life. Something caused my reclusiveness from childhood, I remember crying everyday of my life when I was 5 years old, the neighbor would bet with my oldest brother that I would cry today, my brother tried to persuade me not to cry that day, that he'd give me a dollar if I didn't cry, but I cried anyway. That sadness is still very deep within me, and I don't know what it is. It seldom ever shows itself to me, but it is there nontheless. It may have simply been that I wasn't getting any attention. I have no deep rooted emotional problems, only the sadness reigns within, but even that is starting to subside and leave me, because I haven't felt the sadness for about 3 years now. The emotional happiness within me dominates over the sadness that never did dominate my emotions.

I am well disciplined, but human enough to recognize behavioral inferiority.

Familiararity allows people to put their guards down, to be comfortable with others. People learn to behave themselves around others, because it is others who keep others in-line. But, as a recluse, I keep myself inline, and have the respect of others.
Educated people initiate gatherings, events, and such, they encourage one another, and morally support each other. All my life I've hated the educated until I learned where they were coming from. I blamed them for being jealous of my fathers intellect and shunning him from the community. I grew up embarrassed and feeling rejected, which was my excuse for hating the educated. Some of the neighbors loved me for who I was though!

I have a new found respect for the educated since I've educated myself, at one time I felt inferior to them, so I would bash them any chance I could. Now I feel equal because I've learned and accepted that many are more educated than I am, but more than anything, I've learned that it's in the ideas of people that count, and it's in the way people treat people that count.

Much of my education came from this forum, the realization of many things come to mind, that this is a genius forum for a reason, those reasons are clearly to teach people to think reasonably.
Blair

Post by Blair »

We exist in context with everything else.

When you get this, the questions cease.

(PS. your a bore)
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Blair wrote:We exist in context with everything else.

When you get this, the questions cease.

(PS. your a bore)
Mensa says: You didn't spell 'your' correctly, it is you're meaning you are! I may be a bore but you're ignorant

Mensa asks: Did it make you feel good to call me a bore Blair? Actually, it is only an opinion not the truth from my perspective, because I know that I'm no bore to many people or to myself. I keep myself and others quite entertained. I realize I could be boring to some people more educated than myself, and that's ok, because they are the ones who can entertain me, but I haven't found anyone more interesting than myself, I only have found Kelly Jones to be more intelligent than most of the men here!

Mensa says: To be brave is to be confident, to be confident is to conquer inferiority, never be confident in destroying one, for their life's belongings may only be hope!