Stripped from feeling

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

Stripped from feeling

Post by mensa-maniac »

Stripped from feeling

Fluanxol is an antipsychotic drug used for other purposes besides antipsychotic behavior, in my case it is used to control schizo-affective disorder. A lable used so as to continue drugging up guinea pigs for medical purposes.

It doesn't control any behavior, it inhibits full production of dopamine--a neurotransmitter in the brain responsible for euphoria people feel. Euphoria is the grand feeling of being alive, the joy people feel, and when dopamine levels are lessened, one isn't capable of feeling alive and happy to the full extent of, nor can one feel depressed even though depression may be present it is masked, because the lack of dopamine prevents one from feeling to the highest ability to.

For one not to feel feelings is not-so-bad, it is actually quite different to be in any situation and not feel a thing, I can see clearly this way. I am able to make non-judgemental and good decisions because there is no emotion getting in the way of good clear thinking.

And after a month the drug fluanxol wears off, and if left undrugged for even a few days, feelings return and it's almost impossible to deal with these feelings that have been ostracized for so long. It's actually down right awful to feel my feelings again, it's overwhelming in fact.

If everyone took fluanxol we'd have a better world because no one would feel anything to care! There would be no emotions, just pure thought!
Getoriks

Re: Stripped from feeling

Post by Getoriks »

Just as one shouldn't need steroids for physical strength, shouldn't one also not need drugs for psychological strength? And wouldn't mastering one's emotions through conscious effort be better than killing one's emotions off? =/
mensa-maniac

Re: Stripped from feeling

Post by mensa-maniac »

Getoriks wrote:Just as one shouldn't need steroids for physical strength, shouldn't one also not need drugs for psychological strength? And wouldn't mastering one's emotions through conscious effort be better than killing one's emotions off? =/
Mensa says: I agree wholeheartedly with you, I made an unsuccessful attempt to go off this drug. I lied on my couch for 7 months experiencing horrible chills, hot sweats, and a general feeling of unwellness, it was so bad that I had no other alternative but to go back on this drug. It is an addictive drug, I've written to Health Canada about this drug.

Perhaps this drug has mastered my emotions all on it's own without conscious effort.

I fear this drug will kill the dopamine levels in my brain completely, then I'll really be messed up, but for now I'm fine.