It's Christmas time, then comes New Years!

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Christmas is the supposed time Jesus was born, a time to celebrate his birth through the giving of gifts, a gathering for turkey dinner with all the trims and fancy cakes. A time for expression of love to flow through the meriment of the season.

Many people are alone in this festive time, to them it's just another day, nothing special, who's Jesus attitude. Yet, many prefer to be alone with Jesus being the very core of their existence.

Jesus died so humanity could live through their sins. God allowed himself to be killed by his own creation to give christians the faith to believe in him, that his word to return is truth. God is the light for all who believe in the WORD of God. He is also the light for the non-believers, God is the light regardless if you are a deliberate sinner or not. God shows his light in times of darkness, miraculous times when humanity needs God most, amazingly he appears. He appears most often to those living deliberate sin, he must show his light to non-believers, so that people will have a change of heart and believe in him.

"Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Psalm 37:4--This means ask anything in Jesus name and he'll grant it to you. Math.7:7

New Years comes on January 1st. A time when people make resolutions to change, but,seldom stick to it. "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." Ecclesiastes chapter 3. Jesus is still here with you any time, all the time through every change.

Like the seasons people change too, Jesus changes people for the good, because people make the conscious effort to change by not deliberately lying, cheating, stealing, etc. so essentially people change themselves through the self-help of acknowledging Jesus within them. People have a choice to live like Jesus did, clean and pure.
Animus

Re: It's Christmas time, then comes New Years!

Post by Animus »

Merry Christmas!

I went for Christmas dinner at two homes. One was my father's home, in attendence were my father, his partner, my cousin Philip, his father Uncle Randy and two others (Lee and Ann). My father's partner Jan is a self-proclaimed Atheist, my father doesn't bother much with religion, Lee and Ann have no religion, and Philip and Randy are atheist. I was the closest thing to a Christian. My father said grace.

The second Christmas dinner was at my girlfriend's parents, and her whole family is "Christian". We sat around watching archaic home videos of christmasses past. My girlfriend was about 5 years old, bouncing up and down, jumping up on Santa's lap, and wearing a little pink dress with white leotards and big winter boots. Even at that age, she knew all the words to the songs being sung, which were all a part of Christian tradition. Her father was accordian player, pianist, guitarist and lead vocalist for their congregation. At dinner, no one ate until grace had been spoken by her father.

Mid-feast, her brother Tom began questioning me about my philosophy, and I began questioning him. Seated between us was his wife, Carolyn, who converted Tom to Catholicism, and away from his families prescribed Baptist congregation. Tom is a formal philosophy student, and a self-titled "Thomist" (Someone who aligns themselves with the theology of Thomas Aquinas). Only a few words were exchanged before his wife, Carolyn, snapped at me "If you don't believe in any of this, then why do you talk about it?" she waited for no response and promptly stood up and left the table.

Christ can enter the heart, but the differences between my family and hers, where christ has apparently entered her family's but not mine, the only difference is in routine and tradition. They say grace, the others don't, they sing christmas songs, the others don't. But, neither of them really want to discuss what is true. Of all the persons I ran into, Tom was the only one who could have the conversation without getting excited, but he is absolutely certain that Aquinas had it right, and spends a majority of his energy trying to prove that to me.
Animus

Post by Animus »

“The ego thinks”
So that it may speak
With words that make it stumble

The Spirit knows
And then it speaks
Words modest, meek and humble

When ego speaks
Of what it thinks
It declares with great conviction

It often proclaims
Using words profane
And utter contradiction

When Spirit speaks
Of what it knows
It speaks words unrehearsed

Softly delivered
To the modest and meek
Who were last until hearing, now first

When ego hears Spirit
It runs to seek shelter
The light Spirit shines is too bright

It waits and it thinks
And it hopes Spirit sinks
Hypocritically fearful to fight

http://pauseandlisten.org/cat_soulspiri ... nks_34.htm

“We celebrate Christmas”
The day of his birth
But how much we celebrate
Depends on our worth

We've transferred the glory
To a jolly fat man
And put J.C. aside
He's just not the right brand

He's not the right brand
Yes, this is for sure
Even Beelzebub
Thinks that's not pure

Who said in a meeting
Where he sits on "the board"
"I'm after the people"
"Don't mess with the Lord!

The people are easy
They buy what I sell
I lure them, off of the way
Into Hell

They believe the economy's
All tit for tat
But a fiery hell?
Can you believe they bought that?
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Animus wrote:“The ego thinks”
So that it may speak
With words that make it stumble

The Spirit knows
And then it speaks
Words modest, meek and humble

When ego speaks
Of what it thinks
It declares with great conviction

It often proclaims
Using words profane
And utter contradiction

When Spirit speaks
Of what it knows
It speaks words unrehearsed

Softly delivered
To the modest and meek
Who were last until hearing, now first

When ego hears Spirit
It runs to seek shelter
The light Spirit shines is too bright

It waits and it thinks
And it hopes Spirit sinks
Hypocritically fearful to fight

http://pauseandlisten.org/cat_soulspiri ... nks_34.htm

“We celebrate Christmas”
The day of his birth
But how much we celebrate
Depends on our worth

We've transferred the glory
To a jolly fat man
And put J.C. aside
He's just not the right brand

He's not the right brand
Yes, this is for sure
Even Beelzebub
Thinks that's not pure

Who said in a meeting
Where he sits on "the board"
"I'm after the people"
"Don't mess with the Lord!

The people are easy
They buy what I sell
I lure them, off of the way
Into Hell

They believe the economy's
All tit for tat
But a fiery hell?
Can you believe they bought that?
Mensa says: When families get together there's bound to be upheaval or some kind of bullshit, people just let loose around families, let their hair hang down sort-of-speak, but all in all family gatherings are fun for the most part.

I checked the site out Animus that you provided, I love how this poem begins and ends.
Thanks for sharing.