Dignity Dog...

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

Dignity Dog...

Post by mensa-maniac »

Dignity Dog

I walked along 118 avenue stopping in front of a second-hand shop where a garage sign hung on the window. I followed an address which led me to a weather-worn double garage that held a welcoming sign in it's doorway.

I stepped inside to the scent of lilac incense permeating the air and decorative tables lining the isle ways, while people busied themselves looking for treasures.

I walked down an isle to a table filled with ornamental perfume bottles, in which I sampled a dab on my wrist and neck. The scent was heavenly, but, I became indignant by the perfumes lable which read Dignity Dog. I wondered why a company would lable women's perfume with such an insulting name, however, I decided to take two bottles.

I took my purchases to the man in charge, and laid them on the table. He picked up the bottles, and asked me what kind of dog I had. I answered him, I have no dog, why do you ask? He then asked, "why are you buying these bottles of doggy grooming formula"?

It all made sense to me now in my moment of embarrassment, everyone around me laughed and the sale went to the dogs.

This is a true story, it happened to me.
Last edited by mensa-maniac on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
cousinbasil

Re: Dignity Dog...

Post by cousinbasil »

I, for one, need no convincing.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Indeed it is indign for a dog to wear a parfume.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

It would be nice, Donna, if you'd get yourself a blog somewhere and cease treating this forum as thought it were exactly that. I know it's just Worldly Matters, but that doesn't matter; it's not anyone's personal blog.
Blair

Post by Blair »

A blog (a blend of the term web log)

Ehe.ehehe.ehehehe.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Dan Rowden wrote:It would be nice, Donna, if you'd get yourself a blog somewhere and cease treating this forum as thought it were exactly that. I know it's just Worldly Matters, but that doesn't matter; it's not anyone's personal blog.
Mensa says: You Dan, are just trying to make me angry, but I have better things to do than get angry at pea-brainery. If you think I'm the only one in this forum who gets personal than you are not thinking or perceiving truthfully. Getting personal with people is the best way to influence them but you wouldn't know about that now would you Dan.

Mensa says: I won't allow myself to be insulted any longer by the likes of some people in this forum namely you Dan. And Kelly follows your ignorant mentality, although she is bright.

Mensa says: I will take my leave and won't come back anymore, I promise you that, because you are not deserving of having my wits around here to entertain, amuse, inspire, educate, or influence, instead you can rot in your own boredom, because you're not capable of producing the wit that I produce and frankly I find most people boring!
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Meh, whatever. If you can't see what every other person can, then I guess you just can't see it.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Dan Rowden wrote:Meh, whatever. If you can't see what every other person can, then I guess you just can't see it.
Mensa says: Yeah, and what's that Dan? Are you trying to talk for everyone here? I'm sure some people here appreciate me.

Mensa says: I can certainly see more than what you give me credit for Dan, I see that you people gossip behind the scenes about me and don't you dare say you don't do that.

I can see that I'm not wanted here by you, Quinn and Solway, and now you win, because I won't waste another moment of myself trying to be myself around unfriendly people.

I don't need this forum, nor do I want to waste anymore of my valuable time here, listening to mean people spew vile from their yappers. You would like me to think that I have nothing worthy or valuable to say. I think more highly of myself than sticking around here putting up with mental abuse coming from you Dan or Kelly. If anyone can teach anyone anything, I can teach all of you how to treat people respectfully.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

For the record, my Dear, I have granted you way more leave than I would any other. You have, unequivocally, treated this forum as a personal Blog over recent weeks. It may not be the philosophy forum, as such, but it's still a discussion forum and does not exist for anyone to create endless threads doing no more than putting passing thoughts into pixels.

Get a Blog for that, Donna. If you wish to start one thread and put all these passing thoughts into that one thread, that would be perfectly fine.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Dan Rowden wrote:For the record, my Dear, I have granted you way more leave than I would any other. You have, unequivocally, treated this forum as a personal Blog over recent weeks. It may not be the philosophy forum, as such, but it's still a discussion forum and does not exist for anyone to create endless threads doing no more than putting passing thoughts into pixels.

Get a Blog for that, Donna. If you wish to start one thread and put all these passing thoughts into that one thread, that would be perfectly fine.
Mensa says: Ok, that's fine, I truly apologize for my outburst, but, when someone tries to stifle me I revert back to childhood and display childish behavior. I'm sorry Dan, I really didn't mean to dump on you like that. I became stifled as a child and I recognize it in an instant. I hate being stifled, I've had to put up with being stifled throughout a lifetime because people didn't understand me, or they were to busy in their own thoughts, so I learned to stifle myself from mediocre-mindedness and only gave my attention to those I thought worthy of receiving it, which is why I still am a recluse, because many are not worthy.

Mensa says: But, looking at this from another angle why are you trying to control me? Do you want to see better writings coming from me, is that it? Why are you confining me to one spot, it's like you're ostracizing me, do you think I like being ostracized or controlled? I am already reclusified, but to be ostracized from society is like a slap in the face. But, I didn't say you're ostracizing me, I said it's like you're ostracizing me, therefore, I cannot be certain.

However, thank you Dan for giving me another option.

Post by 1456200423 »

The indignation! The drama! The threats! THE HUMILITY!!!

Epic thread...

I want to be part of it. =)
veritas odium parit
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

The very stuff of life, when life is bound to the limitations of relative existence. To be embraced, or renounced.

Writing energy can be clean, straight, honest, it can put order to conceptual thought so that when put aside for awhile, when out of the room and into the world, the tyranny of conceptualizing is lessened, or can drop away.

Writing can purge the significance of memories that distort perception and thus lighten the present, regardless of conditions.

Writing can help turn awareness upon consciousness. If honest, writing is a focus that helps to break the attachment to conditioning ... breaks the attachment to the collection of memories and prejudices and hopes that have consolidated into an identity.

If not honest, then writing helps to reinforce delusions, many of which are fueled by a defense of that attachment to identity, a defense that is felt as anger.

Awareness and observation of this energy dynamic, as it occurs in the present rather than all prettied up in memory, is the antidote to attachment, until eventually attachment to delusions does completely fall away.

If delusions that prompt anger never surface then they fester and rot ... everything. Thus if you’re honest, any situation that might stir up anger is a great gift. Those who bug you the most are to be treasured.

If you’re dishonest, the buggers become addictive and you become a masochist looking for sadists.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

mensa-maniac wrote:Dignity Dog

I walked along 118 avenue stopping in front of a second-hand shop where a garage sign hung on the window. I followed an address which led me to a weather-worn double garage that held a welcoming sign in it's doorway.

I stepped inside to the scent of lilac incense permeating the air and decorative tables lining the isle ways, while people busied themselves looking for treasures.

I walked down an isle to a table filled with ornamental perfume bottles, in which I sampled a dab on my wrist and neck. The scent was heavenly, but, I became indignant by the perfumes lable which read Dignity Dog. I wondered why a company would lable women's perfume with such an insulting name, however, I decided to take two bottles.

I took my purchases to the man in charge, and laid them on the table. He picked up the bottles, and asked me what kind of dog I had. I answered him, I have no dog, why do you ask? He then asked, "why are you buying these bottles of doggy grooming formula"?

It all made sense to me now in my moment of embarrassment, everyone around me laughed and the sale went to the dogs.

Mensa says: I wrote Dignity Dog to Reader's Digest and they've responded to me by saying they would like to publish this story. But, I forgot to ask the gal which month would the story be published, I'm thinking February or March issue.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Cahoot wrote:The very stuff of life, when life is bound to the limitations of relative existence. To be embraced, or renounced.

Writing energy can be clean, straight, honest, it can put order to conceptual thought so that when put aside for awhile, when out of the room and into the world, the tyranny of conceptualizing is lessened, or can drop away.

Writing can purge the significance of memories that distort perception and thus lighten the present, regardless of conditions.

Writing can help turn awareness upon consciousness. If honest, writing is a focus that helps to break the attachment to conditioning ... breaks the attachment to the collection of memories and prejudices and hopes that have consolidated into an identity.

If not honest, then writing helps to reinforce delusions, many of which are fueled by a defense of that attachment to identity, a defense that is felt as anger.

Awareness and observation of this energy dynamic, as it occurs in the present rather than all prettied up in memory, is the antidote to attachment, until eventually attachment to delusions does completely fall away.

If delusions that prompt anger never surface then they fester and rot ... everything. Thus if you’re honest, any situation that might stir up anger is a great gift. Those who bug you the most are to be treasured.

If you’re dishonest, the buggers become addictive and you become a masochist looking for sadists.
Mensa says: I appreciate your expression Cahoot, you sound East Indian. You have a wisdom in you, you are gifted, I see this!
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Thank you, Donna. For reading and listening and seeing. It’s good to know that we can actually exist for awhile, at least to this extent, as words and thoughts. As the voice. Don’t you think so?
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Cahoot wrote:Thank you, Donna. For reading and listening and seeing. It’s good to know that we can actually exist for awhile, at least to this extent, as words and thoughts. As the voice. Don’t you think so?
Mensa says: As a voice, I speak. As an ear, I hear. As an eye, I see. As a body, I am. As I am, I know. As I seem to you, may not be apparent to me, or may not be. As I think, so shall it be, if I think I can't I'm right, if I think I can I'm also right.