Short literary demisters

Post questions or suggestions here.
Kelly Jones

Short literary demisters

Post by Kelly Jones »

This one is from Isaac Asimov: Youth.

Designed to stimulate the brain of those who find thinking torturous.

mensa-maniac

Re: Short literary demisters

Post by mensa-maniac »

Thanks for the links Kelly, I love Kurt Vonegut. I joined and became a member in some forum as a volunteer as a proofreader, this will help me with my own sentence structure, reading and grammar.

Thanks again!

Donna Thompson
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

One of Woody Allan's most intellectual plays: God.

mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Kelly Jones wrote:This one is from Isaac Asimov: Youth.

Designed to stimulate the brain of those who find thinking torturous.

Mensa says: Kelly, this is to let you know how much I appreciate this link on Youth you've provided. I've downloaded several of these great reading materials--Thanks millions--I love it! And I look forward to reading GOD you just provided above. I think you're a terrific person, you appear well disciplined.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

If anyone can find an online copy of L'Etranger by Camus, it's quite a good read.

Robert

Post by Robert »

Kelly Jones wrote:If anyone can find an online copy of L'Etranger by Camus, it's quite a good read.
There's an online pdf (in English) here :

http://www.macobo.com/essays/epdf/CAMUS ... ranger.pdf
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Thanks to both of you Robert and Kelly for the great links, I shall take advantage of them. I appreciate links to good reads as no one in my whole life has ever steered me in the right direction of what good books to read. I especially appreciate this forum for the knowledge and intelligence shown here--Thank You for sharing!

Donna Thompson
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

An extremely funny work: Flatland.

(Note to Donna: this thread wasn't specially made for you. If you wish to respond, can you read the texts first? Also, don't post responses immediately. Try to form a clear understanding of what you think the text meant. And even then, you don't even have to share your understanding with us. You can keep it for your own private edification. You really don't have to respond when people talk to you. Sometimes silence is much more of an improvement of one's mind.)

cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Kelly Jones wrote:An extremely funny work: Flatland.

(Note to Donna: this thread wasn't specially made for you. If you wish to respond, can you read the texts first? Also, don't post responses immediately. Try to form a clear understanding of what you think the text meant. And even then, you don't even have to share your understanding with us. You can keep it for your own private edification. You really don't have to respond when people talk to you. Sometimes silence is much more of an improvement of one's mind.)
If that note was just to mensa, why didn't you PM her instead of being such a boor in the forum?

Don't listen to her, m.m., post all you want, no one's forcing Kelly to read anything.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Kelly is Kelly . Picking on her because she is mentally ill is reprehensible anyway.

;)
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Thanks for your moral support Cousinbasil and Prince, I needed it! Kelly, is the kind of person to be recogned with. I think Kelly was just saying that I don't always need to say Thanks, that the thread is not just for me. But, if I stopped saying Thanks for things, a part of me would change, I would become an unappreciative person like most people. And I feel I must share my ideas with others, like everyone else is doing, otherwise why am I here?

Kelly, I know you mean well, it just doesn't always sound like the way you intended. You're a little abrasive, however I can handle you. I think you've come to the stage with your thinking ability,that you dare to challenge anyone and that's really awesome. It shows you're very confident in yourself and you risk yourself because of this confidence, good for you Kelly, you've almost reached my way of thinking.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

prince wrote:Kelly is Kelly . Picking on her because she is mentally ill is reprehensible anyway.

;)
You are correct, sir. My bad.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

I know Kelly to be knowledgable, informative, educated, and enlightening. If she is mentally ill, it's because she's brilliant!