What do You Think...Is it Coincidence or What?

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

"There were 33 chilean miners trapped in that mine. They were found in the 33rd week of the year. It took 33 days to drill the passage to them. They were rescued on 10/13/10 which equals 33 when added together. To a man they credit Jesus for sustaining them. Jesus was crucified when he was how old??? 33"
Last edited by mensa-maniac on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cahoot

Re: What do You Think...Is it Coincidence or What?

Post by Cahoot »

That’s interesting. Causes that influence human actions can probably be correlated to mathematical rhythms in elemental forces, such as the lunar cycle. The news last night was all about car crash deaths, murders and assaults, and it is full moon time.

I’ve read a theory, easily found via google, that Jesus was at least forty at crucifixion.

Forty is a recurring biblical number: Noah, Moses, fasting Jesus, Goliath, some others.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

mensa-maniac wrote:What do You Think...Is it Coincidence or What?

"There were 33 chilean trapped miners trapped in that mine. They were found in the 33rd week of the year. It took 33 days to drill the passage to them. They were rescued on 10/13/10 which equals 33 when added together. To a man they credit Jesus for sustaining them. Jesus was crucified when he was how old??? 33"
And it takes an IQ of 33 to read anything into it!
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Apparently, given the options presented by this thread title, young Basil’s 39 character response (counting punctuation but not counting spaces) graciously votes for coincidence.

Here’s a related article concerning that vote:

The Power of Coincidence
http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles ... oincidence