What's the message in Ignoring?

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

I could ask that question easily, because I've found through my studies on human behavior, that many intelligent people ignor people. I've been questioning that for years, and came up with the idea that most don't want to face-up to settling things for the benefit of the ignored, vs. just letting them go creating confusion and unjust to the party being ignored.

The party being ignored is for reasons of the ignorer, which may not be understood by the ignored, so the ignorer has becomed dissatisfied with the ignored because the ignorer doesn't understand the ignored doesn't understand, and an unjust occurs.

Could it be a lack of communication?

Or just total dissatifaction with the ignored for unexplained reasons. That would than seem the ignorer would have unexpressed issues with the ignored.
Beingof1

Re: What's the message in Ignoring?

Post by Beingof1 »

Hi Mensa

Sometimes I ignore another because they are not in a place to listen. Wisdom begins in silence - this means the one who will learn - will listen and digest wisdom.

At times, some only want to appear wise, kind, or intelligent. How we appear to others is meaningless compared to the reality of what is.
Blair

Post by Blair »

It's not possible to ignore something altogether. Once it registers in your 'consciousness', it takes the same or more effort to shut it out than to allow it. A bit like this fucking idiotic thread.

By ignoring, you are acknowledging, in the inverse.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

prince wrote:It's not possible to ignore something altogether. Once it registers in your 'consciousness', it takes the same or more effort to shut it out than to allow it. A bit like this fucking idiotic thread.

By ignoring, you are acknowledging, in the inverse.
Mensa says: Do you always reply to idiotic fucking threads, that makes you an idiotic fucking thread follower!
Blair

Post by Blair »

I sometimes reply to yours, otherwise they just sit there like so much dog-poo, festering and stagnant.

If Dan was here, he'd reply too, perhaps to let you know you will be banned (yet again)..

Contemplate this, Gump Foresta.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

prince wrote:I sometimes reply to yours, otherwise they just sit there like so much dog-poo, festering and stagnant.

If Dan was here, he'd reply too, perhaps to let you know you will be banned (yet again)..

Contemplate this, Gump Foresta.
Mensa says: So what do you do here, gossip behind the scenes? I couldn't care less if I get banned again. Getting banned doesn't bother me anymore. But, they have no real reason to ban me, but of course they'll make something up, just because they have the power to be dirty like you!
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

mensa maniac wrote:The party being ignored is for reasons of the ignorer, which may not be understood by the ignored, so the ignorer has becomed dissatisfied with the ignored because the ignorer doesn't understand the ignored doesn't understand, and an unjust occurs.

Or just total dissatifaction with the ignored for unexplained reasons. That would than seem the ignorer would have unexpressed issues with the ignored.
Try saying this three times fast.

Mensa, I am quite deliberately not ignoring you because I have read this several times and I still do not have a clue what you are talking about.

I think it is definitely a lack of communication.

And what is "an unjust"?
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

I sometimes reply to yours, otherwise they just sit there like so much dog-poo, festering and stagnant.
And I will not ignore you, prince. Dog-poo doesn't fester. You are mixing your metaphors.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

cousinbasil wrote:
mensa maniac wrote:The party being ignored is for reasons of the ignorer, which may not be understood by the ignored, so the ignorer has becomed dissatisfied with the ignored because the ignorer doesn't understand the ignored doesn't understand, and an unjust occurs.

Try saying this three times fast.

Mensa, I am quite deliberately not ignoring you because I have read this several times and I still do not have a clue what you are talking about.

I think it is definitely a lack of communication.

And what is "an unjust"?
Mensa says: An unjust is something not justified, but you already knew that so why did you ask?
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Mensa says: An unjust is something not justified, but you already knew that so why did you ask?
Because you used the word as a noun, and there is no such noun. I thought if you meant "injustice" you would have used that word. Therefore, I wondered exactly what you meant.

You and prince are moidering the King's English.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Thank you cousinbasil, you're correct in correcting my English.

I appreciate when someone educates me to something I understand, which is the English language.

Have a good day or evening!
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Ignoring is ignorance...or a lack of tolerance. But sometimes it's better to ignore if to respond will cause further ignorance or misunderstanding.