Racism

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

Racism

Post by mensa-maniac »

Racism

Racism begins in the home environment first, it brainwashes children into thinking they are superior to other races, it creates anger, hostility, chaos, disruption, and at many times violence. It is a crime to slur racist remarks against anyone, people will be penalized for such. You cannot call a black man a nigger, that is racism. And this has nothing to do with Freedom of Speech, but more for the rights of people. Freedom of Speech if allowed would encourage this kind of hatred to continue and therefore would be condoning the act of racism.

Why does racism happen in a multicultural world is a question deserving of a good answer. Discrimination and predudice of a race stems from the differences of that race which is not accepted or worse not acknowledged. Differences which mar the way for sensibility, acceptance, and maturity. Mature persons are less likely to slur racist remarks, because they accept different races for their differences and realize also that racism is against the law. It happens because of jealousies and envy of others material possessions. Anger, hostility, and hatefulness are contributing factors in racial slurring.

Racism is a global detriment that rears it's ugliness at large events, in schools, universities, at parties, in groups, anywhere competitions are held, or anywhere people are. It reveals itself where self-discipline is lost, through disrespecting others. Jealousies and emotional outbursts escallate to slurs of racism, exchanged from one person to the other.
Last edited by mensa-maniac on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
cousinbasil

Re: Racism

Post by cousinbasil »

This reminds me of a news story I saw not long ago about a black family which had moved into a predominantly white enclave here in the US. They were being harassed with verbal taunts, a burning cross on the lawn, and a rock or two smashing through a window.

The news reporter was interviewing one of the black family members about the hate incidents. "I understand," the newswoman said, "that you have been receiving death threats as well?"

"Yes," came the answer, "they were shouting... racial epitaphs..."

So mensa - OJ: guilty or not?
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Hi Cousinbasil

Thanks for your reply, I find you interesting.

Yes, Cousinbasil, I saw a movie like what you're depicting, involving the Klu Klux Klan.

And yes, I immediately saw guilt written all over Simpson's face, the moment I laid eyes on him.

Donna
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Racism is ignorance.
parasympathetic

Post by parasympathetic »

Racism is a most accurate term.It stimulates thinking ,causes action,reaction,wastes valuable time that could be better spent eating pavlova and drinking beer.
The mind needs games to play and racism fits the mind like a glove fits the hand.From all this electrical activity in the brain arise solutions for humanity.It seems half the things in life are negative and half are positive,the ying/yang thingy.So we make one homogenous race of humans to remove racism and then we need a solution for our boredom.Nature wont allow us this global class of raceless people so it will remain allways in the mind of the theorists and in the hands of the tyrant forever.