Who Can Deny Love...Who?

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

Who Can Deny Love...Who?

Post by mensa-maniac »

Who Can Deny Love...Who?

Everyone at some point in their lives has received or given their love. Even the most hateful person in the world, at some point his anger would disapate and would feel love even if only an instant.

Christians claim that God is Love, and seemingly enough is believable.

What is Love? Humanity, creation, and every living creature is love
Where is Love? In the minds of most people
Who is Love? I am love
How is Love? Interrelations with people
When is Love? At the time it is shown, felt, or expressed
Why is Love? To feel good

Love is beauty displaying itself through humanity and creation.
Last edited by mensa-maniac on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
skipair

Re: Who Can Deny Love...Who?

Post by skipair »

Thanks for this, mensa!
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

skipair wrote:Thanks for this, mensa!
Mensa says: My pleasure, I'm pleased you derived meaning from it--Thank you skipair.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Who? Me.

But who can deny that this thread is meaningful or rational... Who? Me, again.

It ought to have been posted in the Worldly Matters thread, Donna.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Kelly Jones wrote:Who? Me.

But who can deny that this thread is meaningful or rational... Who? Me, again.

It ought to have been posted in the Worldly Matters thread, Donna.
Mensa says: I wrote it to be meaningful and rational. No matter where it is posted it still carries the same meaning. Why should anyone really give two shits as to where it is posted? However it is a worldly affair I grant you that, and it really has nothing to do with genius, so if Dan thinks it should go into the other area, then it shall be.

So Kelly, since you deny that this thread is meaningful or rational, please explain to me how this thread is meaningless and irrational.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Donna, the post was full of incoherence and inconsistencies of reasoning. I'll show you, but I'm guessing this will make little difference.

Who Can Deny Love...Who?
Incoherent, vague and emotional. What is being denied: the existence of? The validity of the arguments for? The utility and helpfulness of? The gist of the title means that no one can, but since there is no clarity to give any direction as to how you deal with the afore-mentioned elements, the entire post becomes essentially without proof or meaning.

Everyone at some point in their lives has received or given their love. Even the most hateful person in the world, at some point his anger would disapate and would feel love even if only an instant.
Advance assumption prior to any definition of love. Indicative of poor reasoning. And, even if the paragraph were true, so what? This isn't indicative that love is a good thing. You haven't dealt with the topic of morality, or subjectivity in moral choices, either.

This is also vague. It could mean that the event of Christians' claiming this is believable, which is neither here nor there. It could mean that the claim itself could be believed based on their claiming it. It could mean the claim could be believed in itself. But there is no definition of God, nor Love, so again the statement is an advance assumption prior to any definitions. Unnecessary.

What is Love? Humanity is love
If that's your definition, it's already internally contradictory, because you've mentioned the existence of the most hateful person in the world, who is presumably a part of humanity.

Where is Love? Everywhere
This contradicts the previous sentence, since clearly humanity is not everywhere.

Who is Love? Everyone
Since the most hateful person in the world, and all hateful persons, are also part of everyone, there is a contradiction here also.

How is Love? Intercourse
Vague.

When is Love? Constantly
Simultaneously with hate, presumably.

Here again there is the absence of any thought given to ethical choices and the subjectivity of same. And, one could also argue that the hateful person feels good - which is an actual and realistic phenomenon.

Love is beauty displaying itself through humanity.
Repetitions of previous errors.

Throughout the post, there is little thought given to any statement. It's like much of your contributions to the Genius Forum, it belongs in the Worldly Matters forum. Please contain your prolific output to that place. Thanks in advance.

Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

mensa-maniac,

If you want your posts to appear in the main forum then you're going to need to provide some serious reasoned argument.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Kelly Jones wrote:Donna, the post was full of incoherence and inconsistencies of reasoning. I'll show you, but I'm guessing this will make little difference.

Who Can Deny Love...Who?
Incoherent, vague and emotional. What is being denied: the existence of? The validity of the arguments for? The utility and helpfulness of? The gist of the title means that no one can, but since there is no clarity to give any direction as to how you deal with the afore-mentioned elements, the entire post becomes essentially without proof or meaning.

Advance assumption prior to any definition of love. Indicative of poor reasoning. And, even if the paragraph were true, so what? This isn't indicative that love is a good thing. You haven't dealt with the topic of morality, or subjectivity in moral choices, either.

This is also vague. It could mean that the event of Christians' claiming this is believable, which is neither here nor there. It could mean that the claim itself could be believed based on their claiming it. It could mean the claim could be believed in itself. But there is no definition of God, nor Love, so again the statement is an advance assumption prior to any definitions. Unnecessary.

If that's your definition, it's already internally contradictory, because you've mentioned the existence of the most hateful person in the world, who is presumably a part of humanity.

This contradicts the previous sentence, since clearly humanity is not everywhere.

Who is Love? Everyone
Since the most hateful person in the world, and all hateful persons, are also part of everyone, there is a contradiction here also.

How is Love? Intercourse
Vague.

When is Love? Constantly

Here again there is the absence of any thought given to ethical choices and the subjectivity of same. And, one could also argue that the hateful person feels good - which is an actual and realistic phenomenon.

Throughout the post, there is little thought given to any statement. It's like much of your contributions to the Genius Forum, it belongs in the Worldly Matters forum. Please contain your prolific output to that place. Thanks in advance.

Mensa says: My prolific output is controlled, did you think I'd become all emotional like a weeping little girlie. Sorry to disappoint you.
Mensa says: I'm thoroughly perturbed that I just lost an excellent response to Kellys post here, I'm sick and tired of this place timing out on me all the darn time. I'm not going to bother wasting my breath again.
Last edited by mensa-maniac on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Kevin Solway wrote:mensa-maniac,

If you want your posts to appear in the main forum then you're going to need to provide some serious reasoned argument.
Mensa says: Two against one, how noble of you.

Mensa says: I couldn't care less if I never wrote another word here! Education babble is not something I want to learn. Education just confuses the thinker.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

menses-maniac wrote:Mensa says: I'm thoroughly perturbed that I just lost an excellent response to Kellys post here, I'm sick and tired of this place timing out on me all the darn time. I'm not going to bother wasting my breath again.
Compose on an offline standalone BBcode editor* first, then copy and paste into a forum reply window. Not that I am encouraging you to waste your breath.

* Such as Kevin's Forum Post Editor Lite or Pawsoft Fass. Both are freeware.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Kevin Solway wrote:mensa-maniac,

Mensa says: Kevin, do you believe that everyone who posts in the main forum provides serious reasoned argument, and if you do why do you? Considering it's not true. I see plenty of opinion.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

I'm a firm beliver in the power of love. But sometimes love comes in the form of compassion...and compassion can be a rude awakening...
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Kunga wrote:I'm a firm beliver in the power of love. But sometimes love comes in the form of compassion...and compassion can be a rude awakening...
Mensa says: I cannot argue that!
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Kelly Jones wrote:Donna, the post was full of incoherence and inconsistencies of reasoning. I'll show you, but I'm guessing this will make little difference.

Who Can Deny Love...Who?

Who is Love? Everyone

How is Love? Intercourse
Vague.

When is Love? Constantly

cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

I just looked at that last post. Mensa didn't say anything!!!
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

cousinbasil wrote:I just looked at that last post. Mensa didn't say anything!!!
Mensa says: I need you to tell me how to write offline again Cousinbasil,Thank you, I lost another post here yesterday after writing for two hours. I cleared the air with Kelly only to lose it all. There's nothing worse for a writer than for her to lose her writing!