How would you handle becoming a celebrity?

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Would you let the fame go to your head?
Ryan Rudolph

Re: How would you handle becoming a celebrity?

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Most men are already celebrities, at least if only in their own minds...
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:Most men are already celebrities, at least if only in their own minds...
Mensa says: I agree with you Ryan. Men are better men than women are women. Men have higher mental calibers than women do. Through my studies I've found that men are far more readily to forgive than women are, just to have peace and tranquility and they tolerate over and above their means to tolerate. Women become angry once their toleration level has been reached, then lookout. Men will become angry also if pushed to far, but he'll run in the other direction to avoid a confrontation, whereas women don't care if they become angry or violent.

I'm getting off topic here. If I were to become a celebrity, the wealth would likely go to my head until I became use to the coinage coming in. Then my sensible nature would continue to rule me.
Entity

Post by Entity »

mensa-maniac wrote:
Men are better men than women are women. Men have higher mental calibers than women do. Through my studies I've found that men are far more readily to forgive than women are, just to have peace and tranquility and they tolerate over and above their means to tolerate. Women become angry once their toleration level has been reached, then lookout. Men will become angry also if pushed to far, but he'll run in the other direction to avoid a confrontation, whereas women don't care if they become angry or violent.
I don't see how men are better than women, they just have two different ways of being. As for the statements you give in support of your opinion, I don't know about the first one but I know the second one isn't true...men have 20 times more testosterone than women do. Why do you think men are three times more likely to have antisocial personality disorder? By the way antisocial personality disorder is positively correlated to testosterone levels (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_o ... archtype=a). If anything it's women that avoid violent conflict, they tend to prefer social outlets for their aggression. Anyways I just get annoyed seeing this theme over and over again about how men are superior to women because men are more logical or whatever. And it's always men that are saying it...they are claiming they are superior because they value what they naturally value...are you seeing the circular logic here? That's like a woman saying women are superior because women are more emotionally developed and aware...
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

mensa-maniac,

I wasn't implying by that post that men are superior to women. Both genders have deficiencies in different areas. I was implying that many men have such an inflated sense of ego that they already believe they are celebrities or on their way to becoming a celebrity. It was sarcasm.

Seriously speaking, men have too much misdirected ego, rooted in materialism, that often gets wrapped up in status, image, hedonism, and all the rest of it. Men usually use the resources from wealth to make themselves wealthier or appear wealthier. Sometimes, they give money to charity, but this is often motivated by how they were appear by others. Basically, men work out their elitism in the wrong direction.

Women, on the other hand, do not have enough ego, they are often times too dependent on what family, friends, and their boyfriend think to develop any sort of philosophy that goes against the norm. Women tend to get wrapped up in appearances, tradition, images and some of the same things men do.

Our evolution is to blame mostly. men have evolved to be competitive work horses, not satisfied unless they are constantly "doing" something. Women have evolved too close to the domestic sense to break away.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:mensa-maniac,

I wasn't implying by that post that men are superior to women. Both genders have deficiencies in different areas. I was implying that many men have such an inflated sense of ego that they already believe they are celebrities or on their way to becoming a celebrity. It was sarcasm.

Seriously speaking, men have too much misdirected ego, rooted in materialism, that often gets wrapped up in status, image, hedonism, and all the rest of it. Men usually use the resources from wealth to make themselves wealthier or appear wealthier. Sometimes, they give money to charity, but this is often motivated by how they were appear by others. Basically, men work out their elitism in the wrong direction.

Women, on the other hand, do not have enough ego, they are often times too dependent on what family, friends, and their boyfriend think to develop any sort of philosophy that goes against the norm. Women tend to get wrapped up in appearances, tradition, images and some of the same things men do.

Our evolution is to blame mostly. men have evolved to be competitive work horses, not satisfied unless they are constantly "doing" something. Women have evolved too close to the domestic sense to break away.
Mensa says: Well, both of you now know what I think, and I think men are better men than women are women, as I said!
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

How would you handle becoming a celebrity

What I mean by this comment that men are better men than women are women, simply is to say that my preference for liking the opposite sex towers over my liking the same sex. And realizing this clearly indicates that I could easily find faults with women. And you could argue that I must hate women or that my own mother was a twit, neither are true. But, then I could be lying right, right, but I'm not. You could even argue that I generalize, and I could argue back and say generalize or not, it's still truth. But, I'm not about to degrade women for the sake of it.

All women need and want security, but it doesn't mean that all women find that security in the opposite sex. Some women find their security in money, some find it in raising their children, many find it within themselves, either way security plays a major role in womens lives as a means of balance of functionality.

Men are better men than women are women for many reasons.

Men will bend over backwards to help women, yet women use them until they're all used up and they toss them aside after they're through with them. However many women will spend alot of money on men she redeems worthy of her attention. Most men are on the hunt for the right fit, and when she fits him, he thinks he's in love. He thinks with his little head over his big head.

Actually, you know what, I'm going to take back that statement I said, that men are better men than women are women. Women are equally good as men are, and men are equally good as women are.

I shouldn't have made a statement like that, it is unfair, stupid, uncalled for, false, and just plain ignorant of me to make such a comment, and I apologize.

Sometimes I create disasters to solve them, or get lost deliberately just to find my way back, and sometimes like now I start a topic just for the sake of arguiing the subject.

Ans: I think I should find out shouldn't I, but it's where to begin that counts! To write an overnight sensation like Harry Potter I know I could do. I just have to kick my butt into gear. Help me to decide what my second book attempt should be about. Any suggestions?
Last edited by mensa-maniac on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Help me to decide what my second book attempt should be about. Any suggestions?

HOW TALKING TO WALLS CHANGED MY LIFE
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Kunga wrote:Help me to decide what my second book attempt should be about. Any suggestions?

HOW TALKING TO WALLS CHANGED MY LIFE
Mensa says: You know Kunga, How Talking To Walls Changed My Life is an excellent topic. I've never seen or heard this before. It could make a really great story! And I could easily do it! I'll keep it in mind. This topic could pertain to anyone bored or reclusive like myself. The story could easily display how one overcame the bordom of confinement of four walls, how one overcame such lonliness. Yes, Kunga, you pulled out a good subject here to consider, Thank you.

I'd prefer to write a novel on factual stuff--non fiction. Thanks infinitely Kunga for your great suggestion I like it!

Are there any more ideas out there that I could consider? I'm preparing to start my book in January 2011, and I'll likely be asking some of you for help in the idea area. I should write a novel about this genius forum, everything I need is here facing me. I want to become an overnight sensation and I can do it, I know I can, and I will! I will become a celebrity!
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

HOW TO PLAY THE NAME GAME
(FOR ADULTS ONLY)