Update on Beck, Palin, and the people who love them

Post questions or suggestions here.
Nick

Update on Beck, Palin, and the people who love them

Post by Nick »

Ryan Rudolph

Re: Update on Beck, Palin, and the people who love them

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Beck is becoming increasingly neurotic with the number of contradicting theories, conspiracies and ideas that he gobbles up, and tries to incorporate into his worldview.

He didn't seem as insane and illogical when he first got into talk radio, probably because he didn't know anything.

Jon Steward does a good impression of his antics that I think Cory or someone posted before. Funny stuff. That guy is climbing quickly into the same ranks as Alex Jones.
Nick

Post by Nick »

I just wonder how this game he's playing is going to end. Will it continue hanging around in the background as a fringe of the republican party, slowly fade away, or is it going to continue to gain support and become a real political power. It will be interesting to see if any of those tea-party backed republicans win any of the national elections this November. Interesting and scary...
Nick

Post by Nick »

Tomas

The Rise of Black Republicans

Post by Tomas »

Nick Treklis wrote:I just wonder how this game he's playing is going to end. Will it continue hanging around in the background as a fringe of the Republican party, slowly fade away, or is it going to continue to gain support and become a real political power. It will be interesting to see if any of those tea-party backed Republicans win any of the national elections this November. Interesting and scary...
The Rise of Black Republicans

"Young people and minorities are all the president has left"

I bet you haven't heard of Tim Scott, Allen West or Ryan Frazier.
If they were Democrats, I might lose that bet

But they're not >> http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 07417.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Nevada's largest newspaper endorses Sharron Angle

Post by Tomas »

Nevada's largest newspaper endorses Sharron Angle over Harry Reid

Las Vegas Review-Journal >> http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=13259878
Don't run to your death
Entity

Post by Entity »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:Beck is becoming increasingly neurotic with the number of contradicting theories, conspiracies and ideas that he gobbles up, and tries to incorporate into his worldview.
Beck is not neurotic, man...he's a psychopath. Why do you think Fox News lets him spout all that bs on air? Because he is stirring up hysteria and furthering News Corp.'s agenda...
Entity

Post by Entity »

Listen to Glen Beck's arguments...this guy is no mad man, he's a fucking genius. He is a brilliant psychopathic sophist and manipulator...this guy puts Ted Bundy in the little league. He knows how to get people with the emotional hooks and suck them into superficial logic. He knows how to take assorted facts out of context, and put them together to make it look like a constellation supporting some ominous theory. He knows how to by-step rational arguments and make things out to be moral value choices. He is a masterful actor...this dude could sell the Brooklyn Bridge to a car salesman...pay attention to how he presents himself, from his body language to his tonality. Glen Beck was solely responsible for the tea parties and I would assume a decent portion of the distrust in Obama, however merited that skepticism may be. What's even better is this guy makes O'Reilly look like Mr. Fair and Balanced lookin' out for Uncle Sam. There are so many people out there that are like "man, that Glen Beck is crazy!", then they watch the O'Reilly Factor later on and think they're getting the real deal. So fucked.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Nick Treklis wrote:The show must go on.
That may be true Nick, but for every crazy on the right, there is a counter-balance on the left.

By the way, Sarah Palin-backed tea partiers won big on election day.
Don't run to your death
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Tomas wrote:Jesus was a drug addict
Now Tomas, not every Hispanic is into drugs...
Nick

Post by Nick »

Tomas wrote:That may be true Nick, but for every crazy on the right, there is a counter-balance on the left.
The political right itself is crazy. There is no equivalent anywhere else in politics.
Tomas wrote:By the way, Sarah Palin-backed tea partiers won big on election day.
Meh, not really.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Sarah Palin's latest victory video talks about how shes a "renegade gone rogue"......Its just embarrassing how there is no screening for politicians at all, You should at least have to pass a basic intelligence test to run for politics. If Palin runs in 2010, and wins, it will be a new low for America. A rock bottom low.

Entity,

Glenn Beck isn't a psychopath, or a genius. He's just a boob. A boob who becomes overly emotionally wherever he tries to think too hard about something. I don't think there is much evidence to suggest that he is conscious of what he is doing at all.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Ryan Rudolph wrote: If Palin runs in 2010, and wins, it will be a new low for America. A rock bottom low.
And suddenly a movie like Idiocracy would become instead of a silly, light-hearted movie, some type of sinister prophecy.
Nick

Post by Nick »

She wouldn't dare run. Even she (or the people around her) realize that if she were to do that it would literally hand the presidency back to Obama on a platter. That's not to say you wont see the republicans run a candidate in 2012 who is equally bat shit crazy, but it will likely be a smooth talking middle aged white guy with good hair.

As for the movie Idiocracy, it's already a reality in some areas of the US. Mostly in the bible belt and deep south.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-Nick Treklis-
She wouldn't dare run.

-tomas-
Wanna bet? .. I'll bet you she does.

The bet? You win if she doesn't run, I win if she does run.

Loser doesn't post here for the duration (January 2013- January 2017).

BTW - I don't think Obama will run in 2012. His star has fallen. The independents (who gather the vast majority of their political/social news off the internet) have concluded he is toxic .. meaning he is nothing more than a creation of the Chicago Machine. If he could muster a few coherent sentences without the use of his telepromper without uttering "uhh/umm" he could probably make it back to the US Senate but no bets on that :-)

-Nick-
Even she (or the people around her) realize that if she were to do that it would literally hand the presidency back to Obama on a platter.

-tomas-
(Through extensive polling in 2007 and early 2008) Obama's handlers knew that the only Republican candidate who would have beaten Obama in 2008 was none other than Rep. Ron Paul of Texas. The same pollers also ran Hillary vs. Barack and came to the same conclusion.

-Nick-
That's not to say you wont see the Republicans run a candidate in 2012 who is equally bat shit crazy, but it will likely be a smooth talking middle aged white guy with good hair.

-tomas-
And you think Nancy Pelosi is sane?

Should the Democrats have any chance, they'll need to put Hillary at the top of the ticket provided she doesn't wrinkle up too much. The Secy of State job is aging her beyond her years but constant air travelling takes a toll on women much more than men. Note Madeleine Albright but she was a prune coming into the job.
Don't run to your death
Nick

Post by Nick »

Tomas wrote:.

-Nick Treklis-
She wouldn't dare run.

-tomas-
Wanna bet? .. I'll bet you she does.

The bet? You win if she doesn't run, I win if she does run.

Loser doesn't post here for the duration (January 2013- January 2017).
You really don't want me around eh? Kinda hurts my feelings... :(
Tomas wrote:BTW - I don't think Obama will run in 2012. His star has fallen. The independents (who gather the vast majority of their political/social news off the internet) have concluded he is toxic .. meaning he is nothing more than a creation of the Chicago Machine. If he could muster a few coherent sentences without the use of his telepromper without uttering "uhh/umm" he could probably make it back to the US Senate but no bets on that :-)
I actually think Obama is at his best without his teleprompter. Like when he had that debate with McCain and then again when he took questions from all those republicans on live television and made them all look like the idiots they are. The republicans even admitted it was a terrible idea for them to have had that televised. If you don't know what I'm talking about I'll find the videos for you. Unfortunately Obama, as reasonable as I think he may be, is not much of a fighter. He's easily talked into compromise by the establishment, and worries too much about pleasing all sides.
Tomas wrote:-tomas-
And you think Nancy Pelosi is sane?
Yeah, why wouldn't I? She has done a great job as speaker when it comes to getting bills passed and pushing a progressive agenda. Compared to the Senate which can't seem to get shit done I'd say she deserves a hell of a lot of credit. And please spare me the conspiracy theories... I don't care...