The Final War

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

The Final War

Post by mensa-maniac »

The Final War

The dreaded clock nears the midnight hour, world-wide doom preys on peoples minds.
As if bombing is not enough, soldiers in helicopters hover in an area aim, shoot and kill occupants of a household.
And rape and murder of the innocent.
The irony that war is not crime is baffling--it's more like organized crime, like a game of Russian roulette die to play, play to die.
Hero slaves sacrifice their lives for others.
Inviting war is all opposing sides blatant refusal to compromise.
It's power against power-neither will bend to the other.
Victory of war is as jubilant is to death.
Violence all around, destruction reigns, the killing of humanity is taking it's toll.
Diversions are created so hysteria doesn't erupt.
We go about with our lives aware of the detriment upon earth, and wishing it would all stop, but hatred continues.
Anger begets anger, violence begets violence, innocent people subjected to such degradation of life.
Victory to defeat is uppermost in the minds of all opposing sides--the Bible says power is in the number of armies.
War is history of the centuries from the beginning of time--repeating and escallating like a plan devised from God.
Is the vicious war heading for the extinction of man, as North Korea threatens nuclear missiles?
The end nears as nuclear dust wipes out humanity except for those hiding in underground havens.
Science stations in space inhabit the great minds who know how to escape such atrocities.
Time passes, everything on earth is in shambles destroyed in action, skeletal remains scattered about the once blood-stained ground.
No living entity occupies the earth except those who think they're fortunate, until they discover their many years supply of food and water is depleting.
And do they have the means to come back to earth and why would they knowing the earth has been poisoned and left barren in most areas?
They realize life is survival or death--they escape one atrocity for another.
They also realize that in time rains will purify the earth.
Returning to earth is possible, but temporary obstacles mar their way, resulting in a distraught team member heaving himself into space.
Fortunately, they succeeded to land on grounds untouched by the cruel war--new hope arises when the thought of vegetation is possible.
A new beginning for man is created left behind from the Final War!
cousinbasil

Re: The Final War

Post by cousinbasil »

Diversions are created so hysteria doesn't erupt.
Evidently, we need a few more diversions.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

The Final War

I imagine this poem created into a film, but I'd have to add more to it. Like the Scientists working on how to get back to earth, while a distraught team member heaves himself out to space.

The underground havens inhabit only the highest of intellects, few men and very few women who must be used for populating earth again. Combined they total a population of less than one hundred people.

Being of high intellectual quality, these people produce intelligent offspring. Imagine what they produce from an earth with no electricity, no plumbing, no water, a land barren of everything but the sun and trees.
Last edited by mensa-maniac on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

menses-maniac wrote:I imagine this poem created into a film, but I'd have to add more to it. Like the Scientists working on how to get back to earth, while a distraught team member heaves himself out to space.
And you can be the director!
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Every now and then I like to read The Final War, for it is my favorite poem. I would like to see it created into a film.