A question for men

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

A question for men

Post by mensa-maniac »

A question for men

As a man what do you think of lipstick on a woman, would that repel you to kiss those ruby red lips, or would you kiss them?
mensa-maniac

Re: A question for men

Post by mensa-maniac »

Mensa says: Now just apply a little lipstick...
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I'm not much into kissing clowns. It's a weird sort of fetish.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Donna...i posted the picture of the baboons' butt because most men here (i'll ASSume) think of lipstick as a primate way to attract the opposite sex....and in all honesty i have to admit i wear lipstick....that's about all i wear.....but i wear it for myself...i love wearing make-up occasionally...but lipstick is a daily ritual...as a matter of fact..i just bought some yesterday......this is my favorite :

http://www.urbandecay.com/products/EnviousLipEnvy.cfm
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

It's like anything else it's habit forming and a woman feels she must wear it or feel lost without it.

My mother wore ruby red lipstick, by the time I was a mature young lady I saw no need to paint my face up, so I never did. Don't wear any jewelry either.

It was a question I wanted to know.
skipair

Post by skipair »

I generally like as natural as possible. Yet, that's the whole thing about good makeup, to have it look as if it's totally natural. Gasp! Maybe she's born with it...maybe it's Maybelline. ::does a gig::

I'm always a sucker for good eye makeup. Lipstick to me looks terrible...clown-like. I am not interested in kissing those overt, in-your-face, 1940's ruby red lips with platinum blonde swirls. Lip gloss is alright, though.

Also, the nail painting. Yuck. I like long and natural, with a clear coat, if anything. The only exception are those long, thin, sparkly, fake ones the cute Japanese girls wear.

"We can try and pretend we’re above it, we can try and intellectualize it away. But ultimately, shiny, pretty, perky things are good, and ugly, misshapen teenage boys are repulsive." - Dr. Gregory House
Blair

Post by Blair »

mensa-maniac wrote:A question for men

As a man what do you think of lipstick on a woman, would that repel you to kiss those ruby red lips, or would you kiss them?
When you know the origins of why women wear lipstick, it's hard not to erupt into hysterics when one sees a woman wearing such..

I wouldn't kiss them, with or without it. For one mundane (worldy) reason, the human mouth is riddled with more germs than imaginable.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

A new study by http://www.MyCelebrityFashion.co.uk has revealed how wary some women are of going au natural. Indeed, over a quarter the 1560 women surveyed said their boyfriend had never seen them without make-up. A staggering one in five women admits they often wake up early to put their make-up on – then get back in bed with their partner, so that he wakes to a vision of loveliness
- source (okay not super sources but it sounds pretty accurate)
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

I could care less what I look like around the house...the man I've lived with for 20 years has seen me as my natural self (oy vey !)
I feel I must look "presentable" when I go to work....otherwise I'm perfectly comfortable wearing rags (I wear clothes with holes and paint drippings...) around the house...I also wear a partial (missing a few teeth). If I went around in my natural state in public people would be embarrased...me not as much...so I do it for others more than myself (to look presentable)...except for lipstick...I love it...what's the big deal...there are worse sins...it's not immoral for women to wear make up ....you can be a fake being natural.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

prince wrote:I wouldn't kiss them, with or without it
Ha ! If you fell in love you would.

BTW I don't kiss anymore...haven't for 15+ years.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Kunga wrote:

BTW I don't kiss anymore...haven't for 15+ years.
Mensa says: I never kiss except a peck on the lips from those I love, Prince is right, there are more micro-organism germs in the mouth than in the arse, well maybe I'm exagerating.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Kunga wrote:
The desire to kiss or be kissed is related to the ego.

Such a primitive impulse arose through natural selection to find those(in the animal/sensual realm) who are most responsive sensually to the 'mashing'of nervously rich bodily areas, lips, genitals etc

In a developed consciousness these types of desires naturally dissipate, as does the desire to propell one's genes.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

prince wrote:In a developed consciousness these types of desires naturally dissipate,
Ha...then that must mean I am highly developed !!!!
Or maybe I'm just getting old ?
Or maybe I'm not In love.
Or maybe it's all of the above ?

You say that now Prince, cause your probebly in a funk....but I bet if you met the right person you would change.........it's easy to say you've abandoned
those primitive feelings when there's nothing going on to stimulate them.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Kunga wrote:You say that now Prince, cause your probebly in a funk....but I bet if you met the right person you would change.........it's easy to say you've abandoned
those primitive feelings when there's nothing going on to stimulate them.
I didn't say "abandoned", but that they declined on there own quite rapidly, superceded by a superior understanding of the nature of sexuality, the self and so on. It has nothing to do with age, btw.

There's tits, asses, lips and what-not ever-present in my environment, it has no stimulating effect on me and hasn't for years. Once you've pulled back the curtain and seen the Wizard, the game is (mercifully and thankfully) over.
Nick

Post by Nick »

When I see a woman with lipstick on I think of the rituals of human mating.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Nick Treklis wrote:When I see a woman with lipstick on I think of the rituals of human mating.
Mensa says: Then why don't they apply the lipstick to their arse holes?
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

mensa-maniac wrote:
Nick Treklis wrote:When I see a woman with lipstick on I think of the rituals of human mating.
Because it's so much harder, although not impossible, to quickly check the mirror or while passing windows.
Nick

Post by Nick »

mensa-maniac wrote:
The asshole is well hidden from plain sight, unlike the lips which are out in the open for everyone to see. I'm sure that if the asshole were more visible women would decorate that too.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

There’s a saying that women who can’t put lipstick on straight are invariably crazy, and there’s a saying that crazy women are the most seductive.

Given the reticence of many men, where would the human race be without cockeyed women?
Nick

Post by Nick »

mensa-maniac wrote:
Oh and by the way, you must not have heard of bedazzling the vagina.