Depart Not from the Path in Which Fate has You Assigned

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Many years ago I found these words in a fortune cookie- Depart Not from the Path in Which Fate has you Assigned. I taped it to my word processor and became a published writer and have never departed from the Path in which fate had me assigned.

Not everyone in life finds their true destiny, their passion, mine is my writing.
Unidian

Re: Depart Not from the Path in Which Fate has You Assigned

Post by Unidian »

It doesn't make much sense to me. How could you depart from the path fate has assigned you to?

If my fate is to be devoured by cannibalistic midgets, there is nothing I can do to escape that fate. Even if I were to stow away on the space shuttle, it would presumably be attacked by cannibalistic midgets from outer space, because that is my fate. Otherwise, the whole concept of "fate" is rather meaningless.
I live in a tub.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

This somehow got dropped into the "Worldly Matters" dungeon just after I posted in it. Interesting.

So, discussions of fate are not sufficiently philosophical? I guess such matters are for "people who can't be bothered thinking."
I live in a tub.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I think it's more to discourage Donna from using the main forum as a personal blog. It's her fate to reside in Wordly Matters. She is bound to accept it.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Unless she departs.
I live in a tub.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Trust me, that's unlikely :)
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Dan Rowden wrote:I think it's more to discourage Donna from using the main forum as a personal blog. It's her fate to reside in Wordly Matters. She is bound to accept it.
Mensa says: I know the difference between enlightening topics which belong in the genius forum, and topics which belong in worldly matters. It is not my fate to be bounded in Worldly Matters, it's not even my preference, it's my knowledge to know the difference. And my wisdom to only discuss what I know in either place.