Interview with a Soldier

Post questions or suggestions here.
Dan Rowden

Re: Interview with a Soldier

Post by Dan Rowden »

Alex, your belief - assuming you actually do believe it, which is somewhat doubtful - that you have bitch-slapped anyone seems more like vanity than anything else. I don't see any evidence of it. And, for the record, I'm not much interested in having that attitude around the place.

Yes, folks, I'm cracking down on stupidity. Be afeared, be very afeared :)
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

I do something similar to bitch slapping. An analogy would be that Ryan performes something similar to reasoning. Both of us never quite get there...

For someone as advanced as me, vanity is only something I imitate. It's like a mask I put on to 'act like one of the boys', but it just doesn't fit.

I have recently combined enlightened discourse and subliminal prana-injections with old Fred Astaire videos---a first as far as I am aware in this universe. The effects will emanate outward in concentric circles of wonderfulness and will literally make the world a better place.

Just one example, there will soon be some rather delightful changes in Kazakhstan as a result.
I can't go on. I'll go on.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Alex T. Jacob wrote:I was under the impression that Nick is concerend for all those atrocities carried out by NATO forces, or do you mean something different?
This 'Interview with a Soldier' concerns "atrocities" carried out under the Bush war machine in Iraq. Iraq (insofar as we know and understand) is an American operation with a few ragtag elements from his coalition forces newspeak.

All wars now "up and running" are directed under the auspices of Obama's war fighting troops. NATO troops (Brzezinski and Soros realpolitik aside) are running roughshod where they choose. Brzezinski got the porch monkeys Carter and Obama (directly with Soros slush funds) elected.

You know, of course, that George Soros is a wanted man in France for swindling 100s of millions (some say billions) from investors, gov't intel assets, and other assorted shady characters. He was tried in absentia, found guilty and in many was another Roman Polanski. In essence, screw the little boys and underage girls.

Nick doesn't mind though, he continues to buy weed from nefarious criminals and smoke the pot that funds the terrorists in indirect ways. All that now-criminal money finds its way to offshore banks and into Soros worldwide terror networks. Meanwhile, Miley Cyrus does rather graphic lap dances on 44-year-old homosexual's laps. What a way to wrap up and finish a movie, just pervert an underage girl to think all is OK in Obama-land. Stay on Obama's lap and keep purring away.

Diebert nods approvingly of all that NATO money flowing into his country.
Don't run to your death
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

I would imagine that you would take an unequivocal stand against war, conquest, invasion, and expansion by the US military-economic 'machine'.

I had to do a search on Google to see who Miley Cyrus was.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Tomas wrote:
Nick doesn't mind though, he continues to buy weed from nefarious criminals and smoke the pot that funds the terrorists in indirect ways.
Umm... it's been a long time since I've seen any Afghani or Iraqi weed. Most of the marijuana comes from local hydroponics labs. Or relatively local fields. There is no need to go overseas for it. You might be thinking of Heroin, Heroin is produced in large quantities in Afghanistan and it does migrate to the west.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-Alex T. Jacob-
I would imagine that you would take an unequivocal stand against war, conquest,
invasion, and expansion by the US military-economic 'machine'.

-tomas-
When the U.S. ceased being a "constitutional republic" and when it became a "democracy" is the question. Suppose I could scapegoat and say it was before my time. We (the girlfriend and me own three businesses) so yes, I contribute to the on-going 'machine'. To go through the civil tax courts and protest would be the way to go but.......keep the head below the IRS radar and knuckle under.

-Alex-
I had to do a search on Google to see who Miley Cyrus was.

-tomas-
Yeah, right... ;-)

I resurrected Nick's inane thread on Miley Cyrus, Corey has a valuable insight on this (that) girl.......
Don't run to your death
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Nick makes some decent points.

It seems to be that the military model for the US is very outdated, it is based on maintaining an empire, and keeping forces in many areas of the world that have been historically confrontational, but are no longer. Examples include Japan, Germany and The Korean Border. The US tries to keep the world order and their economic resources secure, by keeping an overwhelming presence everywhere.

A problem arises with prosecuting terrorists if the governments are irrational, and will not cooperate, as seen with the Taliban. I believe a military has its place with irrational forces, but the days of putting thousands of ground troops into a foreign country should be over.

Modern Warfare should be surgical if the nation's government will not cooperate, meaning you find out the headquarters or residence of terrorist forces and strike with minimal firepower, meaning a small force, or sniper fire, or if that is not feasible, a surgical strike by a robotic drone.

Nation-building with thousands of troops doesn't work, and it just breeds more terrorism. And that is what many terrorists want, an excuse to keep fighting, an excuse to be regarded as a hero by their neighbors for battling the evil capitalists, and all the rest of it.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Exactly. The chances any two nations going to war with each other is highly unlikely, and that is what most of the US military is designed for. So by having that kind of apparatus around in the modern world, it only makes the world less safe and secure.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-tomas earlier-
"Families being torn asunder every day under the Obama war machine. And he's concerned about a once-every-ten year attack on American soil."

-alex-
You mean in the sense of some sort of domestic 'war'? If so, wasn't all that set in motion by 2 terms of GW Bush?

-tomas-
These unmanned drones over Afghan and now, Pakistani villages are an expansion that Obama's war machine have been taking on since taking over for the previous porch monkey, George W. Bush. One could presume it started when Jimmy Carter decided to "get tough" with Iran when he took over in 1977 from Gerald Ford. And yes, George Bush Sr. was the outgoing CIA director in 1977. Admiral Stansfield Turner took Bush I's place.

Undercover operatives (moles) like Obama worked his part in Pakistan and Afghanistan during Russia's invasion of Afghanistan. He was rather adept at what he did and was one of the best ever. Speaks perfect Farsi. You know, that sort of works doesn't translate into good presidential timber. Witness Carter, Bush One, Clinton, Bush Two and the latest "creation" Barry Soetoro or whatever his real name was at birth (I'm told he is Malcolm X's bastard child).

Really Alex, what is your (and a few other's here) love affair with Barack Obama?

It's like this 'Interview with a Soldier' thing Nick started. When you sign up for 3, 4 or six years initially, didn't you (the new soldier) ever read history books about the previous war's failings and what to expect when you hit the ground running in Iraq. In many ways, Iraq One was before the Internet really took off and the President's cabinet could keep a lid on any collateral damage, "atrocities" etc. Bill Clinton set in motion the apparatus for Iraq Two in 1997 when he signed the papers to actively subvert Saddam's government. We can argue till the cows come home whether Saddam was a bully or not but he was Boos Man's bully-boy who kept Iraq's many pieces together.

In Iraq, Jews were not harassed and live peacefully amongst their fellow man for thousands of years, Shia and Sunni got along for the most part and intermarried, the Kurds tolerated the nations around them encroachment on their homelands.

Iran isn't much different exception being the religious makeup.

Bump over to India and they have in the neighborhood of 150 million Muslims.

Now it's heating up (civil war) in Thailand. Look at their southern border with Malaysia and the Muslims are there, too.

Of course, it is 'domestic' the world is and has always been a smaller place due to the Internet and Barack Obama will make it even cozier than all the President's men before him. His "Czars" will see to that.

This will please Nick, Ryan and others most happy. A softer, gently newspeak war machine purring with Obama's Oracles.

Your papers. Please will be verboten. Your papers will suffice.
Don't run to your death
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Nick,
Exactly. The chances any two nations going to war with each other is highly unlikely, and that is what most of the US military is designed for. So by having that kind of apparatus around in the modern world, it only makes the world less safe and secure.
Yes, and if you observe what many of the other major developed nations are doing, it is in total contrast to the US apparatus as you say. For example: Canada's military has slowly transformed into more of a disaster relief, and peace keeping force, meaning a glorified security guard that attempts to stand in between two conflicting parties, thereby buffering the collateral damage.

However, the US actually causes more modern militarys to move in a backwards direction, meaning be more confrontational, and take on a more invasive role in other nations. And spend more money to increase the size of the military, which is what Canada has started doing again.

Since sept 11, the US has convinced many nations around the world to increase military spending to make their forces more technological advanced and all the rest of it, but this seems like a waste of resources to me.

It is interesting that conservatives typically want a larger military, more troops, and bigger guns, thereby making the world less secure. Their attitude encourages an increase of terrorism around the world, thereby ironically contradicting their original intention, which is to somehow defeat the terrorists.

It is unfortunate that backwards thinking people are able to weld so much power in this world.

At least Obama is taking a more modern approach by calling on all nuclear states to decrease their nuclear stockpiles, as that seems like a step in the right direction, rather then increasing the size of military through increased spending.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

The US military is currently hard to compare with anything, not as much in military power (which is increasingly argued to be increasingly obsolete in the fast moving realities of a post-civilization UN administered world) but how their size, budget and intelligence sources are so intertwined with countless lobbies, political factions, industrial cliques, shadowy intelligence networks and multi-level political games. Thereby over decades creating an immense web of pulls and pushes which have not much to do anymore with the initial mission statement of the military, let alone the combat aspects of death and destruction, which form really just a tiny fraction of modern operations of the Moloch still called deceptively 'armed forces'.

The economical bankruptcy which is taking shape in most Judeo-Christian nations might very well trump any military or moral superiority complex the West is suffering from. The power play currently going on at the UNSC is somewhat interesting in that regard.

The Iran nuclear deal and the new premier league of global powers
...this already rickety traditional international security architecture, maintained and policed by a few self-appointed countries, cannot hold much longer. Power is shifting away from the west. You can almost feel it go.
This is pretty clear to me, as economical raw, potential power including the ability to network properly is the binding factor for any imagined military might (like in WW2 Germany and the US were the relevant coming players introducing many new forms of warfare). And some of the upcoming economies have right now the clearer, more informed insight in the shifting economical centers on this globe and appear to be playing their cards pretty well underneath all the rhetoric.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-Diebert van Rhijn-
The US military is currently hard to compare with anything, not as much in military power but how their size, budget and intelligence sources are so intertwined with countless lobbies, political factions, industrial cliques, shadowy intelligence networks and multi-level political games. Thereby over decades creating an immense web of pulls and pushes which have not much to do anymore with the initial mission statement of the military, let alone the combat aspects of death and destruction, which form really just a tiny fraction of modern operations of the Moloch still called deceptively 'armed forces'.

-tomas-
The U.S. has a couple carrier groups on its way to the Korean Peninsula.

Another carrier group is just about at Taiwan. China is ready to drop the other shoe.

A couple/three are at Hormuz.

-Diebert-
The economical bankruptcy which is taking shape in most Judeo-Christian nations might very well trump any military or moral superiority complex the West is suffering from. The power play currently going on at the UNSC is somewhat interesting in that regard.

-tomas-
Really, Diebert. 'Judeo-Christian nations' is just another buzzword for Pagan nations....

-Diebert-
This is pretty clear to me, as economical raw, potential power including the ability to network properly is the binding factor for any imagined military might (like in WW2 Germany and the US were the relevant coming players introducing many new forms of warfare). And some of the upcoming economies have right now the clearer, more informed insight in the shifting economical centers on this globe and appear to be playing their cards pretty well underneath all the rhetoric.

-tomas-
Germany has scads of nukes. The "Holy" Roman Empire has one last hurrah in it. Germany is getting together again. The EU is nervous as never before about this mountain of debt that the Vatican has created as they have all the gold of the world. There's a more-important reason why the have the Swiss Guard at their vault. Canada/US/Mexico monetary union goes into effect in June. The Euro currency is dropping like a ton of lead bricks - don't you understand why?

Obama is the Chosen One to impose the final solution on the low-life Jewish settlers and the low-life Palestinian masses. The Sacrificial Altar is being set.

The Holocaust was just a test run.

The Warburgs ran both sides of the Operation

The Temple will be rebuilt
Don't run to your death
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

Hi Diebert. What if Moloch went Auto-Tune?

Sorry, man. This is the best I can come up with. (For right now).
Nick

Post by Nick »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:The US military is currently hard to compare with anything, not as much in military power (which is increasingly argued to be increasingly obsolete in the fast moving realities of a post-civilization UN administered world) but how their size, budget and intelligence sources are so intertwined with countless lobbies, political factions, industrial cliques, shadowy intelligence networks and multi-level political games. Thereby over decades creating an immense web of pulls and pushes which have not much to do anymore with the initial mission statement of the military, let alone the combat aspects of death and destruction, which form really just a tiny fraction of modern operations of the Moloch still called deceptively 'armed forces'.
Another important factor is how the US military-industrial-complex serves as a massive jobs program for the american worker which keeps the people here at home unwilling to speak against any of it's ambitions. It's the only major manufacturing sector (aside from a few remnants of the auto industry) in this country that hasn't been outsourced.