When You Judge Someone...What Are You Judging Them For?

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Young people constantly judge one another, and then you're a pro at judging by the time you're 50! And there's nothing worse than the old farts judging the young!

It's not fair to judge the young, for they are still learning and discovering life. Corrective critisism can go a long way, but to outright judge the young is wrong. For they are enjoying their lives like the people who went before them did, it's their right, to live the way they choose.

Young people are envious of what other young people have, the more one has, the more likely they'll judge someone who doesn't have. Unless, they are missionaries who know better.

The real truth is those who don't have, in most cases are the ones who have far more abundantly than those who do have! And we're not talking material gain here, we're talking about value of one's person and character. And this quote will bring you insight into what I'm saying.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather one of value" Albert Einstein

I judge no one, however, I prefer and expect the best outcome from everyone!

Who do you 'Judge' and Why? Stop judging people, judging contributes to feelings of inferiority. But, the judger doesn't care, maybe he likes to feel superior over others. Keep it up and the tables will turn one day, and you'll find you're the one being JUDGED!
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Re: When You Judge Someone...What Are You Judging Them For?

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

once i looked at a man and thought he looked like a killer. I distinctly remember him...he was very tall..his eyes were huge, and black and they seemed to stare at nothing in particular, glazed over. He didn't look at me, he seemed to be day - dreaming. He looked so evil that i was just puzzled, thinking, what on earth is sitting across from me? A while later he was convicted for murder. It was that same man, i was right about him. There was nothing left of him, he was completely insane and i knew it. I can often judge if someone is good or evil...not just by their physical features..just by looking at their souls. I only judge people on if they are evil or good, who cares about the superficial stuff?
pierdog

Post by pierdog »

I judge them on their level of & potential for wisdom if any & degree of self-involvement in order to assess whether they're worth getting to know or not.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

HUNTEDvsINVIS wrote:once i looked at a man and thought he looked like a killer. I distinctly remember him...he was very tall..his eyes were huge, and black and they seemed to stare at nothing in particular, glazed over. He didn't look at me, he seemed to be day - dreaming. He looked so evil that i was just puzzled, thinking, what on earth is sitting across from me? A while later he was convicted for murder. It was that same man, i was right about him. There was nothing left of him, he was completely insane and i knew it. I can often judge if someone is good or evil...not just by their physical features..just by looking at their souls. I only judge people on if they are evil or good, who cares about the superficial stuff?
Mensa says: You are tuned into your insight and realize it.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

HUNTEDvsINVIS wrote:once i looked at a man and thought he looked like a killer. I distinctly remember him...he was very tall..his eyes were huge, and black and they seemed to stare at nothing in particular, glazed over. He didn't look at me, he seemed to be day - dreaming. He looked so evil that i was just puzzled, thinking, what on earth is sitting across from me? A while later he was convicted for murder. It was that same man, i was right about him. There was nothing left of him, he was completely insane and i knew it. I can often judge if someone is good or evil...not just by their physical features..just by looking at their souls. I only judge people on if they are evil or good, who cares about the superficial stuff?
Mensa says: You are tuned into your insight and realize it.

oops, I doubled this message
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

pierdog wrote:I judge them on their level of & potential for wisdom if any & degree of self-involvement in order to assess whether they're worth getting to know or not.
Mensa says: Wisdom doesn't always present itself upon the first meeting, therefore, first impressions don't count. Hormones and phermones are responsible for attracting humanity to humanity, do you think the scents are going to attract us to the wrong scents?

Judging is nonsense! No one is to Judge anyone according to scriptures, but then not everyone believes the scriptures, yet there'll bow down before Buddha, why do you suppose that is? It's because Buddha can be seen, "You who have seen and you believe, you are blessed, but more blessed are those who've not seen and yet they believe"

What exactly are you Judging? How wise they are? it might turn out they're smarter than you and decide you're not their choice to chum with.