Who Skis?

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

Who Skis?

Post by mensa-maniac »

Who Skis?

For a few years I had the same reoccurring dream that I was an avid skier, I skied the Swiss Alps and led a team of skiers to safety.

Back a few years ago I had the opportunity to go skiing with a friend (my first time) I let people know it was my first time, so they didn't expect what they all witnessed, my success on skis.

I knew all eyes were on me, so I knew that I had to perform or make a fool of myself. I decided to give it my best and proceeded across the hill instead of straight down it, to a huge man-made ditch made for the skiers. I must have shocked my audience as I skied right down the side of that ditch and up the other wall and then down and up again and out, and now feeling great I headed my journey downhill, succeeding in my first skiing experience. The only problem I had was stopping properly, but I made it down that hill with an exhilarating thrill of a lifetime.

It was like my dream came true, or that I just expected myself to do good and I did! I became that avid skier in my dream.
Carl G

Re: Who Skis?

Post by Carl G »

I love the whoosh of skis on the snow, slick with turtle wax, sliding down a mountain, and the exhilarating lungs-full of atmosphere sucked in while making snap decisions about body pitch and lay of the land, and the feeling of freedom looking out over the frozen landscape as I descend at speed, and the rush of air that tells me, this is dangerous, but oh so good. Wait, no I don't.
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

I snowboard and have a similar story.

I was boarding down a hill, and I had a problem with confidently turning my board so I could reach any speed over 15 mph, until I dreamed one night. And I dreamed how to fix it. The next day I was basically a carving pro.
To think or not to think.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Yes, sleeping sorts out the days data input and figures things out while one sleeps! Amazingly, the next day you find you're able to fix or solve a problem.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Carl G wrote:I love the whoosh of skis on the snow, slick with turtle wax, sliding down a mountain, and the exhilarating lungs-full of atmosphere sucked in while making snap decisions about body pitch and lay of the land, and the feeling of freedom looking out over the frozen landscape as I descend at speed, and the rush of air that tells me, this is dangerous, but oh so good. Wait, no I don't.
Mensa says: I like your expression, it serves your skiing experience well. I can relate well with the awesome feeling of freedom, the joy, the moments of decision, the exhilarating experience in itself, and the daring and knowing you can do it!
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

lol I'm glad you read the last lines Mensa.
To think or not to think.