The Wisdom in an Idea...can be Anyone's

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

The Wisdom in an Idea...can be Anyone's

Post by mensa-maniac »

The Wisdom in an idea...can be Anyone's

Wisdom isn't limited to only the wise, otherwise, what good would any less be?

Wisdom in a thought can be produced from a poor pauper, janitor, as well as a philosopher or one with logic. Everyone's ideas are beneficial to at least one person, but that alone doesn't make it wise. What makes the idea wise is the enlightenment of it. The opening of one's eyes to it where one is benefitted.

To benefit from a wise saying is to understand the benefit, which is the contributing factor.
mensa-maniac

Re: The Wisdom in an Idea...can be Anyone's

Post by mensa-maniac »

mensa-maniac wrote:The Wisdom in an idea...can be Anyone's

Wisdom isn't limited to only the wise, otherwise, what good would any less be?

Wisdom in a thought can be produced from a poor pauper, janitor, as well as a philosopher or one with logic. Everyone's ideas are beneficial to at least one person, but that alone doesn't make it wise. What makes the idea wise is the enlightenment of it. The opening of one's eyes to it where one is benefitted.

To benefit from a wise saying is to understand the benefit, which is the contributing factor.
I saved this writing from being lost in cyber-space, by simply clicking onto the quote button and using the back button to get it back.
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

if one majored in philosophy, odds are they are the janitor.

those who claim to be wise have no wisdom for wisdom need not be acknowledged.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Who's claiming to be wise?

Read the post over again!

A person who knows they are wise, doesn't have to say it, they show it!
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

The wise show their wisdom? According to whom? How does a non-wise person recognise wisdom in the first place?
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

you misunderstood my point, and really just supported it.

you don't need to be wise to recognize wisdom.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Certainly, the wise show their wisdom, through their speech and actions. Others know they are wise through their effective and efficient expression, such as our forefathers,Sir Isaac Newton, Nietzche, Confucius, Chuang, Buddha,Louie Reil, Gita Bhagavad, Shakespere,Sir John A. MacDonald, Sir Wilfred Laurier, and still many more who've shown their wisdom for those wise enough to see it.

I never claimed to be wise, I claimed to be genius!
Last edited by mensa-maniac on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Gurrb wrote:you don't need to be wise to recognize wisdom.
Er, yes you do.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Well I don't know about that.

Wisdom arose from a seething broil of chemicals? If so, everyone should be equally wise, since we are all anatomically the same.
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

for some reason the wisest person i know doesn't seem to talk much. He sees discussions like these ones as "entertainment"
though. he is wise because his brain has great speed but his thoughts are also most logical. People call him "colorless" because mostly he doesn't talk but his brain sucks in every detail around him. He seems to have many good answers, so i consider him to be wise. I am a fool, but i recognise wisdom when i see it.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

most people can recognize exaggerated forms of stupidy, which makes able to pick up on a small spectrum of wisdom.

However, the more subtle truths that require a sharper mind, not many people understand the significant of.

For instance: Most people do not realize the dangers of emotional attachment, and continue to blindly fall into the same traps over and over again, without ever reflecting on their behavior because the pleasure in the moment is what is most important to them.

Such unconsciousness by its definition cannot be aware of supreme wisdom, or else it wouldn't be an unconscious force to begin with, it would be a wise force. It seems so logical and straight forward.
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

you're from canada mensa-maniac.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

It sounds like you're describing me to the tee, however, my nickname is rainbow, many colors to a rainbow. I like the silent type, absorbing their surrounding, offering their voice when necessary, and only pure sensible things come from within them.

I'm quiet and sensible most times, until I become brave with a nice relaxing hoot or three to alter my thinking, and write silly things like the post above.
prince wrote:Well I don't know about that.

Wisdom arose from a seething broil of chemicals? If so, everyone should be equally wise, since we are all anatomically the same.
This should be true, so how would it be explained the different levels of consciousness of humanity? It seems everyone has the ability to learn, which seems to upgrade their consciousness level. So is that to say one's consciousness level can be altered with education?

Everyone is conscious at their own level, and even those highly educated appear to be unaware at times, totally oblivious to their consciousness level.

Different levels of consciousness must not have anything to do with ignorance or the altering of that ignorance. If it did all educated persons would necessarily be highly conscious, which instead they are highly educated.

Being highly conscious from the time of early childhood, helped me to steer my life down the right path in life, in which I did.
Dan Rowden wrote:
Gurrb wrote:you don't need to be wise to recognize wisdom.
Er, yes you do.
I was the biggest ignoramus alive just a few short years ago, I couldn't even write a single sentence, I had no idea where a comma or semi-colon went, I had absolutely no opinion none, I was purely ignorant but not stupid. I've always been able to pinpoint wisdom. But, that's because I have logic, I must have had logic as a kid too. I guess people are just not stupid as they are ignorant!

The world is coming down to giving the idiots a chance in life, and fuck education sort of speak. At one time it was all the best chosen for this or that, only the best was considered for anything at all, the most educated, the smartest the best, now it is the ordinary taking precedence.

Just watch and you'll see! It's starting on TV.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:most people can recognize exaggerated forms of stupidy, which makes able to pick up on a small spectrum of wisdom.

Mensa says: OK, I admit, I'm consciously stupid at times!

However, the more subtle truths that require a sharper mind, not many people understand the significant of.

For instance: Most people do not realize the dangers of emotional attachment, and continue to blindly fall into the same traps over and over again, without ever reflecting on their behavior because the pleasure in the moment is what is most important to them.

Such unconsciousness by its definition cannot be aware of supreme wisdom, or else it wouldn't be an unconscious force to begin with, it would be a wise force. It seems so logical and straight forward.
Mensa says: You make so much sense Ryan, but how can a conscious person be considered unconscious?

Oh, never mind, I understand, unconscious meaning totally oblivious to consciousness!
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Gurrb wrote:you're from canada mensa-maniac.
Yes Gurrb, and proud of it!

I've always loved watching American TV, the people have this enthusiasm and they all seem to have this confidence about them, and all appear to be highly educated. I love the US people for the most part.

Canada has it's intelligence, and runs the country through intelligence.

I didn't notice where you are from Gurrb, I feel like I just burped, where did you get that name from?
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

canada as well, i just thought you were canadian because of the reference to macdonald and laurier.

as for my name, something random.