Who is Sarah Palin to you?

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

I cannot give an accurate view of Sarah Palin because I don't know her enough to state an opinion. But, what I have seen of her, she appears to know her stuff. I like her character, her dare to be adventuresome, her confident manner etc. etc. but, then I'm an optimist and see good in everyone, so it's like wearing rose-colored glasses, my view is either dimmed or I'm smart enough to focus on the positive vs. the negative.

Speaking from a critical viewpoint, I somewhat admire her audacity to poke at the President Barrack Obama, and opinion is opinion, however, it's not wise on her part. He's not just a mere man, he was chosen by the people for the people to run his country, he shouldn't be put on equal footing with society but more of a higher pedestal.

To many high society people have a meddling say into other people's lives, people hide behind their closed doors just for some privacy purposes. And heaven forbid if any one of these people are caught being human, they almost receive a death penalty.

As for Sarah Palin, I can speak with her or anyone else for that matter, if given the opportunity. I have no problem with my communicative skills that a little attention to vocabulary to develop my smarts.

What do you know about Sarah, not just your opinions but her abilities.
Animus

Re: Who is Sarah Palin to you?

Post by Animus »

Sara Palin would get pwned by a nematode in a presidential debate.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-mensa-maniac-
Who is Sarah Palin to you? I cannot give an accurate view of Sarah Palin because I don't know her enough to state an opinion. But, what I have seen of her, she appears to know her stuff. I like her character, her dare to be adventuresome, her confident manner etc. etc. but, then I'm an optimist and see good in everyone, so it's like wearing rose-colored glasses, my view is either dimmed or I'm smart enough to focus on the positive vs. the negative.

-tomas-
She will be the GOP nominee for president. My guess is she'll pick either Gov. Rick Perry of Texas or former Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. That said, governor do not make for quality presidents. Name one who excelled for the common people, not the elite. She is another party hack and if she doesn't die in a plane crash before inauguration day .. she will be president.

-mensa-
Speaking from a critical viewpoint, I somewhat admire her audacity to poke at the President Barrack Obama, and opinion is opinion, however, it's not wise on her part. He's not just a mere man, he was chosen by the people for the people to run his country, he shouldn't be put on equal footing with society but more of a higher pedestal.

-tomas-
He was selected back in the early 1990s. The Marxists had him pegged that early in the game. Seems little prior government experience is the new wave of the present future.

-mensa-
To many high society people have a meddling say into other people's lives, people hide behind their closed doors just for some privacy purposes. And heaven forbid if any one of these people are caught being human, they almost receive a death penalty.

-tomas-
Both Palin and Obama are losers, but they both support the 1,000 year reich.

-mensa-
As for Sarah Palin, I can speak with her or anyone else for that matter, if given the opportunity. I have no problem with my communicative skills that a little attention to vocabulary to develop my smarts.

-tomas-
From a linguistic point of view, Sarah runs circles around Barack. Barack however, has the legal training and can parse words with the worst of them. Barack is sinking in the Rasmussen polls and that spells doom and gloom for the Dems. Even Mayor Richard Daley of Chicago has sounded the alarm. It will take a Diebold moment to pull Barack from a sure defeat. Me? I'd rather hang with Barack than Sarah, but on an intellectual level Sarah wins out.

-mensa-
What do you know about Sarah, not just your opinions but her abilities.

-tomas-
She is masculine in her thinking whereas Barack is feminine.

She has done what she could to raise a normal family, as has Barack.

The common voters will have no choice in 2012. The lesser of two evils still means you're choosing...

PS - We now return you to our pre-programmed spoon-fed Genius Forum.
Don't run to your death
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Palin is a moron. QED.

Oh, and a thread like this hardly belongs in the main forum, Donna.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Then move it where it can be discussed, I would like to know people's opinions of Sarah Palin.

What is QED? Don't answer if it is ridiculous.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-mensa-maniac-
Then move it where it can be discussed, I would like to know people's opinions of Sarah Palin.

-tomas-
Purgatory has an opening ... Sarah was baptized (Catholic) as an infant before converting to holy roller

-mensa-
What is QED?

-tomas-
David Quinn Edifies Dan Rowden.

-mensa-
Don't answer if it is ridiculous.

-tomas-
You asked for it, you got it.
Last edited by Tomas on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't run to your death
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Tomas,

the lane ends in gold when a bumper finds the twelfth knight
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

mensa-maniac wrote:Then move it where it can be discussed, I would like to know people's opinions of Sarah Palin.
What can I say - I'm a tad weary of admin duties that I ought not be burdened with at all.
What is QED? Don't answer if it is ridiculous.
Q.E.D. is an abbreviation of the Latin phrase quod erat demonstrandum, which literally means "which was to be demonstrated". The phrase is written in its abbreviated form at the end of a mathematical proof or philosophical argument to signify that the last statement deduced was the one to be demonstrated; the abbreviation thus signals the completion of the proof.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Steven Coyle wrote:Tomas,

the lane ends in gold when a bumper finds the twelfth knight
Knights Templar Code For Dummies
by Christopher Hodapp and Alice VonKannon

Author Stephen Dafoe and artist Allen Chester have published a new
deck of Tarot cards, based on Knights Templar history and imagery.

Templar Tarot: the Journey http://templarcodefordummies.blogspot.com

PS - The bumper is a glass filled with booze. Hmm. Gimme a couple days with this one :-/
Last edited by Tomas on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't run to your death
Animus

Post by Animus »

I guess Palin has a "masculine" mind, if masculine includes blatantly lieing in order to maintain a polished public image.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

From what I know about her, she is not an intellectual. Most of her opinions are conventional and mundane, many are almost backwards. She believes wholeheartedly in many of the views of the typical US conservative, meaning she is anti-abortion, pro life, anti-family planning, she favors the bible over science in many ways, she values big oil over environmental protection. Apparently, she got in some trouble for trying to ban science books from her local library. She denies evolution through and through.

Matt Damon was pretty hard on her, and for good reason, people of average and below average intelligence shouldn't be given power. Exceptional thinkers are the only ones that can handle that sort of responsibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anxkrm9uEJk
Last edited by Ryan Rudolph on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

mensa-maniac wrote:Who is Sarah Palin to you?
She's a pretty good example of the QRS Woman.

mensa-maniac wrote:I cannot give an accurate view of Sarah Palin because I don't know her enough to state an opinion. But, what I have seen of her, she appears to know her stuff.
Really? Maybe it's possible that she just had a brain fart and couldn't think of any respectable news sources, but to also not even have a concept of Supreme Court rulings other than Roe v Wade
Animus

Post by Animus »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Really? Maybe it's possible that she just had a brain fart and couldn't think of any respectable news sources, but to also not even have a concept of Supreme Court rulings other than Roe v Wade
I may not be an American, but I can see Americana from my back porch. Here is a US Supreme Court ruling I disagree with: Powell v Texas.

Oh but ya knaw there is just so many in the history of that big ol' cuntry, how's a poor bloke from Ontario suppose'ta know, ya knaw?
Pye

Post by Pye »

When I think of Sarah Palin, I think of John McCain. Full stop.

Because of his lack of vetting and lack of judgment, the rest of the american country - and now the rest of the world - is held hostage to discussing this woman seriously as a holder of high office. Because of John McCain, she takes herself that seriously, too. Because of John McCain, the knee-jerking fringe right has an attractive mouthpiece to continue to insert itself into the national dialogue - has much wider exposure than fundamentalist fringe elements - by definition - usually have.

The issue here is less Sarah Palin, and more John McCain. You can fill any name into the blank of this situation and still come up with the same dynamic: the great swirling idiocy that results from an ill thought-out decision on the part of an impulsive and influential man. Now everyone else is held hostage to trying to rationalize his decision for him. That one ill-considered decision continues to reverberate not for its wisdom, but for its idiocy.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

mensa-maniac wrote:so it's like [I'm] wearing rose-colored glasses.
Or perhaps something like this?
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Tomas wrote:She is masculine in her thinking whereas Barack is feminine.
It's a more subtle confusion: Palin acts out a masculine role, only skin deep, which is already enough to look favorable, compared to most professional politicians. This can be seen in philosophy too, and during war: many women stepping up to the plate to fill a vacuum. But give Palin a little bit more power or microphone time and the make-up fades rather quickly. In a way one can learn a lot about the feminine by understanding her campaign and the supporters who often are not even sure why they support her - there is something there, they'd tell you....
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Seriously Obamabots, are you idiots happy with this Muslim faggot?
Obama Takes A Swing > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6-e-pxc7gY

Larry Sinclair: Obama's "Drug and Sex party limosine" > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MceFVpJ-Gyc

-Diebert van Rhijn-
It's a more subtle confusion: Palin acts out a masculine role, only skin deep, which is already enough to look favorable, compared to most professional politicians.

-tomas-
She entered national politics hamstrung with an idiot named John McCain from Arizona no less, an obvious smarmy serial adulterer who didn't even select her (his Bush-handlers did). She needs a quality go-to guy (not the Bush-type type faggots), brush up on the Orwellian Newspeak if she plans on a 2012 run. She has the majority (60%) of the Democratic & Republican sure-to-vote men chasing her empty womb yet they admire her willingness? to become pregnant and carry his seed to an actual boy/girl human status. Women don't care for her too much (about 30% hardcore haters) who clearly don't understand her feminist ideology. You know, she gave a warm thankyou to Geraldine Ferraro and Hillary Rodham for blazing the trail... Camille Paglia caught that right away.

-Diebert-
This can be seen in philosophy too, and during war: many women stepping up to the plate to fill a vacuum.

-tomas-
Good choice of word .. vacuum.

-Diebert-
But give Palin a little bit more power or microphone time and the make-up fades rather quickly.

-tomas-
Doesn't Obama know this, but doesn't care as long as he does what his trainers tell him to. Should he stray from the reservation, the mysterious plane crash awaits all. See what fate befell John F. Kennedy Jr. when he put out the word he was going to take on the Democratic Machine in 2000.

Some of my old political people tell me Sarah Heath Palin has more (of the European) royal bloodline than Obama does, and Palin has some native-American blood, from the Heath side, too. It won't matter who the Democrats put up in 2012. It surely will not be Obama, as Obama is carrying out his assignments as planned.

-Diebert-
In a way one can learn a lot about the feminine by understanding her campaign and the supporters who often are not even sure why they support her - there is something there, they'd tell you....

-tomas-
Hey, set brushfires in the minds of enough commonfolk and the Establishment will back off. Whether Sarah goes Republican or signs onto the up and coming Teabag political party. It wasn't black/orange pekoe "tea" that was dumped in the harbor, it was the hemp plant.

PS - The Patrick Henry's abound even in 21st Century America. Whether Sarah Palin is the Liberty Dollar worth her weight .. or window dressing I can not foretell. She keeps her moral principles all will be fine for the USA. Should she go mainstream like Obama she will abort any last breath for Lady Liberty. The American Gulag will be a permanent fixture beyond my years on this planet. The city on the shining hill will be just that, inhabited by robotic creatures of habit worshipping the monuments of Rome and Greece ;-(

Be A Good American!

DON'T TRY TO THINK!

Never remove your blinders!

A MESSAGE FROM THE MINISTRY OF HOMELAND SECURITY
Don't run to your death
Animus

Post by Animus »

Maybe Obama is just good at reading his teleprompter like he means it. All-in-all, that makes hims superior to Palin.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
It's a more subtle confusion: Palin acts out a masculine role, only skin deep, which is already enough to look favorable, compared to most professional politicians. This can be seen in philosophy too, and during war: many women stepping up to the plate to fill a vacuum. But give Palin a little bit more power or microphone time and the make-up fades rather quickly. In a way one can learn a lot about the feminine by understanding her campaign and the supporters who often are not even sure why they support her - there is something there, they'd tell you....
I've another take on your wonderful way of searing a man's conscience. Much the same when Barack showed up, though he still hasn't released his medical records, nor his college transcripts and other assorted stuff. Every single major party candidate from JFK on has .. but him. Why is that? Where has his support gone and why is that?

Samadhi started a Barack Obama thread in early 2008 and I called it early on that Barack would win, barring the nomination of Ron Paul by the Republican party. Ron Paul was the only person, whom all the polls said, could defeat Obama. The same may be true in 2012 but Ron Paul is getting up there in age where the Establishment would off him in some mysterious plane crash.

I realized when I was in my mid-teens and facing the Draft that politics (many blood-sucking creatures) is made up of bald-faced liars, from JFKs call to fascism (ask not what your country..) to LBJs "I will not send American boys to do a job that..." Cassius Clay (Ali) got it right when he said ... "They (the yellow man) didn't call my mama any names." He paid the financial price (and the heavyweight title stripped) very few Americans have had to face in their own, ordinary lives. There is still a minority of folk who love others enough to stand and put their life before mammon.

So, why be a slave to the latest pretty face the Establishment puts in the face of We The People? .. when these idiots inhabit our very own Genius Forum. Their Establishment-programmed "genius" brains go on autopilot (a knee-jerk reaction to) when McCain selects Palin to be a running mate. The Establishment got the usual suspects to whisper sweet nothings on all the media outlets (TV, Internet, Hustler magazine whatever) and Urban Legends about Palin popped up everywhere. The usual dolts here started singing in unison. Iolaus stands out with her spouting some pre-programmed gossip that Sarah Palin's baby wasn't her own, claims the Atlantic Monthly said so .. so it must be true. Now, Ryan claims he heard somewhere that Sarah Palin had tried to ban some books in Wasilla, geez, the Genius Forums elements are everywhere.

This may seem a rant to some but Diebert understands all :-)

Lemme see .. some more Remote Viewing is in order.
Last edited by Tomas on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't run to your death
Animus

Post by Animus »

Tomas wrote:
Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
I've another take on your wonderful way of searing a man's conscience. Much the same when Barack showed up, though he still hasn't released his medical records, nor his college transcripts and other assorted stuff. Every single major party candidate from JFK on has .. but him. Why is that? Where has his support gone and why is that?

Samadhi started a Barack Obama thread in early 2008 and I called it early on that Barack would win, barring the nomination of Ron Paul by the Republican party. Ron Paul was the only person, whom all the polls said, could defeat Obama. The same may be true in 2012 but Ron Paul is getting up there in age where the Establishment would off him in some mysterious plane crash.

I realized when I was in my mid-teens and facing the Draft that politics (many blood-sucking creatures) is made up of bald-faced liars, from JFKs call to fascism (ask not what your country..) to LBJs "I will not send American boys to do a job that..." Cassius Clay (Ali) got it right when he said ... "They (the yellow man) didn't call my mama any names." He paid the financial price (and the heavyweight title stripped) very few Americans have had to face in their own, ordinary lives. There is still a minority of folk who love others enough to stand and put their life before mammon.

So, why be a slave to the latest pretty face the Establishment puts in the face of We The People? .. when these idiots inhabit our very own Genius Forum. Their Establishment-programmed "genius" brains go on autopilot (a knee-jerk reaction to) when McCain selects Palin to be a running mate. The Establishment got the usual suspects to whisper sweet nothings on all the media outlets (TV, Internet, Hustler magazine whatever) and Urban Legends about Palin popped up everywhere. The usual dolts here started singing in unison. Iolaus stands out with her spouting some nonsense that Sarah Palin's baby wasn't her own, claims the Atlantic Monthly said so .. so it must be true. Now, Ryan claims he heard somewhere that Sarah Palin had tried to ban some books in Wasilla, geez, the Genius Forums elements are everywhere.

Lemme see... some more Remote Viewing is in order.
You know, I sat down one night and spent 5+ hours on Rasmussen and Gallup polls looking at presidential approval ratings. It turns out that any president who's first term feel on an economic recession experienced the same phenomenal drop in approval ratings by december of the first term. Faux News and other hack news organizations are fond of comparing Rasmussen polls to Gallup polls. You see Rasmussen started in 1999 and has no data on presidents prior to '99, so it is impossible to compare Rasmussen results for Obama against Rasmussen results for Carter, because Rasmussen wasn't around during Carter's administration. But this is what Fox News has been doing to Obama's approval ratings when they air the results. An important difference is that Gallup takes total approve (including strongly and somewhat approve) and total disapprove and compares those values, where as Rasmussen compares strongly approve against strongly disapprove and ignores the somewhat approve and disapprove categories for their "Presidential Approval Index". Now, if you stick with Gallup because of different data collection methods and calculations of approval index, which any good statistician would do, you'd see this trend of falling approval ratings during an economic recession, particularly in the first term of presidency. You'd also see that some 50% of polled individuals approve of Obama's administration, its a clean split, whereas the Rasmussen excludes some of the results. Furthermore Fox News excludes an entire category from their reporting, they fail to report on the "Somewhat Approve" category resulting in an extreme bias toward disapproval, and ultimately numbers that don't add up at all.

It took me a long time to get into the parts of the websites that talk about data collection methods and the calculations performed to arrive at the presidential approval index or rating, because this information is only sought by a handful of genuine skeptics. Now Tomas, here you are repeating the garbage that streams forth from the beast and accusing Genius members of not looking far enough?
Animus

Post by Animus »

Here is some statistical analysis from Gallup's section on Presidential Approval Ratings:

At the start of this decade, Americans' satisfaction with the direction of the country stood at 69%, near the record-high 71% established in early 1999 that was fueled by a booming economy. Satisfaction levels quickly descended in 2001 as economic concerns mounted, and fell below 50% in mid-August of that year (48%). However, in the first few months after the 2001 terrorist attacks, public satisfaction quickly rebounded -- part of a broader "rally around the flag" effect triggered by 9/11 -- reaching 70% in December.

The 9/11 effect on U.S. satisfaction dissipated in less than a year, with satisfaction returning to 49% by July 2002. Americans' satisfaction with the direction of the country generally remained between 40% and 50% in 2003 (averaging 46%), but fell to an average 43% in 2004, 38% in 2005, 31% in 2006, and 28% in 2007. Satisfaction sank further -- along with a faltering U.S. stock market -- at the start of 2008, dropping well below 20% for the first time since 1992.

U.S. satisfaction nearly collapsed in late 2008, falling from 21% in September to 8% October in the midst of the emerging Wall Street financial crisis. Satisfaction recovered only slightly over the next few months, then rose more sharply in April and May 2009 -- driven largely by increased satisfaction among Democrats under the new Obama administration. Satisfaction in 2009 peaked at 36% in August. However in the last few months of the year, it settled back into the mid-20s, finishing the decade at 25% in December -- still below the decade average.

Americans' mentions of war as the nation's most important problem (including general mentions of war as well as specific mentions of the situations in Iraq and Afghanistan) also increased after Sept. 11, and began to rise substantially in the final months of 2002 and into 2003 as the Bush administration made it clear that the U.S. was going to become militarily involved in Iraq. By May 2003, after Bush's "Mission Accomplished" speech on the aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln, mentions of war as the nation's top problem fell and remained low through the summer of that year. Then, as it became evident that the Iraq war was by no means over -- and as U.S. casualties mounted, hitting 1,000 in September 2004 -- mentions of Iraq as the nation's top problem began to increase, and basically stayed relatively high through the summer of 2008, before falling to the single digits as the decade ended. Mentions of Afghanistan as the nation's top problem were at a low 4% at decade's end.

Americans' designation of economic-related issues as the nation's top problems waxed and waned during the decade. Over 20% of Americans were mentioning some aspect of the economy as the nation's top problem in early 2000. Those concerns rose to over 50% by May 2003, but fell into the teens by late 2006 and into 2007. Then, beginning in the late fall of 2007, Americans increasingly began to mention aspects of the economy as the top problem, with a sharp rise in concerns by the winter and spring of 2008. By the summer of 2008, 60% or more of Americans were mentioning some aspect of the economy as the nation's top problem. Concern spiked even higher in the fall of 2008 and winter of 2009, reaching the decade's highest point in February of this year, when 86% of Americans spontaneously mentioned economic issues as the nation's top problem. As the decade ended, economic concerns had abated somewhat, dropping to 55% in December 2009.

The perception that healthcare is the nation's top problem was fairly scarce during most of the decade, reaching a low point of 1% in October 2001 (as terrorism overrode other concerns). By the summer of 2009, as President Obama and congressional leaders began to focus intently on new healthcare reform legislation, the public's mentioning of healthcare as the country's top problem began to rise again, reaching 26% by late August/early September. At decade's end, concerns over healthcare had drifted back to 16%.

You see the publics opinion waxes and wanes with their concerns and so forth. Obama came into office on a white horse that quickly got stuck in the economic mud. It'd take something special to not encounter the same problems with approval during a recession as every other president before him and indeed what Bush experienced in the last years of his terms. As such, your implicit assumption about Obama's approval ratings are problematic. Its not likely that withholding information has any effect on his approval ratings, when war and economy are such hot issues.

Here is some more interesting findings from Gallup polls:

"The lowest presidential job approval rating of the decade was 25%, and Bush reached it three times in the fall of 2008, including at the time of the 2008 election to choose his successor."

Hillary Clinton (16%) just beats out Sarah Palin (15%) in Gallup’s annual Most Admired Woman survey. Barack Obama is the overwhelming choice for Most Admired Man for the second year in a row.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Animus wrote:Now Tomas, here you are repeating the garbage that streams forth from the beast and accusing Genius members of not looking far enough?
Jesus, we're on "Worldly Matters" side of Genius, it's a bit more lax on so-called accusations.

Tell me, how did your very own Brian Harper manage to get the governor-general to extend Harper's term in office? I know, do you?

PS - I'd like to hear your side in your words, not a bunch of twisted write me down stats :-)
Don't run to your death
Animus

Post by Animus »

Tomas wrote:
Animus wrote:Now Tomas, here you are repeating the garbage that streams forth from the beast and accusing Genius members of not looking far enough?
Jesus, we're on "Worldly Matters" side of Genius, it's a bit more lax on so-called accusations.

Tell me, how did your very own Brian Harper manage to get the governor-general to extend Harper's term in office? I know, do you?

PS - I'd like to hear your side in your words, not a bunch of twisted write me down stats :-)
You mean Stephen Harper the Prime Minister of Canada? And are you referring to the Coalition of parties that lobbied for an election to which the Governor-General declined? That's tough to say, for one the GG is an avatar of the Queen of England, part of the British Commonwealth and not strictly serving the interests of Canada. Taken at face value however her reasons seem sound, although she was most likely influenced by Harper's conservative policies.

I'm not sure what this has to do with Obama's Approval Ratings and your accusations, but hey, I'll go along with it for a bit.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Animus 2
Tomas 0

Animus wrote:
Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Really? Maybe it's possible that she just had a brain fart and couldn't think of any respectable news sources, but to also not even have a concept of Supreme Court rulings other than Roe v Wade
I may not be an American, but I can see Americana from my back porch. Here is a US Supreme Court ruling I disagree with: Powell v Texas.

Oh but ya knaw there is just so many in the history of that big ol' cuntry, how's a poor bloke from Ontario suppose'ta know, ya knaw?
I can't remember the name of it, but I don't agree with the one that allows corporations to label residential areas "blighted" when the areas are still humanely livable just so that corporations can kick people out of their homes and develop the area into shopping malls and such.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Animus 2
Tomas 0

Animus wrote:

I can't remember the name of it, but I don't agree with the one that allows corporations to label residential areas "blighted" when the areas are still humanely livable just so that corporations can kick people out of their homes and develop the area into shopping malls and such.
My problem with Powell v Texas is that I see it as a cop-out. Here was an issue where the court was going up against issues of human responsibility and handled it in a very wishywashy manner. The issue was that Powell was to be held responsible for being drunk in a public place, but defended on the basis that alcoholism made him irresponsible. I think there was a great case for Powell that should open up a larger debate on criminal responsibility, but the court concluded on a flakey dichotomy between the compulsion to drink and the effect of alcohol on behavior. Basically stating that Powell was not responsible for being drunk, but for what he did while he was drunk. This just seems like a cop-out of a bigger problem, especially concerning the role of alcohol in influencing behavior and decision-making. Personally, I don't think one can expect much civil behavior from a drunkard, its just copious amounts of alcohol make people obnoxious and out of control. If they are excused from being drunk, then they really oughta be excused from what they do while they are drunk. I'm not sure what a final solution would be, but probably along the lines of dealing with drug and alcohol addiction in a more clinical and less judicial manner.