Naturopathic pseudoscience blows goats for bus fare!

Post questions or suggestions here.
Animus

Naturopathic pseudoscience blows goats for bus fare!

Post by Animus »

One of my facebook "friends" (a guy I knew growing up, that worked for my dad) recently had a baby girl (about 2 months ago) and this baby came down with "Thrush" (Oral Candidias) last week.

I became aware when they advertised a statement to the effect of: "The doctor gave her Nystatin. Slight tommy-ache? SLIGHT? My poor girl is in pain. That's it this medicine is NO MORE!!! Does anyone know any natural remedies?"

Well, this sparked my interest and I began to research this problem. Quite coincidentally I just came off Clindamycin antibiotic prescription as a result of an infection of a cyst that exploded on my nutsack (as previously illustrated). The antibiotics off-set the delicate balance of bacteria and yeast in my system, such that the yeast Candidias was growing out of control (symptoms include fungus growing on tongue). Nystatin was prescribed to me as well.

It turns out Candidias, left unchecked, can evolve to candidias sepsis in the bloodstream which is terminal and kills 70% of people when it progresses to that stage (like metastasis of cancer cells). Nystatin is used because it swiftly eliminates the overproduction of yeasts and returns the system to balance. Alternative treatments include IV drugs and persistent medical monitoring.

Well, apparently I'm not the only person with an interest in medicine. One of my "friend's" other connections happens to be "knowledgeable" in Naturopathic "remedies" and instructed them to administer a substance called Gentian Violet (which is not related to Gentia or Violet at all), a dye extracted from coal tar. GV according to my research (from NIH and oralcancerresearch.org) is a carcinogenic substance. It has been tested multiple times on rodents with as low as 24% chance of developing carcinoma of the bladder, ovaries, and other human organs. However, these effects are only visible in long-term studies and are not immediately detectable. In addition to the carcinogenicity of GV, GV can also tattoo skin (as its a dye) and has as a primary side-effect stomach aches!

I presented all of this research to my "friend" to discourage him from administering a toxic substance to his 2 month old daughter. The Naturopathic "friend" shot back: "Herbs were created for human use!" and "The problem with carcinogenicity studies is that they use very large doses.". In-fact if this person had read the studies I linked they would see the doses were quite small. They were looking to see what the effect of GV was in chicken feed, as a result of these studies the FDA banned the use of GV in chicken feed. So, according to the medical establishment GV is not suitable for mice, rats or chickens, but naturopaths seem to think its ok for human babies, and what proof? Appeal to intelligent creator (ignoring harmful plants like poison ivy) and the presupposition that the scientific research is inadequate.

Something in me wants to reach through the internet and smack someone. /endrant

Edit: Oh and, GV is not a herb anyway, its extracted from TAR!