Ever have a great idea you can't create?

Post questions or suggestions here.
Animus

Ever have a great idea you can't create?

Post by Animus »

Have you ever had an idea come to you which seems really good but you could never actually materialize.

For example, how about the idea to create neurological implants that a person can activate which will make them feel loved or happy or something. Or even a humorous infomercial parody advertising the device. It could go something like: Introducing the patented new NeuroNarc Self-Stimulating Pleasure Device! Ever feel lonely and depressed? Like nobody loves you and your life is a complete waste? Then NeuroNarc is the solution for you! Say goodbye to speed-dating and online chat, you'll have found your mate with NeuroNarc!....

and there could be a whole sketch around that premise outlining the pathetic need to feel loved. To the extent that people would self-stimulate with some neurological implant. Its funny but this kind of technology seems to be entirely possible. I heard people were addicted to nasal irrigation, imagine what would happen if NeuroNarc was a reality!
DHodges

Pleasure

Post by DHodges »

Animus wrote:For example, how about the idea to create neurological implants that a person can activate which will make them feel loved or happy or something.
I remember that idea being in some science fiction book (I don't remember what one, it was decades ago). The implant would directly stimulate the pleasure center. People with the implants were called "wireheads."

The problem, of course, is if your pleasure center is being directly stimulated, there is no reason to do anything else.

One guy got around that by having the control on a locked timer. He had to perform some elaborate operation to re-set it. But he got his pleasure and was able to still be a functioning person the rest of the time.
Kunga

Re: Ever have a great idea you can't create?

Post by Kunga »

it would be better than having to resort to drugs ....i eat a lot of chocolate :)

i have ideas all the time...and then see them happen a few years down the road.
Sometime i call businesses and give them my ideas...they happen a few years later.
As you have this incredible interest in the mind/neroscience...animus..see if you can at least patent that idea (can you patent an idea ? )
then you will find it's probebly already been done/patented.

Post by 1456200423 »

All the time.
veritas odium parit
stephenxanders

Post by stephenxanders »

Yes, Most of the time we have this great idea in our minds but never been given much attention because of our fears of failure and rejection. However, I'm quite sure that once we learn how to stand courageous with our ideas, everything will happen as visualized in our minds :-)
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Yes, positive thinking can take us a long way. Thanks for your contribution.