Testosterone

Post questions or suggestions here.
DM2008

Testosterone

Post by DM2008 »

Greetings everyone. I have enjoyed reading this site in the past and I thought that I might contribute in some small way.

I heard this program on the radio this morning and thought that it might be of some interest to people here:

http://www.thislife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=220

Click on "full episode" to listen.
Unidian

Re: Testosterone

Post by Unidian »

You show up and pimp an off-site podcast in your first four-sentence post? Okay, good luck with that.
I live in a tub.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

I'm about 11 minutes into it so far, and so far it sounds like a complete lack of testosterone produces the sort of state that is purported as "enlightenment" hereabouts.

edit - 20 something minutes into it, it does an interview with someone who was a female and was given testosterone injections - something David Quinn has suggested. It's an interesting insight into differences between males and females.
Tomas

Premature ejaculation gene found

Post by Tomas »

Premature ejaculation gene found

snippet-

Men who suffer from premature ejaculation may be able to blame their genes, work suggests.

(see photo of distraught woman)

-Click URL for complete article-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7657092.stm

Don't run to your death
Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

Truth is a pathless land.
guest_of_logic

Post by guest_of_logic »

Haha, funny one. Not to irritate you, but... love dat nuthin' box! Actually, I'm not so sure about that - I tend to need stimulation so I'm rarely doing nothing - I'm usually either typing or reading or thinking or watching TV/YouTube or sleeping. Perhaps, though, lying in the bath thinking random thoughts counts as "doing nothing", in which case I have to admit to enjoying my nothing box after all.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

guest_of_logic wrote:Haha, funny one. Not to irritate you, but... love dat nuthin' box! Actually, I'm not so sure about that - I tend to need stimulation so I'm rarely doing nothing - I'm usually either typing or reading or thinking or watching TV/YouTube or sleeping. Perhaps, though, lying in the bath thinking random thoughts counts as "doing nothing", in which case I have to admit to enjoying my nothing box after all.
This would only indicate that our logical guest has never been married. All the above activities equate to "doing nothing" to a female observing a male engaging in any of them.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

And broken's post can only indicate that he HAS been married, or still is.

It really wouldn't bother me if a man does nothing, as long as he does not bother me while doing it.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Shahrazad wrote:It really wouldn't bother me if a man does nothing, as long as he does not bother me while doing it.
So a man wouldn't bother you when he doesn't bother you. Fascinating. ;)
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Jason, it was supposed to be a joke. Broken implied that us women include inside the nothing category, things that don't benefit anybody in any way, such as watching tv and taking kilometric showers. So I said that I don't really give a fuck how they waste their time, as long as they stay out of my hair. But the fact is, they never do.

This having to explain jokes reminds me of Laird Shaw, who doesn't usually get my humor. He characterizes it as "very dry".
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Come on, check out this awesome commercial! HURRY!!
A mindful man needs few words.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Aww, you missed it. Don't worry, it's recorded. Just wait here until the next commerical break, and I'll play it back for you.
A mindful man needs few words.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Shahrazad wrote:And broken's post can only indicate that he HAS been married, or still is.

It really wouldn't bother me if a man does nothing, as long as he does not bother me while doing it.
Never been married, Shah. But co-habitated in my younger days. Might be a cause and effect in those two sentences.
Relo

Post by Relo »

The triggers to releasing Testosterone, any guesses?