Nuthin'

Post questions or suggestions here.
Carl G

Nuthin'

Post by Carl G »

Uh, I was kinda wondering...uh, nevermind.
Good Citizen Carl
Carl G

Re: Nuthin'

Post by Carl G »

Let's get this going, guys. I envision pages and pages of response, like for some of the other cool topics here.
Good Citizen Carl
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Right. I'll start. I'm the fucking center of the universe, and sometimes I have, like, thoughts. Do you all ever have those, too?

I googled this place up with the word "truth." Very heavy. I'm totally down with that.
Good Citizen Carl
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Are you drunk?
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Stone cold sober, Elizabeth, but thanks for asking.

I take it you don't see a point. Well, think one up!
Good Citizen Carl
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

Are you going to be there when pitchers and catchers report for spring training? Which one were you, a pitcher or a catcher? :-)
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Sexual innuendo. Perfect.

I'm hoping for only the purest drivel in this thread!

I want it be a perfect microcosm of Wordy Matters Forlorn.
Good Citizen Carl
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

I think you made a typo. You meant, "Worldly Matters Forum."
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

I'm all for a World Government, a total Big Brother situation, with a World Army lording it over the people. I don't mind increased cameras on street corners, buggings of citizens phones and email, and silent searches of homes -- heck, we've got that now, and I for one feel safer. I don't fly much but it's not because of the delays and shakedowns and prohibitions of aerosol or liquids. All that is a good thing. Point is, I'm a trusting and idealistic person. I don't like to admit it but I think with my emotions.

I think Love is the greatest thing. Actually, I think a woman's body is the greatest thing. I'm desperate for a girlfriend. Hence I post on a philosophy board.

I love to think about things. The world is full of wonder. Sometimes I wonder if unicorns are real. I like to turn things over in my mind, and then spew them into cyberspace. I don't believe in privately thinking through things. I like to air them out, just like a woman.

-----------------

Girly Man Carl
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

Carl G wrote: I think Love is the greatest thing. Actually, I think a woman's body is the greatest thing. I'm desperate for a girlfriend. Hence I post on a philosophy board.

That's quite the leap, girl man, but maybe you are actually a transvestite and are having a hard time finding the right girl for you.

How old are you? I thought you were an old guy, but I also thought you were happily married, like all old guys.

Me? I'm still fishing for the big one that got away.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Cats are a form of rodent and I don't like 'em. My brother had a kitty and that cat never really liked me. Also my mom didn't like me as much as she did my brother, so you see why I hate cats.

And no amount of mommying is going to help that now. Although it does feel kinda nice, Elizabeth...
Good Citizen Carl
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

Ok, but that doesn't have anything to do with what I was talking about. Maybe that's the point you were looking for, to make sure that it doesn't make sense when you reply two some1.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

You are mixing metaphors, but it happens to describe my own situation quite nicely.
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

How is that mixing metaphors?

I do that, but that one isn't mixing metaphors, as I understand it.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

This is actually the most intelligent thread Worldly Matters has seen in a while. But, like Carl, I know its meaning will be totally lost.
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

brokenhead wrote:
You are mixing metaphors, but it happens to describe my own situation quite nicely.

I'm still fishing for the big [fish] that got away.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Bass Fishing Question:

Premise:
A 2-stroke outboard engine is a fairly simple machine.

But noisy. Does it scare the fish?
If you are on a good-sized lake should you sacrifice stealth rather than employ the time tested canoe or rowboat to transport you to your fishing grounds? How much muscle are you willing to use to give yourself a slight edge. How sear-ious are you about landing that lunker, isn't that basically what it comes down to, boys.

On to lures. The bass popper has a lifelike quality if cast with skill. The foam frog with rubber legs is also lifelike and its hook guard makes it handy in weeds. The wooden spooned plug is an old tried and true. And then there's live bait.

What do you geniuses think of these manly endeavors.

Thank you for your kind responses, in advance.

----------------------------
over 30 and quite the character
Good Citizen Carl
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

My chirping is important.
Good Citizen Carl
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Are you drunk?

What's a little swamp-water amongst friends?

Alright, I'm gonna go now.
Laird

Post by Laird »

Alright Carl, I think we get the idea. We're all a bunch of try-hard wannabes who love the sound of our own voices but have nothing well thought-out and of any worth to actually talk about. It kind of makes me wonder why you bother to hang out with us then, apart from the opportunities that it affords you to criticise, insult, mock/parody and generally express disapproval. If you think that the quality of conversation in this place is poor then lead the way in changing it.

Dan, I'm surprised that you supported this thread, which is at heart a cynical multi-pronged insult.
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

Laird asked Carl:
If you think that the quality of conversation in this place is poor then lead the way in changing it.
Laird, it appears that Carl has already decided to take the “lead”. His post (below) is clearly him throwing down the gauntlet, and welcoming all and sundry to pick it up. But instead of picking it up, you cry outrage and ask others to spare you from having to stand your ground. Come on – someone with a name like “Girly Man Carl” can’t be all that frightening. Go on, give him a twirl.
I'm all for a World Government, a total Big Brother situation, with a World Army lording it over the people. I don't mind increased cameras on street corners, buggings of citizens phones and email, and silent searches of homes -- heck, we've got that now, and I for one feel safer. I don't fly much but it's not because of the delays and shakedowns and prohibitions of aerosol or liquids. All that is a good thing. Point is, I'm a trusting and idealistic person. I don't like to admit it but I think with my emotions.

I think Love is the greatest thing. Actually, I think a woman's body is the greatest thing. I'm desperate for a girlfriend. Hence I post on a philosophy board.

I love to think about things. The world is full of wonder. Sometimes I wonder if unicorns are real. I like to turn things over in my mind, and then spew them into cyberspace. I don't believe in privately thinking through things. I like to air them out, just like a woman.
-----------------
Girly Man Carl
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Dan Rowden wrote:This is actually the most intelligent thread Worldly Matters has seen in a while. But, like Carl, I know its meaning will be totally lost.
Oh, I don't know about that. I don't think Carl is totally lost.
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

Laird wrote:Alright Carl, I think we get the idea. We're all a bunch of try-hard wannabes who love the sound of our own voices but have nothing well thought-out and of any worth to actually talk about. It kind of makes me wonder why you bother to hang out with us then, apart from the opportunities that it affords you to criticise, insult, mock/parody and generally express disapproval. If you think that the quality of conversation in this place is poor then lead the way in changing it.

Dan, I'm surprised that you supported this thread, which is at heart a cynical multi-pronged insult.

This deserves to be quoted again... the indignation! hah!
Laird wrote:It kind of makes me wonder why you bother to hang out with us then, apart from the opportunities that it affords you to criticise, insult, mock/parody and generally express disapproval.
Kettle to teapot: "WTF did you just call me?!!"

You two are really funny when you get frustrated. :-D
It's just a ride.
Laird

Post by Laird »

Sue Hindmarsh wrote:His post (below) is clearly him throwing down the gauntlet, and welcoming all and sundry to pick it up.
Oh nonsense. His post was clearly him trying to generally disparage the opinions and positions of others. It doesn't deserve a serious response.
Sue Hindmarsh wrote:But instead of picking it up, you cry outrage and ask others to spare you from having to stand your ground.
Come again?

Outrage? I was simply calling it as I see it.

And where exactly did I say that I'm not willing to stand my ground? I stand my ground in every thread in which I participate, unless someone can point out to me a serious flaw in my thinking.
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

Maybe it's not about being a stickler in a specific thread, but you can pay more attention to the overall intonation on the forums.