Is it time to form well regulated militias?

Post questions or suggestions here.
daybrown

Is it time to form well regulated militias?

Post by daybrown »

Not the national guard. Not a group which could be deployed at the whim of a president, but local forces able to deal with local problems that may arise. Everyone knows about Katrina and the fires in the west. A few know of how, after a series of tornados in Arkansas last spring, the governor didnt have the forces he wanted to help deal with the mess cause they were all in Iraq.

Earthquakes, forest fires, floods, hurricanes or whatever are not going to stop happening, but the deployment of the National Guards in the mid east has reduced enlistments so that the needed personnel will not be on hand in the event of terrorism or whatever.

Be interesting to see what the mass media and federal government will have to say about this. Whether the fear is real or not, it does exist, and giving people something to do about it, even if it was not controllable by the feds, seems reasonable.
Goddess made sex for company.
hsandman

Re: Is it time to form well regulated militias?

Post by hsandman »

If you all keep your guns = You are the millitia.

Interesting.

Ron Paul: A New Hope - Compain 2008 (Youtube link)

CNN UFO Conference Clips From Nov 07 Press Club (-Youtube link)

Too good to be true? :-)

Edit: I hope he has his back covered.

Ron Paul - on foreign policy

Ron Paul to Rudy "Read the 9/11 Report!" - Ron Paul on CNN <- O_O
It's just a ride.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Ron Paul is saying some things that need to be said, but like Goldwater, who did that, he's not going to get elected. If we had a rational electorate, it mite be useful to parse out what he says, but since we dont, its just a matter of what the mass corporate media decides to tell the sheeple.

Mr. Paul wants to bring the troops home. I sympathize, but that aint gonna happen, they will stay over there. So if there is a problem in the Untied States of Denial from natural disaster or civil unrest, it will have to be handled by whoever is here. There are enuf former military personnel- who would have stayed in the armed forces but for the abuse of their contracts- who certainly know how to form well regulated militias, and would do that knowing that they could not be deployed beyond the area they signed on to protect.

Mr. Paul is politically correct enough to ignore the long history of Islamic repression, and the fact that the only way to control an Islamic population is with the iron fist. I mean common. Would you follow a prophet with a 9 year old wife? Or believe him when he tells the Jihadim that they will spend eternity fucking 12 year old virgins? Or- is this a clue that they are not like us, and since we have displaced Saddam, we'd need to put another iron fist in place before we bring our troops home.

Otherwise, the tribalism we see going on in Afghanistan and Pakistan will spread thru Iran and Iraq, and the struggles among them to control the oil infrastructure will shut down production. You think 100$/barrel oil is expensive? Just wait. The Greens will get their wish, carbon dioxide emissions will drop dramatically, and- a couple billion people will starve. If you live in the wrong urban area, you can be one of them.

Even with the troops there, tribalism can break down the system; we see the Kurds have done well by themselves so far, and as the oil money comes in, they will arm their kinsmen in Turkey, Syria, and Iran. They have the same right of self determination that the Slovaks have. And other tribes will see how the oil money has empowered the Kurds, and want their own piece of the pie. It could well take ten times the number of US forces to keep a lid on things.

All in the name of Allah, the tribesmen will struggle with other tribes, looking for their shot at pussy in this world funded by oil money, or pussy in the next as the gift of Allah. If you wanna do anything, you have to attack the misogyny of Islam and its pretense of moral authority, and you cant do that with misogynistic Jesus freaks. Ron Paul dont have the balls to outline how these cosmologies are causing the problems.
tek0

Post by tek0 »

Reminds me of this video about the odd things some folks have noticed about the state of our nation.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e14650.htm

Never hurts to have at least the ability to defend your own communities from criminals and thieves.

No doubt though the system will just label you domestic terrorists and drop a smart bomb on you though if you piss them off simply by conflicting with their future interests.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

tek0 wrote:Reminds me of this video about the odd things some folks have noticed about the state of our nation.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e14650.htm

Never hurts to have at least the ability to defend your own communities from criminals and thieves.

No doubt though the system will just label you domestic terrorists and drop a smart bomb on you though if you piss them off simply by conflicting with their future interests.
Well yes; we all know of the various lunatic fringe group militias. But if we avoid any connection with religion... Lotsa rural areas still have volunteer fire departments, and if like them, some members of a well regulated militia took first aid classes- which mite be really handy in the event of biological terrorism- what can they say?

As for the video, I get posts from the Informationclearinghouse all the time, but I'm not so sure that posts or fighting corporate video with your video is the way to go. Everyone wants to throw bastards out, maybe even have them shot. But we need a plan of what to do next; lacking one is likely to produce tyranny or anarchy. And for that, interactive forums like this are more useful. ICH shows sheep, but then treats us all like sheep to be fed what they have to say.

But whether tyranny or anarchy, seems like local well regulated militias mite be a good idea. If we are able to deal with crime and civil disorder- whether natural disaster or man made- then the excuse for imposing tyranny dont work. I would also recommend that women be the public leaders; that way the usual charges of sexual impropriety, such as were placed against Koresh, wont fly.
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

I guess in few more months, we will see how it all pans out.

What I was trying to show you with the video links, is that CNN is actually, carefully, shifting to the left... those videos are for mass media consumerism/consumption.

Ron Paul making a smart ass remark on national TV about 911, had Rudy gulp. If he came straight out and claimed that 911 is/was inside job, the cognitive dissonance people would feel confronting such statement, would turn them against the Ron Paul. i.e. = Loss of votes/support.

The important part is to get the foot in the door, just like bush has done it, although that was a election fraud.

Some of the other points daybrown.

Arabs.. Who cares what end of the egg they start to eat from.. they are no threat to America, the terrorism is only a response to "iron fist" and even then they need help from illuminati/zionists to pull anything worthy of attention. Even then the fear the mass media generates fear and panic that is vastly in-proportional to actual risk factor, if you are a rational being.

Now America and the little bastard it is weaned (and is still feeding).. the Israel = are a MAJOR threat to stability in the world.

Just hold on to your guns, and wake up people. People around me are waking up to 911 facts = exponentially. Give it long enough time and you will have whole world one big militia.

It was free masons that started the revolution to break free from tyranny with England in America, and instituted the constitution. Plebian revolts/self regulation never pan out without help of uper middle class.

I guess in few more months, we will see how it all pans out.
It's just a ride.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Agreed that Islam is no immediate direct threat. But they've been using the oil money to fund propaganda schools of Jihadim and suicide bombers, and as the price of oil rises, more greed will kick in, and the ragheads will use the violence on each other trying to take control of oil fields. As the Kurds have already done.

The violence will damage the infrastructure, and Persian Gulf oil production and delivery will plummet. Which in turn will cause global financial panic. The US mite be able to handle it with sound leadership, The US has been a major exporter, and with the dollar declined, we'd expect to see more of that. But not if there's global panic over oil. Millions would be laid off. If they can all be kept in the city, out of the way of the farmers, there is enuf oil in the US to fuel agribusiness to grow the food to feed everyone.

But if not, well regulated, or disorganized- militias will spring up in rural areas trying to keep the thieves out. Be damn messy even in a best case scenario. All those paper & keyboard button pushers, who've been telling the rest of world how to run their businesses- will have to go to work for a living, and they dunno how to do that.

The last time Europeans went in there and decided to run things, it was with Alexander the Great. The Sassanid empire that emerged was one of the better times, and we have even better means to organize things now. If we had the leadership that knew how to take advantage of new technologies.

Like torture is obsolete. With the right drugs, brain scans, EEGs, and even Ekman's or Liberman's techniques on reading body language, every clandestine cell in the Arab world could be detected and broken up. Bush dont know that. Aint seen any sign that Ron Paul does either, much less Hillary. Altho- in her case, if she did know, she'd prolly keep quiet about it. I suspect, given the European ability to identify terrorist cells, that its already being done there.

There are new electronic sniffers too that could be mounted in a remote controlled ATV run out ahead of a convoy that would detect explosive devices. Drones fitted with infra red cameras could also scan the roadsides from above. The dirt dug up and then put back to cover a device will have a different temperature.

The same media techniques that work on American women will work on Islamic women to get them to inform of abusive husbands in the bomb making business. Neither Ron Paul, nor anyone else, has discussed any of this. New technologies exist to deal with the terrorism, but the power elites like people afraid. They just dont get it. As the fear goes up, so do the gun sales.
sear

Post by sear »

"Agreed that Islam is no immediate direct threat." day
?!
Perhaps you don't understand the mindset of the religious zealot.
Many of them assert:
- holy scripture is the inerrant word of god.
- holy scripture is not to be questioned, it is to be obeyed.
And what does the holy scripture of Islam say?
"... slay the infidels wherever ye find them..." Qur'an: Sura 9 Verse 5
So there are ~a billion Muslims on Earth that claim to accept the Qur'an as the source of divine wisdom.
They've already demonstrated their ruthless sociopathy by mass-murdering thousands at a clip.

The clear and unmistakable quantifiable trend is that this murderous rampage is on the increase.

And you assert:
"Islam is no immediate direct threat." day
?!
Do you have a drinking problem?
30 character limit on sigline?
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

sear: Don't you think you should clean up your own back yard, before chastising some one elses?

Take close look at christianity and what those loonatics are saying!

The arabs with the rocks and small arms are not a threat to a nation that has technology like HAARP, (HOME PAGE) (YOUTUBE) + BUTTLOAD of other asortment of advanced doomsday devices that would make your head spin.

The nuke to haarp, is like sling to aMetal Storm. <- Use your common sense and intelligence.

Edit: Here is a thing I don't understand... How can a nation that touts word raceism so much around, can't pick up such a simple concept.. Example.
sear edited by me wrote:
"Agreed that Islam is no immediate direct threat." day
?!
Perhaps you don't understand the mindset of the religious zealot.
Many of them assert:
And what does the holy scripture of Judaism/Christianity say?
"... slay the <insert some group here> wherever ye find them..." <some crap bible/thoran quote>
"Leave alive nothing that breathes. Show them no mercy." [Deut. 7:2]
"The Lord hardened their hearts... that they might receive no mercy." [Joshua 11:20]
"I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them. A curse on him who is lax in doing the Lord's work! A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed." [Jer. 13:14; 48:10]

"I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children." (Leviticus 26:22)

"Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourself every girl who has never slept with a man." (Numbers 31:17-18)

"The Lord commands: "... slay old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women" (Ezechial 9:4-6)

"When the Lord delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the males .... As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves." (Deuteronomy 20:13-14)

"You will eat the fruit of the womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters the Lord your God has given you." (Deuteronomy 28:53)

"The Lord said to Joshua [...] 'you are to hamstring their horses.' " (Exceedingly cruel.) (Joshua 11:6)

"... Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabesh-gilead with the edge of the sword and; also the women and little ones.... every male and every woman that has lain with a male you shall utterly destroy." (Judges 21:10-12)

"This is what the Lord says: Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass .... And Saul ... utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword." (1 Samuel 15:3,7-8)

"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their women with child ripped open." (Hosea 13:16)

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Exodus 32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Joshua 23:15
Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things.

Judges 9:23
Then God sent an evil spirit

1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

2 Samuel 12:11
Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house

1 Kings 9:9
...therefore hath the LORD brought upon them all this evil.

1 Kings 14:10
Therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam
2 Kings 6:33 ...Behold, this evil is of the LORD;

2 Kings 21:12 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Behold, I am bringing such evil upon Jerusalem and Judah, that whosoever heareth of it, both his ears shall tingle.

2 Kings 22:16 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place

2 Chronicles 34:24 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof...

Nehemiah 13:18 Did not your fathers thus, and did not our God bring all this evil upon us, and upon this city?

Jeremiah 4:6 Set up the standard toward Zion: retire, stay not: for I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction.

Jeremiah 6:19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people

Jeremiah 11:11 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon them

Jeremiah 25:29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil

Jeremiah 35:17 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon Judah and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem all the evil that I have pronounced against them:

Jeremiah 44:2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Ye have seen all the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, and upon all the cities of Judah

Jeremiah 45:5 ...behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the LORD:

Jeremiah 49:37 ...I will bring evil upon them, even my fierce anger, saith the LORD; and I will send the sword after them, till I have consumed them:

Micah 1:12 .... evil came down from the LORD

Micah 2:3 Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, against this family do I devise an evil

Contradictions:

"For I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger forever." (Jeremiah 3:12)
"Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn forever." (Jeremiah 17:4)

"If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid." (John 5:31)
"Jesus answered: Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid." (John 8:14)

"And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: All power is given to me in heaven and in earth." (Matthew 28:18)
"the whole world is under control of the evil one." (1 John 5:19)

And Jesus said, "For judgement I am come into this world." (John 9:39)
"I came not to judge the world" (John 12:47)

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)
"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 6:1)

"Jacob said, 'I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.'" (Genesis 32:30)
"No man hath seen God at any time." (John 1:18)

We should fear God (Matthew 10:28)
We should love God (Matthew 22:37)
There is no fear in love (1 John 4:18)
So there are ~a billion Christians on Earth that claim to accept the Bible as the source of divine wisdom.
They've already demonstrated their ruthless sociopathy by mass-murdering MILLIONS at a clip.

The clear and unmistakable quantifiable trend is that this murderous rampage is on the increase.

And you assert:
"Christianity/Zionism is no immediate direct threat." day
?!
I've heard the call. I believe God wants me to run for president.
-- George W. Bush, quoted in George Magazine, September, 2000

“I would like to thank Providence and the Almighty for choosing me of all people to be allowed to wage this battle for Germany.”
-- Adolf Hitler

A person who is guided by God will never be misguided by anyone.
-- Osama Bin Laden

We’re being guided by God.
-- Bush speechwriter Michael Gerson

George Bush was not elected by a majority of the voters in the United States. He was appointed by God.
-- Lt. Gen. William Boykin, the defense undersecretary in charge of hunting down top terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan

Nothing [Bush] does can be challenged on moral grounds, however unethical or evil it might appear, because all of his actions are directed by God. He can twist the truth, oppress the poor, exalt the rich, despoil the earth, ignore the law--and murder children--without the slightest compunction, the briefest moment of doubt or self-reflection, because he believes, he truly believes, that God squats in his brainpan and tells him what to do.
-- Chris Floyd, CounterPunch, 7/30/03

No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.
-- George Bush Sr., to a reporter in 1988

"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider to be God-fearing and pious."
-- Aristotle, 343 B.C.

He [God] is using me, all the time, everywhere, to stand up for a biblical worldview in everything that I do and everywhere I am.
-- House Majority Leader Tom DeLay
Article

If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier -- so long as I'm the dictator.
--George W. Bush, Dec. 19, 2000

"Why is this man in the White House? The majority of Americans did not vote for him. Why is he there? And I tell you this morning that he's in the White House because God put him there for a time such as this."
--Lt Gen William Boykin, speaking of G. W. Bush, New York Times, 17 October 2003

"He [Rumsfeld] leads in a way that the Good Lord tells him is best for our country."
-- Marine General Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

SEE THE PATTERN?!

"... slay the infidels wherever ye find them..." Qur'an: Sura 9 Verse 5

=

"The righteous will rejoice when he sees the vengeance, he will bathe his feet in the blood of the wicked" [Ps. 58:10]
It's just a ride.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Sear,
So there are ~a billion Muslims on Earth that claim to accept the Qur'an as the source of divine wisdom.
They've already demonstrated their ruthless sociopathy by mass-murdering thousands at a clip.
I'm appalled that you would blame a billion people for the actions of a few hundred.

I could do the same and blame you for the thousands mass-murdered in my country by the direct orders of a president you defend.

-
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Today's politics and religions are shell games within a house of mirrors. They are designed, among other things, to stimulate threads like this.

Too much of this kind of thinking, unfortunately, rots the mind.
Good Citizen Carl
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Oh, geepers, another knucklehead rears their ugly (brainless) head :-(

-Roebuck-
sear - Perhaps you don't understand the mindset of the religious zealot.

-tomas-
You have to of been one (at some time or other) to make the above statement...

-Roebuck-
Many of them assert:

-tomas-
First, one is "an individual", then, one has a choice "join the herd, or go it alone".

-Roebuck-
And what does the holy scripture of Islam say? "... slay the infidels wherever ye find them..." Qur'an: Sura 9 Verse 5

-tomas-
What is -your- definition of the verse you quote?

-Roebuck-

-tomas-
And where did you read this group-think at? A billion..? come on!

-tomas-
Name a few, if not one.

-Roebuck-

-tomas-
So, (do you believe) it's up to the USA and NATO fundamentalists (yet again) to trample thru their Winston Churchill mapped-lands -again- with tanks, bombs, missiles, mustard gas, torture, depleted uranium to "cull the herd" (old men, women & children) to manageable numbers?

-Roebuck-
And you assert:
"Islam is no immediate direct threat." daybrown
?!

-tomas-
Winston Churchill had the drinking-problem, and is also the one who "popularized" the "peace sign". (guess who told him to use that symbol?)
Hint: an American

ps- i could expand on this but your limited knowledge on Muslim &/or Arab "culture" is most-evident...

Tomas (the tank)
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason

daybrown

Post by daybrown »

I dont see that whether I have a drinking problem, or some other preferred recreational drugs is relevant to the question. As Socrates showed, sometimes it is the fool who sees the emperor has no clothes. And today, in view of the studies on group think, we understand how most people model what they think based on what they think everyone else thinks.

I dont have the problem. I'm not a follower of any of the Levantine traditions. Its telling that they begin with Joshua doing to the land of Canaan what we now call "genocide". A pox on all their houses.

I grant you that Islam would destroy the US- if it could. But Sandman is right, they are too stupid, too disorganized, with too many chiefs and not enough indians, to ever really produce a direct assault on the modern world. NO, the power elite corruption is where the risk is, not the Jihadim.

I am often bemused to see how many will venture to argue politics who have not read Machiavelli. But for instance- The rich always corrupt republics. They fund the campaigns of demagogues pandering to religious and ethnic sensibilities and promising what we now call 'entitlements'. And when elected, make hidden deals with their patrons to reduce the taxes on the rich, and transfer the burden to the lower classes.

Of course, it dont take long before the lower classes are broke. So then, the government, unable to tax the rich, borrows the money from them to operate. And of course, at some point, some creditor, seeing that the remaining tax base will no longer service the debt, much less pay it off, refuses to lend more.

So- whatcha get then, is financial panic. And, it is time to drag the bastards out to be shot. The long history of empires and nations has lots of examples. You'd think the power elites would catch on, but they never read history. They only repeat it.

Which brings us back to the topic of the thread. There's no way to evaluate the risk of terrorism, natural disaster, Global warming, financial panic, or the resulting civil disorder. There's never been a set of lower classes so intrinsically rich, as testified by all the rants against consumerism. So, we cant evaluate what resources they can still bring to bear in a crisis.
There's no way to know whether the National Guard, which has been used to deal with crisis, will be available, or serving in the Mid East if a problem arises.

Local civil militias that are free of the obligations to do as the president decides, mite help concentrate the mind of the federal government to think beyond the limits of the lobbyist group think. I'm not suggesting at all that such militias be used to drag the bastards out to be shot. If it comes to that, there'll be plenty of volunteers to judge by the postings. No, my hope is that they will be used to keep the peace in their own neighborhoods, to give people time to think. Which is not something they've been doing very well, or the topic would never come up.
tek0

Post by tek0 »

Make sure you swing on into your local surplus store for a couple armored versions of these for your militia.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=109_1195663753

Handy for stopping those thieves and brigands.
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

tek0 wrote:Make sure you swing on into your local surplus store for a couple armored versions of these for your militia.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=109_1195663753

Handy for stopping those thieves and brigands.
I have been following the development of that tech for few years now. The nanosuits are better, but they are still many years away. =)

Edit: here is a glimpse.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0610/p02s01-usgn.htm

lol, we are so screwed.
It's just a ride.
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

Do I have to let other people in my militia?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

DHodges wrote:Do I have to let other people in my militia?

That all depends... on The Ten Commandments

1. Are you thinking about being holed-up in your house when the time comes to "get it on"?

2. Are members of your band/groupies looking at you to be sane or on-edge type of chap?

3. If you are a city slicker, you can be an army-of-one because you will not survive. (the lone nut theory)

4. Have a 3-1/2 years-supply of food/water handy? (don't even tell us where that is hidden!)

5. More than one gun in the house? (handcuffs, tasers?)

6. Is there a police report of you having "violent tendencies" from your past?

7. Are you on meds of any sort?

8. Do you keep porno mags, videos, (internet surfer of porn included), laying around your house? This also means scotch-taped Sears, J.C. Penneys tearouts of women in underwear on the inside of closet doors and/or toilet lid.

9. In your wallet, do you have directions to Daybrowns militia headquarters in the Ozarks?

10. Finally, will your immediate family (and ex-girlfriends) say "He was a nice boy" after the cops, forensic team sweep the carcass off the floor and label you a kook on the toe-tag. And most importantly, be sure to have clean underwear on.

The moral of the story is, All Your Dreams Come True - Let Life Be Good For You... Black Oak Arkansas :-)

ps- I met Gordon Kahl (tax-protester) on a few occasions, he wasn't at all what the media portrayed/hyped him up to be... My cousin, Albert "Rusty" Kouba supplied him with his getaway vehicle from North Dakota to Arkansas where he died in a hail of bullets and the feds burned the bunker down (thanks then-governor Bill Clinton) in 1983.

Gordon Kahl Chronology
http://www.constitution.org/abus/gkahl/chronology.html

Tomas (the tank)
VietNam veteran - 1971

Last edited by Tomas on Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

DHodges wrote:Do I have to let other people in my militia?
Not if you have enuf meth to do your own 24/7 guard duty.

But staff selection is a problem. From the posting I did on usenet survival lists, the real gun nuts are too pathological to want to join a militia. Each wants his own bunker. In Baghdad we saw some neighborhoods seal themselves off for mutual protection. If the SHTF, we'd see the same in lotsa cities, but it would be dramatically more effective if the residents saw the risk and organized some mutual defense system before it was needed.

During the flood, nobody talks about it, but upriver, in white Kenner and Metarie, they likewise sealed themselves off from the looters who were running amok in New Orleans. Likewise, the cops sealed off the bridge to Algiers, which they said was because there were no facilities there for refugees. Which was true, but they didnt want the looters or the area trashed out either. If it were not for this kind of action, looters would have spread into neighborhoods occupied by other ethnicities, and an immediate race war would have broken out.

Cities have always been like this, if you recall, in Romeo & Juliet, the only thing that prevented a bloodbath between the clans was the iron fist of the prince arriving on the scene. I dont think people today are that different. If, for instance, they dont lower the bankruptcy and foreclosure rates, the cities will be full of people looking for scapegoats. The one Black family in a block that has several foreclosed houses will find its own house shot up.

And as the real estate tax base shrinks, the cities will lay off police, making the whole situation more unstable. Even if you knew where I was, you wont have time to get out of town, much less past the ambush check points on steep Ozark mtn roads. This is not a place to come to if you dont know your way around. They usta take crankcase oil and pour it on the asphalt before a steep sharp curve. Automatic brakes wont save your ass. This is just one of a myriad of surprises that flatland gun nuts and bunker boys in their cammy jammies never thot about.

Like New Orleans, some parts of many cities will have natural defense perimeters that only need a few men to control, while others that dont have well defined borders will be wide open. But even at that, the supplies of a normal neighborhood would only last a few months. YMMV, depending on whether the beseigers, or beseiged have enuf to last. If the idea of a local well regulated militia is a non-starter, then you're prolly not living in a defensible area. The more defensible an area is, the more those there will think of the friends and family they want with to help secure their mutual safety.

If you dont know anyone in a defensible area, forget driving up into the mountains unless you can do it in an Abrams.
Tomas

Indians Secede from USA

Post by Tomas »

Indians Secede from USA
Lakota Indians Withdraw Treaties Signed With U.S. 150 Years Ago

Lakota country includes parts of the states of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317548,00.html

The U.S. "annexation" of native American land has resulted in once proud tribes such as the Lakota becoming mere "facsimilies of white people," Russell Means said.

daybrown

Re: Indians Secede from USA

Post by daybrown »

Tomas wrote:.

Indians Secede from USA
Lakota Indians Withdraw Treaties Signed With U.S. 150 Years Ago

Lakota country includes parts of the states of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317548,00.html

The U.S. "annexation" of native American land has resulted in once proud tribes such as the Lakota becoming mere "facsimilies of white people," Russell Means said..
How appropriate. I know Cherokee, and remember Chippewa, that regarded the Lakota as scum. The history is obscure, but when you look into it, its messy.
Tomas

dele

Post by Tomas »

dele
Last edited by Tomas on Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sage

Post by Sage »

I just saw a brilliant lecture by Austrian economist Hans Hoppe. He has some brilliant insights into democracy, wars and also guerrilla warfare. See it here: http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 3744595911
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Sage wrote:I just saw a brilliant lecture by Austrian economist Hans Hoppe. He has some brilliant insights into democracy, wars and also guerrilla warfare. See it here: http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 3744595911
I got to watch about 2/3 of it before the feed crashed. He has some unique, but reasonable points. Does he ever say why?