The distress of rape

Post questions or suggestions here.
Shahrazad

Re: The distress of rape

Post by Shahrazad »

I was trying to follow your joke, but apparently you took it seriously.
Philosophaster

Post by Philosophaster »

Buddhas take everything seriously.

SRSLY.
Unicorns up in your butt!
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Dan doesn't.

What brand of Buddhahood are you? Certainly not QRS.
Philosophaster

Post by Philosophaster »

Shahrazad wrote:What brand of Buddhahood are you?
Target.
Unicorns up in your butt!
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Shahrazad wrote:Daybrown, you make me wanna move to the boondocks. If only I knew I'd eventually get used to the slower pace.

For a year I lived in a mountain town in Arkansas. It had a real pretty lake. I did like living there, except that in the winter, I'd be lucky if I could make it to the mailbox without freezing my butt.

I guess those mountains must have been the same ones you've been hiding in. I'm glad to know now they even have web connections.
Satellite dish. I have hughes.net at this location, and wildblue.com at another. Youtube sound & video is jerky, but ordinary webpages like this come up ok. I could pay for higher bandwidth to watch movies, or even get satellite TV, but I dont watch much video. I can read 5 times faster than I can listen.

Global warming has kicked in. I had my first frost yesterday morning. 25 days late. Which is like the new average now. I had collards, turnips, and mustard growing out in the garden all winter last year. It did snow a few times, but always melted off in a few days. Daffs were up in February. Roadrunners, armadillos, prickly pear, & yucca have moved up here from TX.

Just 20 miles south, the dude has to mulch them to get them thru the winter, but there are banana trees all along his driveway the rest of the year. But microclimates vary. I'm out on a finger ridge pointing west. During summer, the thermals setup on the south facing slope which fills with buzzars, but the updraft also draws air up from the north slope behind me.

So- when its 100 in Little Rock, its 95 in Conway, 92 in Clinton up in the hills, and 88 at my place. Which was the hottest it got all summer long. I dont even have an air conditioner. If your place is in a canyon, on the west wall where its shaded early in the summer afternoon, then the temps peak at 85, and the mornings are always at 60 or below. Forest canopy makes a huge diff.

The moonsoon rains, which usta peter out about at Shreveport, now make it up to the southern Ozarks, so the summers are not as dry. Conversely, lots of the winter fronts now peter out about the MO line, which is why the growing season is so much longer. I've not seen snow on the ground last more than a week in a decade or more.

The cultural climate has changed to. Most of the meth heads have moved to the city where the welfare benefits are more generous for their women. They are being replaced with early retirees- VA benefits and civil service pensions. They dont seem to be Christian fundies, and I've not seen Jehovah witnesses in a few years now.

The dope hunting choppers are gone too, so the woods are quieter. Maybe they are all in Iraq. I think there's an alliance between the pot growers and Law enforcement to drive out the meth heads. I've not read about a pot bust for a few years now. The last I know about didnt make the papers.

When Randy used a farm truck to deliver 1/4 lb to Little Rock, and was pulled over by a new deputy in Bee Branch, we wondered how he could be so stupid. The truck didnt have a license plate. But then, a few weeks later, that same deputy was caught naked in the back seat of a squad car giving another dude a blow job, both of them drunk on their asses. So- the only witness to the bust hadda move to another state, and the paperwork has all been shredded by now.

I havta wonder if that was setup cause Randy also runs the deer camp for the sheriff's office boys. There are these personal services and relationships that enter into the way things work. A couple weeks ago, I got a call from a friend of a friend about a problem he was having with a CAD/CAM milling machine. Now, in the city, I would have driven over there with the software and run some tests, fixed his problem and sent him a bill for 1000$. But I recognized what his problem was and told him what to do over the phone. We all just trying to get along.

Last Sat, some folks came by, so we could discuss some property. Because of the women that brought them, I know they're good men, and will be a vast improvement on the meth heads that usta own the place. I dont want the property, just more accomodating neighbors. Because of these kinds of personal relationships, I dont think any of the women I know- have any fear whatever of ever being raped. Besides, most of them can shoot.

In the city, you have friends to help you move. Out here, I have friends who will help me move- bodies. The meth heads know that. People that were born and raised here know where to put stuff that wont get found.

I spoze there are lots of other secure places to build a life besides the Ozarks, and if you know people there, it'd be worth talking to them. These are, as the Chinese curse says, 'interesting times'. But as you recall, the scenery can be nice anyway. I see a lotta people with a lotta money moving here, and its not hard to find a service to perform for them to get some of it. I see 'help wanted' signs every time I drive to town now.

If any woman is worried about her personal safety, I know the phone number of a Cherokee witch to talk to who knows places she can go to chill out and figure out what to do next. There is no way for a stalker, x-BF, or whatever to operate around here. Lotsa rural areas are like that.
Goddess made sex for company.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Philosophaster wrote:Buddhas take everything seriously.

SRSLY.
Brian, are you aware that your posts make you look like a 16 year old with nothing better to do? I'm almost as fed up with them as I am with Victor's Abuse Tourette's . If you can't take these discussions seriously, why the hell are you posting here at all?
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

i suspect you are in some sense retarded, dan. You can't even tell when you are being mocked. :D
Forethought Venus Wednesday
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I know full well the posts are attempts at mocking. The fact is that they are too poorly considered and lazily constructed to have any force. They amount to nothing more than juvenile tongue poking. I expect better from Brian because he is capable of it.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

For someone who apparently considers himself a connoisseur of mockery, you seem to be rather inept at recognizing when you are being mocked in more subtle ways. in that regard you are like my son, who considers himself a great swimmer because he can do two laps across the pool.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I just said I recognise the mockery. It's obvious because it's unsophisticated.

Are you print deaf?
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

Ah, but you didn't, danny, you didn't... and you still don't know what I am talking about. :)

Normally I don't enjoy such underhanded manipulative shit, but as in the old ukrainian joke*, I have time and inspiration...

* Two ukrainian rebels capture a russian soldier. They tie him to a tree, and then one of the ukies, Petro, pulls out a piece of string and starts slowly sawing it back and forth across the russian's throat.

The other ukie, Mykola: Petro, what are you doing? This is a waste, it will take hours to kill him this way! just go get a hacksaw!
Petro: Ah, but I have time and inspiration!
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

This whole place is a joke.

I say that with all due respect to Dan and a few others who are honestly trying to accomplish something here. It won't happen, though, because something has gone horribly wrong. This board is the perpetual host of one of the biggest ego-measuring contests on the entire internet, and what is equally bad, it has become soaked with mental illness and bizarre fantasy to a degree that makes me feel totally sane in comparison. Worst of all, it is drenched in irrational bigotry of all kinds. It is, to be quite frank, a shining example of what can go wrong in intellectual circles.

Maybe this was always the case, and maybe not. I'm not sure just how it came to be this way, but it is a trainwreck of epic proportions. That, I think, is what Philo is pointing to in his own concise way.
I live in a tub.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Sad but true.
Good Citizen Carl
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

"I say that with all due respect to Dan and a few others who are honestly trying to accomplish something here. It won't happen, though, because something has gone horribly wrong. This board is the perpetual host of one of the biggest ego-measuring contests on the entire internet, and what is equally bad, it has become soaked with mental illness and bizarre fantasy to a degree that makes me feel totally sane in comparison. Worst of all, it is drenched in irrational bigotry of all kinds. It is, to be quite frank, a shining example of what can go wrong in intellectual circles."

By their fruits ye shall know them.

It seems that what arises here, as you point out, stem directly from some of the premises and attitudes of those who engineered the place. The craziness comes along, and will always come along, to remind them, even if they don't want to see it, of where they have 'gone wrong'.

But I won't give up, I swear to you I won't!
Ni ange, ni bête
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

Unidian wrote:This whole place is a joke.
A weirdly unfunny and insane one, but yes, a joke nonetheless.
I say that with all due respect to Dan and a few others who are honestly trying to accomplish something here. It won't happen, though, because something has gone horribly wrong. This board is the perpetual host of one of the biggest ego-measuring contests on the entire internet, and what is equally bad, it has become soaked with mental illness and bizarre fantasy to a degree that makes me feel totally sane in comparison. Worst of all, it is drenched in irrational bigotry of all kinds. It is, to be quite frank, a shining example of what can go wrong in intellectual circles.
The seeds of it were planted from the very beginning, when QRS just formed their genius circle and went onto internet. I saw it when they just started out -- they posted a solicitation on alt.atheism, and everyone there mocked them mercilessly.

By the very nature of their 'philosophy', they are interested not in reality but in intellectual masturbation masquerading as actual thought. This is the same sort of thing which drives NewAge nuttiness and conspiracy theories, and they naturally attract people into that. They reap what they had sown.
Maybe this was always the case, and maybe not. I'm not sure just how it came to be this way, but it is a trainwreck of epic proportions.
it wasn't always this way, as i am sure you remember, but the seeds were always there. I am not sure it could have turned out any other way, in a place that values sophomoric bullshit over actual reasoning.
maestro

Post by maestro »

Unidian wrote: I say that with all due respect to Dan and a few others who are honestly trying to accomplish something here. It won't happen, though, because something has gone horribly wrong. This board is the perpetual host of one of the biggest ego-measuring contests on the entire internet,
Yes I feel that all the discussions on the board are just ego contests. There is no sane discussion of ideas or possibilities. But this was built in the birth of the board, as the moderators declared that they have found the absolute truth and force it upon everyone using browbeating with questionable logic. And then there is the name of the board which smacks of arrogance.
Pye

Post by Pye »

There is no sane discussion of ideas or possibilities.
. . . but there is the opportunity.

who's the boss of you?

who's the boss of any of you, complaining?

make it happen. or you give far too much influence of mood and manner to a forum you discredit as bogus. You give away the whole litmus and measure of your thinking to a frankenstein you've built in your head.

There is no entity "Genius Forum" Just whoever is here at whichever moment, thinking, writing . . . . get on with it. No one is stopping you.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Exactly right, Pye.

If the forum has been derailed at all, it is by all these johnny-come-latelies who insist on complaining and gossiping like old women at a market-place.

So much energy spent railing against a monster of their own making, and so little energy spent towards assuming responsibility and improving the forum of their own accord.

And all because this forum has the temerity to challenge people's cherished attachments.

-
Faust

Post by Faust »

Dan Rowden wrote:When our arse is invaded by a population of pinworms we don't feel worthless
AHHH! Did you get this from my post??? You won't feel worthless, but you WILL lose your SANITY.. Oh yes, that's a guarantee, madness is definitely part of the package. Intestinal worms that refuse to go away for YEARS (and it happens) will make you go mad, and you will kill yourself..
Amor fati