Easily Confused

Post questions or suggestions here.
Shardrol

Easily Confused

Post by Shardrol »

Here's a site that could easily be confused with Genius Forum these days.
Tomas

Re: Easily Confused

Post by Tomas »

-hardroll-
Shardrol - Here's a site that could easily be confused with Genius Forum these days.
http://www.menarebetterthanwomen.com

-tomas-
When you are no longer confused, Hardroll, you may return to Genius Forum(s).

BTW - These days... your womanhood is showing ;-(

Tomas (the tank)
VietNam veteran - 1971

Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Yeah, that’s quite the hateful bunch over there. That mentality is what arises after you’ve neglected truth your entire life, and as a result unwittingly got married and divorced a bunch of times, and are now working like a slave to pay your multiple ex-wives child support…

It’s quite feeble how most or their claims are rooted in a sort of resentment, hatred, and vulgar arrogance towards women.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Shardrol wrote:Here's a site that could easily be confused with Genius Forum these days.
I'm assuming you're kidding; if not, I think you better explain yourself.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Dan wrote;
I thought she was being sarcastic, as she couldn't be that naive to compare the hate speech on that website to the empirical observations that are grounded in reason on GF.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

With the amount of philosophy we argue against here, someone might think GF is totally anti-philosophy.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Shardrol wrote:Here's a site that could easily be confused with Genius Forum these days.
I understand the psychological denial, but so what? If they wish to feed their egos in obsolete group think smoozing each other, its their time they waste, not mine.
Goddess made sex for company.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Dan Rowden wrote:
Let me take a wild guess. For one thing, both Cory and Ryan - both long-time members - within the last couple of days in separate threads, have suggested that wise people would abort all female fetuses.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Eliza: David has supported killing old people who fail a wisdom test. Why are you shocked by Cory and Ryan's support of abortion?
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:
Dan Rowden wrote:
Let me take a wild guess. For one thing, both Cory and Ryan - both long-time members - within the last couple of days in separate threads, have suggested that wise people would abort all female fetuses.
What? When did I say this was going to happen?

If you go back and consider the empirical evidence Liz, I think you'll find there's a significant difference between what you remember I said, and what I really said.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Cory Duchesne wrote:What? When
Here, and a couple of posts above that link.
Trevor Salyzyn wrote:Eliza: David has supported killing old people who fail a wisdom test. Why are you shocked by Cory and Ryan's support of abortion?
Who said I was shocked? I merely provided just one (of a very long list) reason in support of Shardrol's observation we are going through yet another phase of - well, just like the site's name says - that "men are better than women."
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:
Cory Duchesne wrote:What? When
Here, and a couple of posts above that link.
Did I say anything about the abortion of ALL female fetuses? That would be too foolish.

Really, what I'm most optimistic about is parents consciously masculinizing female fetuses, but not so much that they lose the ability to become pregnant.

I think that if 41% of the population is opened to gender selection, then that might be a good sign for open mindedness to more subtlety intentioned technologies.

I don't actually think it makes much sense to have males outnumber the females. What makes sense is to masculinize both genders as much as possible. This of course raises the question as to what the biological basis of masculinization is and what it requires.
Last edited by Cory Duchesne on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Shardrol's observation was that the other site could easily be confused with this forum. I have to say in all candour I think it silly beyond measure to compare that shithole with this forum.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Shardrol just lost 5 man points with me.
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

I think that site is meant to be humourous . . . and it is.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Elizabeth wrote:
I didn’t say all female fetuses; refer to my response in that thread. You’ve been caught over-reacting again Elizabeth to serve your conjured up cause to protect all women from the evil GF members… ; )
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Well, if you only wanted to produce *happy* men, then you'd produce between 10 & 40 girls for every boy.
Goddess made sex for company.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Ryan Rudolph wrote:Elizabeth wrote:
I didn’t say all female fetuses; refer to my response in that thread. You’ve been caught over-reacting again Elizabeth to serve your conjured up cause to protect all women from the evil GF members… ; )
Ryan Rudolph wrote:any truly wise man would want to use the latest scientific technology to make sure the child is a boy
Ah - so you only meant that only if this were a society completely of sages, all female fetuses would be aborted - rather than saying that if a man would not have his daughter aborted just because she is a female, that would be evidence that he is not wise (a perfect example of the "no true Scotsman" fallacy).
Ryan Rudolph wrote:You’ve been caught over-reacting again Elizabeth to serve your conjured up cause to protect all women from the evil GF members… ; )
In another thread, I mentioned that as long as there is feminism, we should make room for masculinism to help balance things. I tried typing in "women are better than men" to try to find some equally hard-nosed feminist site to the "men are better than women" site - but I didn't find one. But maybe this site needs some balancing, and I did find some more serious articles.

For example, this article shows how women make better managers. Another one states scientific research showing that women make better drivers. Here's another study in this article showing that women are more likely to adopt a strategy of
"carry on with a strategy that produces wins'' or ''abandon a strategy that produces losses,'' which was shown by computer to be the most successful cooperative strategy.
All of these point to the realization that women would be better at running the world than men.

Here's a study that shows that even women with less education than men still have better cognitive function. In other words, women just innately think better than men. This article explains why. Scientists have discovered that the Y chromosome is actually just a damaged X chromosome, and part of the intellect was located on the missing leg of the X. Now if it is perfectly acceptable to abort fetuses that are genetically defective... Besides, scientific breakthroughs are on the verge of making it possible to have two biological mothers and no need for male input for conception.

* waiting to see if Ryan et al start "over-reacting" *
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Elizabeth:
Trevor:
Eliza: David has supported killing old people who fail a wisdom test. Why are you shocked by Cory and Ryan's support of abortion?
David was also the first to advocate aborting all female infants, several years ago. It's definitely not surprising to hear that others have taken up the call. That sort of idea is probably the inevitable result of taking QRS views on gender seriously.

And yes, this is one area where the term "QRS" applies, and it is also one area where QRS views fall down monstrously.
I live in a tub.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Uni: I have no difficulty agreeing with 'QRS' that, say, Canadian culture is obsessed with women (not to mention sex), and that this obsession gets in the way of serious thinking.

Taken too far, as often happens here, one delusion is simply replaced with another. The goal should be to stop obsessing about women, not to start attacking them or to start defending them (both of which are just other forms of obsession). You might be right that 'QRS' have lost sight of this, as well. I don't pay much attention to these topics.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Elizabeth,
For example, this article shows how women make better managers. Another one states scientific research showing that women make better drivers.
I’m not denying that women have innate talents, and mediocre women are superior to mediocre men in many ways. However, I’m judging women through the context of how likely it is that she can achieve enlightenment, which is almost nil.

So based on how I value wisdom above all else, men have a greater chance to continue carrying the torch of wisdom, so I put all my gambling chips on that sex, if I was to ever consciously reproduce, which I probably never will anyway.

However, if historically, women were the sex that produced more enlightened sages, and men had the shoddy track record, then I would advocate aborting large amounts of males, and having a higher female to male ratio.

My opinions are merely a reflection of the empirical evidence, I don’t even choose to think this way.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Trevor,
The goal should be to stop obsessing about women, not to start attacking them or to start defending them (both of which are just other forms of obsession). You might be right that 'QRS' have lost sight of this, as well.
They have, and in a major way. A lot of single guys are preoccupied with thoughts about women, and in that respect, 'QRS' are no different. Their thoughts, of course, revolve around what they see as the dangers and pitfalls of relationships, rather than "getting some" or the like. But the degree to which their thinking is tied up with matters involving the feminine seems comparable to any other guy.

I've never seen them as any more "free" from the feminine dimension in terms of the share of attention given to it than the typical guy with a job, mortgage, and the "Mars/Venus" book on the shelf.
I live in a tub.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Uni,
A lot of single guys are preoccupied with thoughts about women, and in that respect, 'QRS' are no different.
This is the problem that should be addressed, then.

I have no difficulty avoiding temptation by simply always finding novel ways of teaching philosophy. It doesn't take anything more than that to make sure that women (and men, for that matter) are going to be interested in friendship, and nothing else. Nobody wants to mess with the mind of a "holy fool" (as they'd call me in Dostoevsky's Russia). It would be like receiving head from a monk: it's wrong on more levels than the average person has the conscience to deal with.

So long as you always appear in a world of your own, you don't need to fret over women. I don't see why any of the 'QRS' would even need to think about it.

Then again, I was reading St. Augustine's City of God, and he was relating the story of the Christians virgins who commited suicide after they were raped-- their guilt that they enjoyed the physical pleasure was too much for them to handle, especially after making vows of chastity. They could not separate the pleasure in their mind from willingness, and thus felt responsible in part for their rape. There could be a similar measure of guilt working on "the three wise men" -- I don't think I need to elaborate here for you to see the analogy.
Last edited by Trevor Salyzyn on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
skipair

Post by skipair »

Uni, time spent NOT thinking about women is indeed the bottom line, but I think your criticism is a little hollow. This site deals with breaking delusions by talking about them, and talking about them a lot. Does that make QRS just as deluded as everyone else? Probably not. It just so happens that the Woman issue is a major delusion. I think that discusing it with other women is a waste of time, and in that regard I agree it has gone too far. Other than that, I find it necessary.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Unidian wrote:I've never seen them as any more "free" from the feminine dimension in terms of the share of attention given to it than the typical guy with a job, mortgage, and the "Mars/Venus" book on the shelf.
Right, but the kind of attention given to the subject is entirely the opposite of the kind given by the typical man you described above. If you lived in a neighborhood filled with heroin addicts I'm sure much of your time would be spent dealing with that problem. The world's addiction to Woman is even worse though, it's in every neighborhood and every culture. It even has an entire society hell bent on spreading and preserving this addiction. If sanity, rationality, and consciousness are what one values most, how can one not give the issue of Woman its due attention?