what are you thinking?

Post questions or suggestions here.
keenobserver

what are you thinking?

Post by keenobserver »

Seems a day doesnt pass that someone hasnt come up with a new idea or scheme for improving both our state of minds and the business of getting along. For instance today on the boob toob some guy was trying to make a living informing us that we actually are happy somewhere inside, all we got to do is believe it and find it and, well, BE HAPPY!
More interesting to me is how determined folks are to get along, to become less strange one to another, to become more family-like and less of all this chronic lets-agree-to-pretend-we-dont-see-each-other-when-forced-to-go-outdoors. One thing that seems to rarely occur to folks is that Americans anyway, have become so distinctly individualistic, so expert in their ways and needs, so taught to be themselves and not to compromise, that the harmony and satisfying cooperative spirit they desperately seek has become nearly impossible. But we try nevertheless, day after day, we come up with new ways to bring people together at least for a time in a space often with an instructor of sorts, everyone goes through the motions and puts on their best face and tries like hell to be happy and to appreciate their far-too-dissimilar neighbors, everyone tries to forget the differences, ignore them, asks not about them, look desperately for common ground, and sometimes friendships come of it but sooner or later things go to pieces and the hardening once again sets in and off we all go looking for the next latest community fad or magical loving guru.
Used to be when "men were men and girls were girls" the human race at least had some chance for harmony and community, but being that people havent learned how to get along without the expectation of sex and a caring listening ear, these were no heavenly, ideal times either. And though we've (thank god) got past that master/subordinate relative contingent peace or yesteryear, nowadays given the same tools and nearly same mentalities there is a great deal of suffering, displeasure and depression, since folks aint got a clue what to do about it. Philosophers know of course, and have been saying so for eons.
The people havent yet figured out that we've abandoned much of what contributed to ego satisfaction at the community interpersonal level. So they keep trying to solve the unsolvable. Want their cake and to eat it too. It's difficult to watch.
sue hindmarsh

Re: what are you thinking?

Post by sue hindmarsh »

keenobserver,

What you have written is also difficult to read.

Has the above outpouring got something to do with your own personnel need to connect with people - or what?

Carl G

Post by Carl G »

keenobserver wrote: It's difficult to watch.
Stop watching. What do you care about the passing parade? Release. Move to the beat of your own drummer. Synchronize it with the drum of the Universe.
Good Citizen Carl
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

What? The Universe has a beat? Please tell me it's not hip hop.
Ataraxia

Post by Ataraxia »

Nah,not hip hop,house.

doof,doof,doof...

I saw God the other day-he was at the traffic lights in a hotted up Commodore.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

With furry dice hanging from the mirror? Oh, no, that would have been a Valiant.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

"Heeeey."

(Oops)

!
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Dan Rowden wrote:What? The Universe has a beat? Please tell me it's not hip hop.
Nope. It's Do Wop.

Under the Boaoardwalk, Up On the Rooo-ooofff.
Good Citizen Carl
keenobserver

Post by keenobserver »

Sue Hindmarsh wrote:keenobserver,

What you have written is also difficult to read.

Has the above outpouring got something to do with your own personnel need to connect with people - or what?

lol!
Spoken like a woman!

No,, seriously now, looking at the title may provide some clue, hoped to get something rolling, happy to see at least 8 posts sofar, will take a look, if others are as clueless as to what Im getting at, i promise to do my best to clear it up.
:)
keenobserver

Post by keenobserver »

Carl G wrote:
Stop watching. What do you care about the passing parade? Release. Move to the beat of your own drummer. Synchronize it with the drum of the Universe.
What do I care?
!
?
Maybe I should ask you why you're on this forum.
keenobserver

Post by keenobserver »

Dan Rowden wrote:What? The Universe has a beat? Please tell me it's not hip hop.
Dan, you seem determined to excel at comedy as of late, nothing against it in principle, but arent you a moderator of a forum like no other forum attempting to lead the human race to greatness?

Used to be you actually contributed something of genius, is there some way we can help you work back up from your slide?
Seriously. David, Kevin, is anyone concerned?

On the other hand, I can appreciate the idea of a stealth like existnce when wisdom suggests it, maybe your back to writing your book oe something, (something= pos the "flatmate's" meds are off).

hahaha

No, seriously, again now, honor me with your thoughts on the matter, or perhaps you dont get sufficient American tv there in sunny Australia, perhaps you dont live amongst millions of madmen and madwomen going ever madder, this country is currently held together with silk threads. Its quite serious. I could just retire from caring and live a cozy egotistical life and probably escape with natural death before the fire, live anywhere in the world, but call me stupid if you must, here I am dodging the bullets, looking for some help with helping the helpless.
keenobserver

Post by keenobserver »

Oh well, eight-one worthless thoughts.
Maybe I should shut up 'till you have come to your senses.
:)
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

keenobserver wrote:
Carl G wrote:
What do I care?
!
?
Maybe I should ask you why you're on this forum.
It certainly isn't to wring my hands over the stupidity rampant among the herd. But apparently you consider that a legitimate issue in which to invest big blocky paragraphs and who knows how much emotional capital, something somehow requisite to your path to Enlightenment. I just wondered why, and then suggested dropping it.
Good Citizen Carl
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

keenobserver wrote:
Dan, you seem determined to excel at comedy as of late, nothing against it in principle, but arent you a moderator of a forum like no other forum attempting to lead the human race to greatness?
I'll do that if I see some real desire. Otherwise, what is left but comedy?
Used to be you actually contributed something of genius, is there some way we can help you work back up from your slide?
There's nothing to work back up to. I don't exist to set some sort of standard that pleases you. Your words smack of sycophancy. Be wary of that.
Seriously. David, Kevin, is anyone concerned?
Now that's just plain insulting.
On the other hand, I can appreciate the idea of a stealth like existnce when wisdom suggests it, maybe your back to writing your book oe something,
When people say things like this it puts me off them substantially. There is no obligation for me to post at all, let alone with a particular frequency or seriousness. As it happens I've been fighting potentially serious illness - bad bout of pleurisy followed by flu. I don't and haven't had continual energy for serious posting. Though, there is seriousness in the humor, bit it's going over your head it seems.
(something= pos the "flatmate's" meds are off).
Excuse me?
No, seriously, again now, honor me with your thoughts on the matter, or perhaps you dont get sufficient American tv there in sunny Australia, perhaps you dont live amongst millions of madmen and madwomen going ever madder, this country is currently held together with silk threads.
When was it substantially different than that?
Its quite serious.
I agree its serious, but I don't have any power to change US culture.
I could just retire from caring and live a cozy egotistical life and probably escape with natural death before the fire, live anywhere in the world, but call me stupid if you must, here I am dodging the bullets, looking for some help with helping the helpless.
I would urge you to not attempt helping anyone till you don't need help doing it.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

When people say things like this it puts me off them substantially. There is no obligation for me to post at all, let alone with a particular frequency or seriousness. As it happens I've been fighting potentially serious illness - bad bout of pleurisy followed by flu. I don't and haven't had continual energy for serious posting. Though, there is seriousness in the humor, bit it's going over your head it seems.
Get better, Dan
I, for one, enjoy reading your humorous obsevervations
These forums can get ponderous and can do with more wry wit