Evidence a lot of females are petty, vindictive and insane

Post questions or suggestions here.
Carl G

Re: Evidence a lot of females are petty, vindictive and insane

Post by Carl G »

Dan puts himself out there as an enlightened being, and as such is a spiritual teacher. One's words are not divorced from one's lifestyle, and the proof is in the pudding. It is therefore at least somewhat relevant how he lives.
Good Citizen Carl
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Aussie TV sounds worse than American, but in general the quality of our news is shockingly low. My husband always watches the Russian or Ukrainian news and he says ours is very shallow.
Yes, in Australia the news shows have become too shallow and americanised to watch. Daytime TV is complete drivel aimed at women. We do have some reasonable current affairs shows though, on the 2 non-commercial free-to-air channels. Still no show really allocates enough time for some current affairs discussions - with diverse viewpoints it is hard to get to the nitty gritty in a half hour or hour.

We only have 5 free to air channels, and cable is too expensive (having only 20 million people spread out across vast distances, cable/satellite is still fairly new as new providers find it hard to make money without charging a fair bit- unlike the US with 84% penetration of cable).
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I hope you're not including SBS in that "non commercial" category!
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

oops, I was, but I guess they are no longer could be categorised as same, considering that they now do ads - but at least they are not as bad as the self-"regulated" mob with ads, whom are making TV unwatchable, whom are making it into one big continuos ad.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Carl G wrote: One's words are not divorced from one's lifestyle, and the proof is in the pudding. It is therefore at least somewhat relevant how he lives.
Agreed. I know that Dan (and Kevin and David) don't intend to misrepresent themselves in any way; but in talking about their ideals, they often do not realize the difference between the internet impression they give of how they live and what the tangible reality of their lives are. That hearkens back to my complaints about truthful representation. It took a lot of digging for me to get a reasonable understanding of what was really going on here because they don't understand the importance of the details that are not so idealistic but are real. In their good efforts to present only what is really important (because there is already plenty of fluff on the internet), certain things come across as distorted. It's really fascinating to me how they (as quite reasonable people) can state the truth, yet reasonable people can still infer a false perception from the stated truth. It's the seemingly unimportant details that pin the truth and the reality together. It's going to take me a while to digest how this occurs.

BTW, QRS - y'all need to update your profile pages. Seriously.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

BTW, QRS - y'all need to update your profile pages. Seriously.
That looks petty, vindicative, and insane to me. ;)
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:BTW, QRS - y'all need to update your profile pages. Seriously.
What do you think needs to be changed/added, exactly?
Elizabeth Isabelle

Dan, of the 3, yours was the closest to updated - and I see that yours is now even more updated. Your page still paints you as less human than you are, but it is going to take me awhile to figure out what, if anything, needs to be said to that effect. Perhaps just stating what is really obvious to you, and I can hear you now saying "That's something that shouldn't have to be said" - but - maybe right next to where you state that you are doing your best, specifically point out that you are a human? I know how stupid that sounds, and you're probably not the only one who'll just about die laughing at that concept, but you don't see the impression you give the newbies. Remember when I was trying to differentiate between the philosophies of the 3 of you after recognizing there wasn't really a unified QRS philosophy, and I tracked you all over the internet, and finally came to the conclusion that you were just a bunch of regular guys who... and your response was that you are regular guys? Before that, I was a bit harsher with David than I should have been because I was under a misimpression of him. I understand what you are trying to do as far as setting the best examples you can and presenting the ideals in an inspiring and uncluttered manner, but you are inadvertently either deifying yourselves or coming across as really egotistical - depending on the position of the listener. I'll get back to you on that later; as I indicated, it will take awhile for me to put this together - maybe a month or longer. I think this would be a good topic for a verbal discussion on Skype, but give me awhile to chew on it some more first.

I think Kevin knows what I think needs updating on his profile page, and if David wants my opinion, he can ask (but I think he can figure it out for himself).
keenobserver

Re: god men

Post by keenobserver »

hahahaha, I havent seen these pages but shit, (and i say this with all respect) if you had any idea what it meant to be genuinely enlightened and how incredibly rare and infinitely removed it is from the race as a whole, well then ..(you know what im going to say dont you...). You simply cannot appreciate the achievement.

Just think about the person or skill or attainment you admire the most and then multiply that by one thousand and then maybe you'll be approching the worth and preciousness of true philosophic genius. Nothing not even Christian conceptions of God deserve greater association with deity. If an enlightened being isnt a god then no one and no thing IS.

There, now take one month to process that then return to those silly pages and read with new eyes why dont you.
hahahaha
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

keenobserver: You don't think those pages are silly? Why not?
keenobserver

Post by keenobserver »

If they were silly men the pages could be silly, but they're not.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Why? Is total dependence still a good goal for women?
Elizabeth Isabelle

Re: god men

keenobserver wrote:hahahaha, I havent seen these pages but shit, (and i say this with all respect) if you had any idea what it meant to be genuinely enlightened and how incredibly rare and infinitely removed it is from the race as a whole, well then ..(you know what im going to say dont you...). You simply cannot appreciate the achievement.

Just think about the person or skill or attainment you admire the most and then multiply that by one thousand and then maybe you'll be approching the worth and preciousness of true philosophic genius. Nothing not even Christian conceptions of God deserve greater association with deity. If an enlightened being isnt a god then no one and no thing IS.

There, now take one month to process that then return to those silly pages and read with new eyes why dont you.
hahahaha
Dan, I'll just call this "exhibit B."
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Are you saying the profiles should contain more philosophic content? Or some sort of quasi-preaching inspirational stuff? "Exhibit B" didn't speak to me much, frankly.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Btw, I'm sure Dave H. feels great about being totally left out of this analysis! I'd like some updated pics for your page, Dave. 1 at least.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Yeah, Hodges' is as outdated as Quinn's - but the point I was going after was the superhuman stuff. Just by being the only non-QRS with a profile page up, by association he probably comes across as angel status rather than full fledged deity like the admins (how being the administrators of a message board promotes someone to deity status is also part of what I'm considering) - but he does not tout himself as a spiritual leader, so he gets some more slack.

"Exhibit B" means that it looks like keenobserver does consider you a living deity.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

As it should be. About damn time!
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Count me in among those who view QRS as living deities. That is how I think they try to come across. Considering that, I agree that their pages are somewhat stuffy and outdated. At least some photos less than ten years old would be good.
Good Citizen Carl
Pye

Post by Pye »

Elizabeth: "Exhibit B" means that it looks like keenobserver does consider you a living deity.
Carl: Count me in among those who view QRS as living deities.
Dan: As it should be. About damn time!
Buddha had some good advice about what to do, should you meet one of these characters on the road . . . . :)
Elizabeth Isabelle

Pye - LOL!

EDIT - Carl - I asked question here that actually belongs in another thread. I will edit again to add a link to that new thread.

second edit:

Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3354

This thread was on either femininity or relationships, or the femininity of relationships, or something like that - so now I hope this thread can either go back on topic or waft away.
Last edited by Elizabeth Isabelle on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Eliza: considering the amount of photography the mods do, I highly doubt they have a camera between the three of them. And, considering how much work they do, I think that getting a camera between the three of them might be a little on the expensive side. And for what? To update a stuffy little website?

I, on the other hand, would gladly make an elaborate page, filled with all the beliefs I currently hold, and the reasons for all my current beliefs, and with photographs of me from every which angle (my sister has a camera).... But then updating it in a year when I look entirely differently, and have far more developed beliefs, would be annoying. What if I no longer believe in the importance of profile pages? Hmmm.... maybe I wouldn't want to do this....
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

time to dip into this morass one last time :-)

-arlester-
Carl G - Count me in among those who view QRS as living deities.

-tomas-
Put'em on tour. Pack'em up tightly, and ship'em to the good'ol USA (perhaps a couple stops in Canada, too.) Either a Chinese freighter loaded with Mattel toys that will keep'em busy -OR- a FedEx air freight shipment that will have a stopover in Maui, Hawaii. We'll be there in October for a mini-conference. I'll size them up - if they pass muster... do a plaster cast of their physical self complete nudity for Elizabeth's (thin lizzy) benefit will set an itinerary with tour stops in San Francisco (golden gate bridge), Seattle (space needle), Old Faithful (the geyser) Montana, Mandan-Arikara-Hidista Indian Reservation, North Dakota (where the elders and them will imbibe in some kick-ass peyote and hold a pow-wow) then a stopover in...

-arlester-
That is how I think they try to come across.

-tomas-
Yeah, definitely a conspiracy there.

-arlester-
Considering that, I agree that their pages are somewhat stuffy and outdated.

-tomas-
I suggest a round-the-clock webcam in their living quarters, for instance, see how much TV Dan really watches. The sound has embedded messages apart from the images...

-arlester-
At least some photos less than ten years old would be good.

-tomas-
The webcam will freeze images (complete with sound too) of them every hour, on-the-hour and transmit it to this site.

If they are out of their residence, then an ankle bracelet will track their every move or maybe a portable headcam would be in order. People need to know!

Tomas (the tank)
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason

Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

I would love to watch the growths and recessions of Dan's gut over the course of 9 months, in imitation of that woman's filming of her entire pregnancy. With only 2 or 3 different shirts and no baby at the end, I'm sure it will be considerably more depressing, though.
DHodges

Profiles

Post by DHodges »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Yeah, Hodges' is as outdated as Quinn's -
I'm willing to update it. I agree that it is ridiculously out of date. Conversely, would it make more sense to just have a link to a Myspace page or something? (That I keep fairly up to date, although it has nothing philosophical on it.)

Just by being the only non-QRS with a profile page up,
That was not the case when the pages were put up. At least Marsha also had a page.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:I would love to watch the growths and recessions of Dan's gut over the course of 9 months, in imitation of that woman's filming of her entire pregnancy. With only 2 or 3 different shirts and no baby at the end, I'm sure it will be considerably more depressing, though.
Okay, Trevor's sense of humor rears its twisted head, but the point is taken. I don't expect a Star Magazine review of their lives, complete with paparazzi.

Dan, maybe it's time to start taking volunteers for more profile pages. I'll volunteer, and I think I saw Trevor sort-of volunteer a few posts up. Anyone else? Cory? (nudge, nudge)